Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
whatajerk

Remember Katch?

i remeber being out in la in like 95 rolling through the highways seeing his characters on the sound bariers.kids here barely even tag them.he was doing six color faces on street level highway shit.ill as fuck if you ask me,

That piece is fuckin amazing!!!! especially for 1991!!

It has great depth. He used the highlights and shadows perfectly. Especially on the living trees, and the trees in the backround with fog in front of them.

Good shit!

------------------

There comes a time in every mans education when he reaches the conviction that envy is ignorance: and Imitation is suicide.

[This message has been edited by Proph UAcrew (edited 09-08-2001).]

Originally posted by Proph UAcrew:

That piece is fuckin amazing!!!! especially for 1991!!

It has great depth. He used the highlights and shadows perfectly. Especially on the living trees, and the trees in the backround with fog in front of them.

Good shit!

------------------

im not who you think i am...

Guest circus freak

i have 2 katch fr8s in my collection. i kinda think of it as a michal jordan rooky card; very nice find!!!

------------------

walls are good but metal rolls

post more katch if you got it, i have two wholecars in my "collection" but no scanner. i happen to be wearing a natural koncept shirt when i opened this thread. amazing

....katch is tight....i know in artcrimes.com if you go to trains they have some of his trains w/those alligator look...but you probaly already know that........

Guest Pilau Hands

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3251/katchaction.jpg'>

his stuff owns this section of the wall, the man himself adding some in the corner

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3251/tanks.jpg'>

straight huuuuuuuge. african americans are aware. i'm about the size of that palm tree he painted.

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3251/scenery.jpg'>

everyone has probably seen this, but trust me, every picture you will ever see won't do it justice. it's huge and the amount of detail is almost scary.

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3251/close.jpg'>

that is one of those tiny lights you see in the houses. Examples of detail...license plate on the car, palm trees, thatched roofs, tiny tags inside the telephone booth, and the premise is just dope. for those who can't see, the day scene is nightime within the letters.

i haven't always been a fan of his letterform, but seeing that shit in person makes you almost forget.

[This message has been edited by Pilau Hands (edited 09-09-2001).]

i was staren at my katch flick the other day... he has inspired me greatly even before i got hard into graff. Definatly one of my favorite artist of all time.

*my first moment with katch was in 96 walken through my train yard, an i came across maybe two hoppers with multi colored streaks representen him, his girl, and hawaii.

Guest tackleberry

hoo brudda katch..

pretty sick for 91'

I've always been into Katch's work.

Does anyone have a copy of his 3D-magazine style piece? Member those 3D books where you had to wear the plastic glasses and then you get a weak looking 3D image? They came in cereal boxes and stuff?

Katch did a piece like that... Post if you have it... Thanks.

Guest Pilau Hands

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3251/3Dkatch.bmp'>

here Biz. unfortunately by the time i got to it, some toy ragged the lower left. dope concept, i wonder if anyone else has tried this...but uh smaller. this thing, like all the others, is large. didnt have any 3D glasses with me either.

Katch is a cool kid. I have an interview with hm that needs to be transcribed once I get off my ass I'll post it with all the other photos that he gave me.

I'm glad people are digging my post.

peace

WhataJerk

Thanks, but actually, that's not the one I was talking about. The one I was talking about was probably a bit better. I think I might have it in a magazine. ... If I find it I'll scan and post it.

big influence...i dunno why his letter forms seem to be an issue for a lot of people, i think they are some of the swingenest around...those tanks ooooh lordy.

Guest imported_Europe

Katch is sooo good, I love getting packages from his island, there is always some cool Katch stuff in them... Definetely slept on bigtime.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this