the future is now..

SilentBob

so here I am 1:30 am.. and I've realised theres a good chance I'll end up totally unhappy with the direction I'm taking. I'm doing a bachelore of arts majoring in english/philsophy and I'm thinking about combining it with a fine arts degree. I mean, I've sort of lived in suspended belief that I might be able to live off this type of thing. But the truth is there are so many people thinking the same thing as I am, there is a good chance it won't happen for me. Plenty of people live totally unfair, unhappy lives. And I want to believe there is something that seperates me from the masses, but my rationality tells me theres a good chance there isn't anything.

Still I sort of feel like I should at the very least make an attempt to do precisely what would make me happy.

the only thing that cuts me up is the sacrifice my parents have made for me. My father works really hard to give me the things I have. As he dropped me off to the pub tonight I asked him where abouts in the world he had travelled . The answer was very short. He's done fuck all with his life in the hopes that I will do something. And it cuts me up that I'm leaning towards the things that will most likely will leave him disapointed ...

so discuss I guess ..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What was that budweiser commercial or whatever on the radio? "Here's to you english major, you are fully qualified to work at this hip coffee shop..." Something like that. It was funny as hell.

Hey you could be an inner city school teacher. We need more teachers.

Originally posted by villain

Who doesn't love their school art teacher? I've never met anyone who didn't.

Never really thought about it but its kind of true..

There is obviously a simple solution to this problem...

Do something that makes everyone happy and merry while in your heart you hate it more than anything.. Quit thinking about yourself ..jjeeez..