Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

QUICKSAND appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Feb 17, 2005.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i wish i was like iquit and could tell an awesome story about fucking some girl in the butt then forgetting about it, or punching someone and starting the most formitable e-gang that the interwebs have ever seen, but i'm just not that whitty...not anymore anyway. when i used to drink alot i think i could be pretty entertaining, now a days though, i've given up the entertainment industry for the 'appreciation of quicksand' industry. the pay sucks, but the music is fucking awesome.

if you somehow don't know...which is unfortunately possible since many of you are pretty young, you need to learn. one of the best indy/punk/rock/hardcore bands ever. go download them.

that's all.

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

there's better shit than quicksand.

[​IMG]

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

welllllllll, thanks for your input.

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

sorry but I dont listen to indy/punk/rock/hardcore so I dont have much to say.

now if we were talking about the 15 unreleased Ritchie Hawtin tracks I snagged yesterday.......

5. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser Junior Member

seeking never gets any love from his music threads.

If I ever come across any of it, I'll give it a listen.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

thats because fools just love to hate. if someone elses posts a thread with my name in it, it hit's page 2 in 8 minutes, i make a thread about one of the best bands of all times and i get simpson gifs. :(

what's the rich stuff sound like? good?

7. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

dude, quicksand is the typical post-hardcore craaaap.

You were dead on with Pelican, other than that man... ooof you've been off.

8. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

that wasnt just any simpsons gif.... that was the infamous 'football in groin'

and the new hawtin stuff is interesting.
    The Hawtin tracks are minimal techno with insanely syncopated ticks.
    It's was better than his last effort (the one with him singing) and
    it sounds like the raw elements he used for DE9.

I'm loading it into traktor and mixxing like a pro tonight!

9. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

to be honest, I've never really listened to Quicksand. But from knowing their reputation, this doesn't seem to accurate. They seem to have been a really influential band...and certainly not post-hardcore. but, I don't really know my shit. So, whatev...

10. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

11. low spark

low spark New Jack

seeks - in the rest of the world's defense, your taste in music is generally balls. yeah, occasionally you stumble upon good shit (trail of dead, pelican, bear vs. shark) but it's hard to take advice from someone that spouts the glory of lil wayne, natalie imbruglia, t.i., evergreen terrace, and the nuge.

respect on the quicksand appreciation, though.

12. beardo

beardo Guest

your favorite band sucks

13. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

please believe I havent even heard her 'music' and I'm a big fan.

14. low spark

low spark New Jack

but lil wayne? rush?

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

hey now, i've never once said that natalie imbruglia or TI were good. the TI song is funny cause he says 'wild as the taliban', outside of that, i have no interest in him.
    lil wayne, you can't speak on because you've never given him a proper listen. i maintain that dude is nice.

i know i listen to a lot of shit that people dont particularly care for, but fuck them, they can't tell me what to like, they're not my mother. i'm punk rock, i can listen to anything i want! plus, i like enough music that is unarguably good to prove (atleast in my own mind) that the 'shitty' bands i do like have some redeamable qualities that most people don't bother to seek out. also, i rarely try to pass off a marginally talented band (kittie for instance) as being good, i just say i like them. wayne again is the exception, and wayne spits fire like an angry dragon, so you're probably just denying him cause you don't wanna get burnt.

besides, before you go trying to clown me, let's not forget who agreed that the new fabolus song was dope. if you can find something interesting in that, you have to concede that there is a chance that other 'shitty' music could be equally catchy.

as for pelican and bear vs shark, who you should quit fronting on and go see with me tonight, you put me on, so thanks for patting yourself on the back.
    ;)

gliks,
    as cipher pointed out, quicksand is one of the bands that influenced a decade of music. they are anything but 'post hardcore craaaaap'. the fact that a guy named 'zblazzzed' agrees with you only further weakens your case.