THE Cartooning/ Comic Strip thread.

JoeyLawrence

Guest --zeSto--

I'm sorry.. but I hate Heart of The City

and Bill Weterson retired from drawing Calvin.

I remember when it happened. I was getting all the books as they came

out, and then one book said "Goodbye, it's over". I was really shook up.

(Imagine telling a kid that his favorite comic is done.)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam......I always liked the fact that the cartoon dealt with real life.....

Calvin and Hobbes

The Far Side

Garfield

Beetle Bailey

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Mr. Wiggles! The most twisted and funniest comic strip out there......

Well, next to Sally Forth, of course.....

i think that neil swaab is a good illustrator and a horrible cartoonist. to be a good cartoonist, one must also be consistantly funny. although i have to admit i laughed outloud at the bowel movement cartoon. "it was gripping edge of your seat action!"

haha

i think that if anyone has any aaron horkey cartoons/illustrations they should post em. the king of minnesota hands down. that guy has the coolest style. (im talking cartoons. his vandalism is swell and his music is swell...but the cartoons that guy draws are pure killer.)

....and if you guys start posting some of your comics....ill give you a peek at one of my new strips that i just finished last night while doped to all hell and enjoying the lost boys at 4 am.

p.s.

WHERE THE HELL IS BEARDO ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

p.p.s......beardo....ill get you a package when im back home. sorry for laggin.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by 455

Adam......I always liked the fact that the cartoon dealt with real life.....

Calvin and Hobbes

The Far Side

Garfield

Beetle Bailey

ADAM IS NOT FUNNY! THAT FUCKER THAT DRAWS IT BITES OTHER COMICS SOOOO BAD! And how many more times is he gonna make stupid coffee jokes? Coffee is not funny!

then there's Non Sequitor (Obvious Man is cool).

It's too bad Watterson retired. I have enough of those books, too. I want more. How could he do that to the children??

Guest Canadiano

You want real life?

It's time to check For Better Or For Worse. I've been reading that since I was a wee child, and I have literally grown up with the characters.

In Doonesberry, Duke is based on Hunter Thompson. Cigarette Man is cool too, I also like how GHW Bush was first a feather and later just a kinda 'point'... And Dubya is just a floating cowboy hat... hahaha

In Bloom County, I always loved Rosebud, the Basselope...

bone is awesome i saw that above...

pure genius as a comic book...strips i say like many others bloom county, calvin and hobbes, doonesbury.. those are my favs...

hey whats the name of that cartoon series with the kids in afros? ive been wanting to find that..

Originally posted by Canadiano

ADAM IS NOT FUNNY! THAT FUCKER THAT DRAWS IT BITES OTHER COMICS SOOOO BAD! And how many more times is he gonna make stupid coffee jokes? Coffee is not funny!

then there's Non Sequitor (Obvious Man is cool).

It's too bad Watterson retired. I have enough of those books, too. I want more. How could he do that to the children??

.....look bro,that's great that you have your opinion and I have mine---I haven't looked at the funnies in at least 3 years.....no big deal....

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by Gnes 37

family circus fuckin blows

yes!! yes!! yess!! i agree so much. that cartoon pisses me off. its NEVER funny. there are no jokes in it! sooo horrible!!

i enjoy foxtrot now and then...

i forget what its called....but theres also that one strip that has all the females with incredibly perky boobs. thats neat.

Originally posted by yoink

bone is awesome i saw that above...

pure genius as a comic book...strips i say like many others bloom county, calvin and hobbes, doonesbury.. those are my favs...

hey whats the name of that cartoon series with the kids in afros? ive been wanting to find that..

FUCKKKKKK the boondocks. quite possibly the worst comic since garfield.

Archived