question for image nerds

podrido

i have this problem, its not really that big of a deal but id like to know hwy. everytime i save a picture from the net it saves as a bmp. even if its a gif or a jpeg. i was wondering why this is happening and if there is some way i can get it to go back to how it was. any help is appreciated

fags:lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well u know on the screen where it shows u which folder it's saving it in?

well there are 2 lil thingy's at the bottom

1. shows the name of the file

2. shows what type of file it is...

well there is a down arrow beside it click on that and choose the type of file u wunt it...

if this fails open it in MS Paint then do the same but save it as a JPEG or whatever;)

Originally posted by podrido

its not about the jpeg its more for the animated gifsss, i right click and save as even if i put gif it still just saves one image and not the whole animation.

Well you obviously don't have the software to view it as an animation. You are only viewing a frame of the gif itself.

Gnaw mean?

• 2 months later...

bump.

i am also having a problem similar to podrido's.

when i want to save an image, it can only be saved as a bitmap file. even if i add .jpg as an extention, the file would still be big.

any way i can fix this? i really don't want to constantly convert pictures in photoshop.

Archived