Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Subpoenas

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by E-DubleSkilZ, Oct 18, 2005.

1. E-DubleSkilZ

E-DubleSkilZ New Jack

Ok Recently i got a subpoena. It was left in my doorway. From what I have read if you are not properly served - you dont have to go. Properly means the server has to give the subpoena to an Adult in your household. If not, they have no proof you actually received the subpoena. Next this isnt my case, im a witness, and i dont want to go.

Anyone have any experiences or info to share? I really hope I dont get a warrant or anything like that.

2. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

i think that they in fact do need to personally give it to you.

wait it out and see what happens.

*FIRST!

3. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah I wouldn't be too worried, if they just left it on the doorstep it could've blown away in the wind for all you know.

4. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

yeh, for all you know, someone mightve taken it and you never got it. sounds pretty lame. but hey, ur just a witness, how bad could that be. Id go, court is interesting

5. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

Go and make up some bullshit story to get everybody involved in the case put in prison. That'll teach the fuckers to subpoena you.

6. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

throw it in a gutter somewhere, if it was left on your doorstep it never reached your possession.

7. H. Lecter

H. Lecter Senior Member

I believe that you are legally obliged to appear if you've been given a subpoena...

It's not like the lawyer called you and asked if you could speak..

You can be arrested and held in contempt if you don't reply..

If you have nothing to say, just plead the 5th..

What I would do is call the defence lawyer and see what they've to say before anything else...

8. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

9. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Don't be a snitch!!!

10. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

this is waht i was thinking as well, altho i wasnt 100% certain that it could happen. but yeah, u gotta go to court if ur summoned to do so.

11. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

LOL! They're subpoenaing "Tony Suprano"! :haha:
    They want you to snitch on the mob! Don't do it! :haha:

12. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

I had a cop show up at my door at 8pm the night before i was to appear in court. I had no I dea I was being charged with a crime until then.. WHY WAS I AT HOME COOKING PASTA??? :mad2:

13. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Also if you go, you can't "plead the 5th", they'll lock you up for contempt of court indefinately until you fold.
    Then if you fold you're a snitch!

14. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

im pretty sure something like that would be an infringment on your Charter Rights....how the hell do they charge you, get a case against you, are ready to proceed, and you have no idea that all this is going on, and ytou have to legally defend yourself?

oh wait your in the states eh

15. H. Lecter

H. Lecter Senior Member

Don't believe the hype~

US citizens still have some of the most covetable rights in the world..