Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Morris

surfer rock

I have been listening to the ventures for teh past hour...can anyone give me some other good surf rocker bands like this...this stuff makes me want to ride a long board skateboard.

edit

roy clarks riders in the sky also rocks

must surf more... there was the mom (music for our mother ocean) compilation. you could grab the blue crush sound track, but skip the movie, though the girlies were hot there was too much bull shit and not enough pipes.

the ventures are great, i used to always play big blocks of the ventures in the jukebox at a local diner i used to frequent...

man...they had the best potatoes on earth

DICK DALE !!!!

DICK DALE AND THE DELTONES!!!

that man is the king of surf guitar.

Get hava nagila lets go trippin, and ghost riders in the sky, actually they are all good.

i've just gotten back from a surf trip like 2 hoyurs ago. the first day, i listened to the pixies "wave of mutilation" before surfing. the second day, i listened to the stooges "search and destroy", and today, i listened to minor threat "in my eyes" and crashed into a kayak. so minor threat is my favorite surf rock band.

SUBURBIAN SAID IT, LEGENDARY DICK DALE. MY AREA ACTUALLY HAS A STATION THAT PUTS OUT SURF GUITAR MUSIC FOR LIKE 5 HOURS ON FRIDAYS.

for a darker more contemporary sound you should give

MAN OR ASTROMAN?

a listen.

they fucking rock. they are from outerspace. what else do i have to say?

great stuff.

Guest ilikeskulls.

the mermen are good too...they kinda go off in expermental land sometimes but they do it well.

the phantom surfers are decent too...they did a album with dick dale also i think.

dick dale...you can't go wrong with...i thnk he actully started the ventures too...he also did the pulp fiction theme song if you didn't know that.

garcia, whered you go surfing?? did you ever make it to thailand??

yes.. man or astro man? are great. get their older stuff, though. the new stuff is really weird. good, just not surf rock.

there are some other bands on the record label "estrus", too. some surf rock, some rockabilly.

others:

dick dale

santo and johnny

i can't think of any more.. i'll have to check out my CDs at home.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this