OLD SCHOOL V.S. NEW SCHOOL (WERE TALKING LEGOS AND OTHER TOYS PEOPLE)!

Some1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

You guys definitely haven't played with the new Lego Mindstorms set. I was all about old school Legos and Technics sets, but when I found out I can build a Lego robot that learns how to navigate through my room, all that old shit went out the window. Right now I'm working on a robot that makes its own art. It's out of control, seriously.

On the other hand, remember the Inhumanoids? They bombed as a toy line, but they made some fucking cool big-ass monsters. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest imported_Tesseract

I used to play with Legos, playmobils, mastermind and those trippy 8o's toys.

I was thinking about that the other day, toys in the 80's where kinda physcedelic, mind tripping. Maybe because the people who made them where consuming large ammounts of LSD when younger, during the 60's and the 70's.

Plus the fact that violence didnt exist that much, it was all about Logic combined with some drug related glowing moment of imagination.

I am pretty much anti-hippie and i concider video games fun,

but i gotta say that oldschool toys where really well put as a concept,

educationally and fun.

in general, older toys were so much bette.r they were much more interesting. now you dont even see kids running around playing army. they're doing dork shit like pokemon. WE'RE RAISING A NATION OF FRUITCAKES PEOPLE!

it's annoying how kids get all nostalgic over stupid shit like ninja turtles and transformers. they buy shirts and try to get into it again.. sad....

My kid isnt gonna grow up like that i am gonna raise my kid on the toys from the old days. The really sharp ones that were violent i am gonna givem toy guns and shit itll be great. Today its hard to find a good toy uzi or shotgun it sucks.

Look at you guys. Old farts, nothing but old farts. "Back in the day, toys we're actually good, none of the crap they're putting out today, bla bla bla...". The same shit all fathers and grandpas say to their kids.

The fact is, today's toys are way, WAY cooler than in the 80's, but since you're not a kid anymore, you can't really enjoy them... all you have are memories of how much you enjoyed YOUR toys when you were a kid, and therefore those seem better than the new ones. If Transformers, MASK, and all your supposed "better" toys were to come out this year instead of during your childhood, you'd be blabbing about how wack they are.

Did you ever watch Mighty Morphin Power Rangers when they came out and think "Dude, that's the wackest shit I've ever seen, I can't believe kids like it."? You did, right? Well think about how much you thought (and still think) how Ultraman and Godzilla were the shit. It's EXACTLY the same japanese-rubber-monsters-demolishing-cities concept, but since your first experience of the Power Rangers came during your late teens, they seem much, MUCH wacker. I remember when I was a kid, mesmerized by Ultraman kicking some giant plastic reptile ass, and my dad came up and said, "Stupid rubber monsters are stupid, they should stick to good animation like Astroboy". I was like "FUCK NO. Astroboy's gay". But now I understand him. Beer,

El Mamerro

the older toys were cooler because they blew up more and shot stuff that could choke your younger siblings and had sharp edges and points... can kids even buy cap guns outside of West Viginia anymore? I'm sure they're all orange or some shit... no matter, I used to paint all my toy guns silver and then cover that with a coat of flat black for added realism...still...

I'm thinking of coming out with a 'Your Graff Heros' set of Shrinky-Dinks...

i just think that way because i remember how much fun it was to play guns with friends. you dont need some teched out harry potter dork shit. me and my friends used to run around the neighborhood and woods with realistic looking guns. stuff like ak-47s and uzis. those were the good old days. now the only gun stuff out is space commando crap.

remember those playsets that would come with a helmet and an m16 and grenades? they make ones with like a fake knife, tiny grenade, and a bright orange super mini uzi...

EXACTLY. You think that way because that's how you were raised up. Kids today have all the space commando shit, and look upon old and realistic toy guns (the ones we liked) as pieces of shit, cause they didn't make sounds or shoot glowing rockets or achieve warp level 6 or whatever. Different generations have different tastes, which makes choosing a best toy era a purely subjective matter. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest willy.wonka

i had a perfect list but i got booted so here

star wars !!!

the full-on hard plastic swords that had the sound effects and hurt you

also the guns!!

all those little characters that are worth some cash...these days

the battle ships and the ewok tree house

i was always lovin those "play guns" that looked real.....

muscle men

army ants

i think it was called "battle beasts" they had a hologram that would change to fire,water or wood....

well katchyah later

Archived