Toronto-> like just above the US

Chicken George

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its dope stuff..some of it....the only one that i can see resembling my stuff is the last one...and like i said i've never seen any of this before...

but thanks for postin...i'll be sure to jock it when i'm done with kema and bob.

nice try tho...i think i proved that i was ignorant to these guys a few threads ago.

Guest Pilau Hands

alot of that hope stuff is fucking fresh.

the third one down (clock) and seventh (trailer) are my favorites. awesome flow and form. some of the Hope's seem like they merge some euro stuff with early 90's old school new england stuff. really interesting style. that third j.joe does remind me of chip. awesome stuff also. vibrant fucking colors.

thanks for taking the time to post more inspiring work.

and similarites? a few...biting? eh...

Originally posted by drake mallard:

its dope stuff..some of it....the only one that i can see resembling my stuff is the last one...and like i said i've never seen any of this before...

but thanks for postin...i'll be sure to jock it when i'm done with kema and bob.

nice try tho...i think i proved that i was ignorant to these guys a few threads ago.

if you're looking at the entire composition... maybe you don't see it.. break them down a little though and you see a little bit more.

don't throw me in with whats his face either, because i made no mention of kema and bob.

and you can stop with the arrogant, condescending attitude now.

Originally posted by Pilau Hands:

alot of that hope stuff is fucking fresh.

the third one down (clock) and seventh (trailer) are my favorites. awesome flow and form. some of the Hope's seem like they merge some euro stuff with early 90's old school new england stuff. really interesting style.

hope has been around since the late 80's so i wouldn't doubt it. some of the flicks are from early to mid 90's, and back then we were exposed to a little more euro stuff than u.s stuff.

as far as similarities go, yes there are a few, maybe more than a few... straight biting.. you can never tell. the hope stuff has been online since '99, some of it has been in a few mags... he's walked right by some of that shit, and been no more than 8 feet from it. But yet continues to deny everything.

I have no problem with influence, influence is good, but to continually deny ever knowing or ever seeing "someones" work, when yours looks 'very similar' and you were upclose and personal with one or more pieces a couple months ago... fishy.

Guest --zeSto--

hope...

I just love his older stuff,

even the not-so-old

like the 'jitters' piece at the keele wall

before it was all one big production.

I wish he was still active.

Originally posted by --zeSto--:

hope...

I wish he was still active.

that he is mr. zesto..

9th down is from about 3 weeks ago. and just because you haven't seen his work, doesn't mean he's not been active... freights on the weekly regular for the last couple years..

that jitters piece was ill wasn't it.. same with the 'empty'.. remember that one?

that u know where in toronto i was...scares me. but...i would have loved to see that stuff up close, so...i dont see why i'd deny seeing it...

i really do think we've taken up way too much space on the board with this shit...

thank you for posting quality work...

anyone wanna call me a biter...u can hit my email. and then i wont write back...it'll be good times...

for those who do like or care for what i'm doing..i thank you.

ocean

...anyone wanna call me a biter...u can hit my email. for those who do like or care for what i'm doing..i thank you.

ocean

i like what you're doing! you're definitely not biting hope..very different styles.

------------------

elite salt.

that u know where in toronto i was...scares me. but...i would have loved to see that stuff up close, so...i dont see why i'd deny seeing it...

i really do think we've taken up way too much space on the board with this shit...

thank you for posting quality work...

anyone wanna call me a biter...u can hit my email. and then i wont write back...it'll be good times...

for those who do like or care for what i'm doing..i thank you.

ocean

i've never said i didn't like it, but now that you've found out that your flow isn't quite as original as you once thought, its time for you to step up to bat. take it to the next level, thats what its about. show and prove. this style has been rocked for 5 or 6 years now, and what i've posted is just the tip of it. and when an artist like hope turns a corner and gets confused for a minute because he can't remember ever rocking that spot, you know something needs to change.

hope is the foundation for your style, so its time to elevate.

thats it.

• 1 month later...

Archived