DEATH METAL,BLACK METAL,GRINDCORE,etc.....

Guest mafIAkilla

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wolves in the Throne Room are more of a Doom metal band with Black Metal influences. They are pretty good, if you like atmospheric dark stuff

gave em a listen and also Anaal Nathrakh. as well as a whole list of other bands posted in here.

must be getting old or something cause i dug the dark atmospheric stuff a bit more.

anaalcd.jpg

this album was amazing though

When are you seeing that show because all 3 of those bands are playing November 11th here? I hope Tim Yeung is playing with Decrepit Birth that night. I already missed Augury alongside God Dethroned. But this one more than makes up for it.

vader1109.jpg

It makes me laugh that Augury is not in huge bold letters. Being next to the shitty warblade band (local lamers) is quite a slap in the face to Augury's ability.

I'm going Nov 19th in Edmonton Alberta.

All those bands are on the bill except the bottom two, Warblade and whatever that is next to it.

Apparently Augury kicked some fucking ass in the shows they were playing with God Dethroned, I know you told me to check out their new album so I listened to it the other day while doing my groceries, it was sounding pretty good so I'm looking forward to seeing em.

Really, really really looking forward to Decrepit Birth and I'm happy I get to see Vader too.

Yea man I'm really happy I have the opportunity to see 3 excellent hard hitting acts. Yea all the bands other than Augury, Decrepit Birth, and Vader are shit. Usually tour management fucks up and pairs one awesome band with a pile of lame hacks. This is not the case fortunately. I'm never "that guy" takin photos, but I would like to get some of the show to post up here.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, i don't really know shit about metal, nor do i claim to, but I figured i'd still throw this record out there.

SYPHILITIC%2BVAGINAS.jpg

I've heard two different theories of this band, one is that its one of the dudes from netjajev s.s. playing everything. Other people say its a trio, still with one of the guys from netjajev s.s. Either way, they're Swedish, pretending to be Japanese, worshipping GISM, playing some fast, thrashy, black metal/punk (i think? once again, i'm bad with genres and don't know metal all that well). Maybe this shit is garbage by most of your standards, but its amusing to me.

edit: stole that dead link from a blog. Here's a working one i just uploaded: http://www.mediafire.com/?0it4izyqfwz

Wish you would post more of your collection in here Chupacabra, shit gets stale in here from time to time. I lurk but hardly ever post anything in the Hardcore thread worried that I'll say something stupid which I prolly would. I can dig some blackened thrash and Syphilitic Vaginas is good in that respect. Nothing out of the ordinary but straight forward screaming riffs

And to post up some lesser mentioned genres in here I present one of my favorite Powerviolence splits. i'll hopefully be seein D.R.I. and CapCas in December

capitalistcasualties_manisthebastard.jpg

I rarely know where things are to go in accordance with genre I just know what I got to post fuckin rips

http://www.mediafire.com/?vnjhyyuzmto

Wish you would post more of your collection in here Chupacabra, shit gets stale in here from time to time.

I'm just always unsure of what people want in here, since my metal knowledge is minimal. I have some powerviolence as well as a shit ton of thrashy/metallic(?) japanese punk, but i don't want to be the guy who floods a thread with a bunch of shit no one wants. I already do that in the hardcore thread, but thats because i can.

If people are cool with some more punk influenced stuff, then i got plenty thats still thrashy and heavy as nails, but i understand if the regulars in here want this to be actually focused on more straight up metal.

In the meantime, i'll upload a couple powerviolence records.

Archived