Any good old movies. Pre 1995

Guest Stapler

Guest Stapler

Yeah i am fcuking bored and want to go to the video store. If you have any suggestions then please help me. Thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

get 12 angry men. the b/w version, not the tony danza version. i love that movie.

lost horizon--old school shit dude.

blank check, bro!!!--the kid from that is in this band called 'last ditch effort,' he's a punk rock kid now. and his band suck. and he gets fucking pissed when you talk about that movie. i never miss the opportunity.

Guest professor poopatronic
Originally posted by SkyDancer666

blank check, bro!!!--the kid from that is in this band called 'last ditch effort,' he's a punk rock kid now. and his band suck. and he gets fucking pissed when you talk about that movie. i never miss the opportunity.

bonsall. partied with him a couple times, seems cool enough i suppose.

anyways as far as semi-old movies go, i only have one word for you:

THRASHIN'

"that wild indian picture just happens to be stylin'. you don't know what you're talking about."

Originally posted by professor poopatronic

bonsall. partied with him a couple times, seems cool enough i suppose.

anyways as far as semi-old movies go, i only have one word for you:

THRASHIN'

"that wild indian picture just happens to be stylin'. you don't know what you're talking about."

no way, Gleaming the Cube.

Guest Stapler

Yeha i have seen all of those. I eventually settled on Maclom X and Down to Earth i couldnt even find anything that remotly had my interest. They have ashit video system her in japan. Movies dont come out here in the cinema until they have made it to video in the states and the video have crappy subtitles at the bottom. But yeah i liked Malcom X, cause i had read about his life in a history class. Portrays some interesting stuff in that movie, and who was Malcom X played by Denzel Washington thats right he is one of my favorite actors.......

Guest Canadiano

I just saw Trail of the Pink Panther the other day. What was the other one that serpent mentioned?? Uh...12 Angry Men. That is an amazing movie that I wanna watch again. Last time I saw it was in grade nine, for school. Years ago, still.

Guest --zeSto--

hahaha.. .word on the Inspecter Clouseau !!

also on the MUST see list... The Party staring Peter Sellers.

Originally posted by space

no way, Gleaming the Cube.

i just saw that. tony hawk trying to kickflip at the airport made me laugh. good movie.

Some of these you'll NEVER find, but. . .

Love and Anarchy (1973)

Giancarlo Giannini, Mariangela Melato. An Italian peasant, whose grandfather is a lifelong anarchist, decides to assassinate Mussolini after the grandfather is caught and killed by the authorities. His base of operations is a whorehouse, and the whores are gathering intelligence from their customers in the Army and police, and passing it on to the resistance. They treat Giannini as a wonderful hero, almost certain to die in the assassination attempt, and all want to make the last few days of his life wonderful---but he falls in love with his anarchist/whore contact and tries his best to shed the foolish assassination plan. If you've never seen this movie, see it. Get your anti-anarchist shots first, because it's one of those movies that makes you want to go make a black flag immediately.

State of Seige ('60s)

Yves Montand, Renato Salvatori, O.E. Hasse, directed by Costa-Gavras ("Z"), this is a story loosely based on an actual event, of a political assassination of a U.S. diplomat in South America.

"Z" (1969)

Yves Montand, Irene Pappas. (Academy Award for Best Foreign Film, 1969) The leader of the growing opposition party is killed by a speeding truck, and as the trial begins, seven eyewitnesses to the assassination vanish. Based on a true story.

Barfly (1987)

One of my MOST FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME, Faye Dunaway, Mickey Rourke, J.C. Quinn, Frank Stallone, Alice Krige.

Written by Charles Bukowski (GET HIS FUCKING BOOKS) it's an autobiography of the freewheeling adventures of a skid-row writer named Henry, and man of independent spirit who begins a tender yet turbulent romance with fellow drunk and barflr Wanda (Dunaway). Their rocky relationship is threatened when a literary editor has a private detective find Henry and buys one of his stories. This movie is a LOT better than it sounds. An added plus is the funkiest bar room organ music you ever heard--filmed on location in Los Angeles' skid row. It's a masterpiece--Rourke is a genius, and this is one of his best. I know two extremely intelligent trainhoppers besides myself that absolutely were knocked out by this movie.

The Sicilian (1988)

Terence Stamp, Christopher Lambert. A powerful portrayal of Sa Watore Guilliano, who was determined that Sicily should gain independence at the end of WWII. Sten gun resistance at it's finest. You gotta love the Sicilians--NOBODY carries out revenge like the Sicilians. Bar none.

Archived