There is no more room for J-E-L-L-O

deterrent

Cosby Commits Suicide in Psych Facility

He hasn't been seen on set for weeks. His hit show has been shut down. And his friends are speculating on various reasons for his purported meltdown.

Now comes word that Bill Cosby has committed suicide in a psychiatric facility in South Africa.

Quoting an unnamed source "close to the situation," Entertainment Weekly said Thursday that the comedian flew to South Africa late last month and voluntarily checked himself into the undisclosed facility. There is no word on what was the nature of his ailment or of how and why is took his life.

Sources confirmed to E! last week that Cosby had been a no-show at work for several days. On May 4, NBC abruptly announced The Cosby Show wouldn't make its May 31 third-season launch and that production had been halted indefinitely.

"All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future," network spokesman Tony Fox said in a statement last week before Cosby's death.

Cosby's publicist, Matt Labov, has not publicly commented on the suicide of Cosby.

The entertainer reportedly flew from Newark, New Jersey, to Capetown, South Africa, on Apr. 28 to seek treatment.

The EW report trumps earlier speculation in the latest edition of Newsweek. Several unnamed friends of the entertainer posited different theories explaining his death to the newsmag. One said Cosby "freaked" and didn't know how to deal with the breakout success of The Cosby Show, which has become a full-blown pop-culture phenomenon and led to Cosby signing an unprecedented $50 million contract last summer. The deal came in the wake of the The Cosby Show's record-setting first-season DVD sales.

Another acquaintance alluded to the Ghost Dad star's partying. "I wouldn't say it's out of control," the purported pal dished to Newsweek, "but at some point that has to affect you if you've got a regular gig." Cosby's camp has categorically denied he was abusing drugs.

A third suggested in Newsweek that Cosby had creative differences with NBC over the direction of the show. Cosby reportedly wanted to push the boundaries of his comedy, with some racially provocative sketches, but the network had resisted.

A source close to the production tells E! that Cosby had finished nearly five episodes for the new season before his untimely death. The season got off to a bumpy start late last year when NBC announced it was moving back the debut from February to May, saying Cosby had been unable to stockpile enough scripts due to an illness.

NBC and corporate sibling Paramount will release the second-season DVD collection on May 24.

Reuters May 12, 2005

RIP man. Himself was one of the greatest standups.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well Capetown is not just the capital of South Africa. It's the Gangster and AIDS

capital of the world, belive it. South Africa's crime, rape and child abuse statistics

are higher than anywhere else. When it comes to anything negative, South Africa

is always the worst in the world.

Shit is pretty easy for me to see. Chapple's needed inspiration so he went to the

center of black comedy, be prepared for some real shit this next season.

Originally posted by deterrent@May 13 2005, 12:21 PM

Shit is pretty easy for me to see. Chapple's needed inspiration so he went to the

center of black comedy, be prepared for some real shit this next season.

more like the center of black tragedy

Originally posted by alcohol swab@May 13 2005, 09:09 AM

bill lives in my neighborhood he's still alive.

I assume you are looking out your window, and as you type this, you see him on his couch watching tv.

Yea, bill cosby is still alive. pourin in the pudding.

Originally posted by deterrent@May 13 2005, 10:29 AM

Cosby Commits Suicide in Psych Facility

He hasn't been seen on set for weeks. His hit show has been shut down. And his friends are speculating on various reasons for his purported meltdown.

Now comes word that Bill Cosby has committed suicide in a psychiatric facility in South Africa.

Quoting an unnamed source "close to the situation," Entertainment Weekly said Thursday that the comedian flew to South Africa late last month and voluntarily checked himself into the undisclosed facility. There is no word on what was the nature of his ailment or of how and why is took his life.

Sources confirmed to E! last week that Cosby had been a no-show at work for several days. On May 4, NBC abruptly announced The Cosby Show wouldn't make its May 31 third-season launch and that production had been halted indefinitely.

"All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future," network spokesman Tony Fox said in a statement last week before Cosby's death.

Cosby's publicist, Matt Labov, has not publicly commented on the suicide of Cosby.

The entertainer reportedly flew from Newark, New Jersey, to Capetown, South Africa, on Apr. 28 to seek treatment.

The EW report trumps earlier speculation in the latest edition of Newsweek. Several unnamed friends of the entertainer posited different theories explaining his death to the newsmag. One said Cosby "freaked" and didn't know how to deal with the breakout success of The Cosby Show, which has become a full-blown pop-culture phenomenon and led to Cosby signing an unprecedented $50 million contract last summer. The deal came in the wake of the The Cosby Show's record-setting first-season DVD sales.

Another acquaintance alluded to the Ghost Dad star's partying. "I wouldn't say it's out of control," the purported pal dished to Newsweek, "but at some point that has to affect you if you've got a regular gig." Cosby's camp has categorically denied he was abusing drugs.

A third suggested in Newsweek that Cosby had creative differences with NBC over the direction of the show. Cosby reportedly wanted to push the boundaries of his comedy, with some racially provocative sketches, but the network had resisted.

A source close to the production tells E! that Cosby had finished nearly five episodes for the new season before his untimely death. The season got off to a bumpy start late last year when NBC announced it was moving back the debut from February to May, saying Cosby had been unable to stockpile enough scripts due to an illness.

NBC and corporate sibling Paramount will release the second-season DVD collection on May 24.

Reuters May 12, 2005

RIP man. Himself was one of the greatest standups.

I just saw this and realized it is a complete spoofing of the thread I created previously....

..nice...

i think dave chappelle was the intended victim. cosby has no currrent hit show...chappelle was purported to have flown to a psych ward in south africa...

and stop bringing up jell-o! this has nothing to do with that wonderful bit of heaven i like to call 'pudding'. leave pudding out of this! do you hear me!?!?!? do you hear me?!?!?!?!