Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Starbucks

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ginger Bread Man, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Maybe i am biased because i manage a Starbucks but, who drinks coffee and moreso who visits a Starbucks. Here in my city there is one in every corner<no joke>. To those that would prefer Seattle's Best i have some sad news, WE OWN THEM. HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH. Starbucks is taking over the world. No but really. What are your views as to Starbucks and the operations they run? Frankly i do not even drink Coffee or anything we sell. What do you drink?

2. metallix

metallix Elite Member

too expensive for me. working there is always good when its hard to get a job elsewhere.

3. space base

space base Senior Member

Nah, I don't like coffee.

4. one your get into management Starbucks has GREAT pay. As a barista you have great options and benefits. You get 401k stock options, paid vacations, freee drinks and blah blah blah....

5. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

I actually know a girl who went to a highschool in California sponsored by Starbucks.

Capuccino Mustangs.

6. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

i like starbucks. it's a little overpriced, but i can manage..

7. Isn’t it there policy to saturate a market to the point that there own stores start to loose money, that way they know they have totally coverage….gayness….

8. sneak

sneak Guest

i dont drink coffe. plus to me, starbucks seems gay. dont know hwy, it just does.

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

BOOOOOOOO !

Starbucks burns their beans.
    They do to coffee what McDonalds does to burgers;
    bring down the quality and set a low standard but
    they sell so much that so many people think it's the norm.

For an indy coffee house to survive, like am indy burger joint,
    you have to be better than Starbucks (which isn't hard to do).

And the very fact that they bought Seattle's Best has pushed
    a huge number of comsumers and wholesalers to go with smaller
    independent roasters. Funny that their takeover has actually helped the little guys.

10. JimmieWalker

JimmieWalker Senior Member

Well I must say the I prefer Seattles best over starbucks. The coffee from Starbucks seems to be bitter. However the girls of starbucks are better.

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

who gives a fuck if they burn their beans?

id rather work at starbucks and recieve benefits than work at 'al's java mug' and get 6.00 an hour while 'keeping it real'.
    real broke that is.

seeks/some things should die, thats just unconcious knowledge...

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

who gives a fuck if they burn their beans?

The fucking consumers give a shit.

We've been over the benefits of working for them,
    I'm just stating that their product isn't as good as what you'll find at 'Al's Java Mug'.

I'm not considering a career in coffee serving so the ONLY thing
    that matters to me is the quality of the product I purchase.

13. word kilo....

Beyond all that, starbucks SUCK...in this country, where everyone still smokes and we're not struck with mass hysteria syndroms...coffee=cigarettes...just like alcohol=cigarettes...i'm sure you all realise that equation even if you dont want to...so, starbucks opens a dozen of shops, bans smoking in them...and what do you get?

a dozen empty coffee shops...great job at globalising

To further extend zestos thought....consumers give a shit

14. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

coffee sucks

fucks up your liver
    fucks up your heart
    tastes like shit
    way too expensive

(but beans smell good)

..tea is where its at..
    antioxidants, and conveniently, no liver damage..plus it tastes amazingly good

(but fuck buying ANYTHING from starbucks)

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

some random passages I found in a Google search

"Unfortunately, Starbucks seems to relish in taking really exotic beans and then burning them beyond all recognition. It all tastes the same! I wouldn't mind if it tasted good, but it's freakin' burnt!"

Quality control, a consistent source of beans, and a "less toasty'' (OK, burnt) flavor than Starbucks were the factors that convinced Larry Halkinrude to add half-pound bags of Hood River Coffee beans to the shelves of Elephant Delicatessan in Northwest Portland.

I’ll tolerate it, especially since the decaf version is the only decaf Starbucks that you can buy at Wegmans or Target, those great coffee distributors. It’s got an old, or maybe burnt overtone. The coffee flavor struggles to get through. I pity the flavor, especially since it’s so small.

Starbucks is suing an independent roaster for naming their really dark bean "Charbucks" (yeah, I know the story is old, but I have something to say here). Because, you know, Starbucks doesn't want people who've thus far not become aware of it, to notice how severely burnt their beans are. But it isn't as if a little roaster can really bring down a company with a chain in every frigging strip mall in the US of A.

In addition to their "slightly burnt roast", StarBucks coffee is way more acidic than it needs to be. I don't know about the comparisons of StarBucks' coffee to European coffee - in Portugal, you can't even get drip-brewed coffee a la StarBucks. When you ask for coffee there, you get espresso (and RightlySo?). My other StarBucks peeve is that every time I order espresso to go, they serve it in two stacked 16 ounce paper cups. It looks like a pigeon crapped in a bucket to see this lonely blob of coffee sitting in this huge cup and you lose half of it from having it slosh up the sides.