Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Spotting undercover cops

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by trackstand, Jul 7, 2004.

1. snowkid

snowkid Member

whether or not there is any worthwhile information here it was a pretty entertaining read.

2. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

Must be.

3. crac

crac New Jack

man i come to viset this site and im blown away im used to bombing science and all these whack fucking threds fuck.....i think im gonna stay here

4. ChiNo-27

ChiNo-27 New Jack

Haha, theres this one cop by this liqour store and since our school is an open campus (means you can go any where for lunch, but be back before the bell) so shit is always goin down there. And this cop acts all retarded shouting out racial slurs and what not to make himself more believeable, but one day my home girl was walkin and saw him get out of his wheel chair and put it in the back of his truck and drive away. She said it was hella funny cause this guy lookin like he hasnt used his legs for a few years just gets up :lol:

5. goonstock

goonstock Member

i saw undercovers doing a sting one day. it was wierd. the one i saw was wearing a hat to conceal his ear piece, used to communicate to his fellow officers. he was also on a bike. i thought he was gonna bust my downstairs neighbors. so... look for that ear piece. that a tell tale sign.

6. ChiNo-27

ChiNo-27 New Jack

Yeah and if they start talkin to their "watch"

7. make_noise

make_noise New Jack

do undercovers ever try to get to know there suspects?

8. avils

avils Senior Member

just delete this thread already.

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

look, we agree on something!

did you actually bother to write that 74 page dissertation on the fucking obvious?! was it your freshman thesis? was that your attempt to climb into the annals of graff hsitory or something? jesus christ dude.
    seriously, if you have time to get a good enough look at someone that you can verify what kind of jewelry they're wearing, then why the fuck are you trying to paint that spot in the first place? i dont know about any of the rest of you, but i very rarely just stand around with a bag of paint, while there are several people near me, trying to pick out which one is a cop. as far as i'm concerned, they're ALL cops. better safe than sorry. even one person is too many, cause he might not be a cop, but he's got a cell phone and if he calls and reports some kids walking around vandalizing, you're not gonna need your 'how to spot an undercover' guide when they pull up in squad cars with the fucking lights flashing.

i dont know about chicago, but in ny undercovers roll around in taxi's and in reposessed drug dealer cars. i know of a very famous writer who was nabbed up by undercovers in a lexus suv. i guess dude should have paid closer attention to their shoes, right?
    lastly, a whole lot more worthwhile topic would be 'how to not get spotted as a writer', which is a class i know you would fail.

i can't control how they're going about their business, but i have complete control over how i go about mine., nah'mean?!

10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

11. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

you should make that thread...seriously.

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ok, you actually need a thread on how not to look like a writer?
    take a look at every writer you know... now don't dress anything like them. wear clothes that fit. not two sizes too large, not two sizes too small.
    when was the last time you saw a frat boy and thought 'that dudes gotta be a writer?' when was the last time you saw a bike messenger/art school, or hip hop looking white kid and thought that?

see how easy that was?

13. STRYDER

STRYDER Junior Member

ditto. u can never be too careful, and try and be dead onto-it.

14. STRYDER

STRYDER Junior Member

ditto again. i take that approach, its unsuspecting to some people. most people suspect writers to be a scruffy unshaven bunch, which is largely correct. but how many would suspect a guy who was cleanly dressed in a more fitted outfit? not many id say.

i myself suspect everyone. its safer. but not everyone is as careful.....

15. ¤¤FoRGE²¤¤

¤¤FoRGE²¤¤ Member

recently i heard of a very fucked up story including a good friend .. my friend was about to paint a rooftop downtown he has bee dying to paint .. when he got on the roof a uc cop saw him and went up there (wearin a backwards cubs hat to the right) and asked what he wrote what crews hes in who he knows and how long hes been writing...trying to play off as a writer himself....the nark asked my friend if he could do a piece and throw his name up in it...the cop pulled a camera out and said he would get flicks..once my friend started painting the cop said 'hey ima take a few action flicks' and he got about 10 flicks of my boy painting....10 minutes later he was like hey can i see that can...and after he got my friends trust he said your under arrest and cuffed him..