notice to appear...

atrocks

ok...about amonth ago or so i got a fix it ticket for my headlight being out....its been fixed but my lazy procrastinating ass never bothered to go to court to show this.....untill this morning before i went to get my food....i opened a letter from them saying that because of my failure to appear...i now have a bail set at $600....im freaking out..i dont have this kind of money....so i call the police station to ask whats the deal...cus the cop that gave me the damn ticket said i could just go to any police station and they would write it off once i fixed it....so....the guy says all i gotta do is come in..show em the light s fixed pay $15 and then take it to the court.....but as i also failed to mention to the guy over the phone is that im about a month late for my original court date.....im fuckin stressin now....

has this ever happened to anyone....tell me im not in that much trouble...law and money wise.....im fucked huh...yeah ...shiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mr.pescado

man u guys are alot of help.....

If i were you i would wait this one out. I dont know where you live where people actually get tickets to fix things with their car but it deffinately sounds like a bunch of shit. Play it by ear and see what happens. Go on with your life like you normally would. Infact pretend like you never got the ticket in the first place.

I've done this once before and a ticket i got that was originally $350 then jacked up to $465 then up to $500 came back to me about two months later and it was only $50. I liked that number much better and paid it. As if my luck wasn't good enough already, I got a check from the DMV for $20. It appears that I paid them too much.

So, I hope that my story leads you on your way to financial freedom.

exact situation here, i got a 100 dollar fine and had to mail in a sheet saying i went to classes by the end of the 90 days, never did either, and ive had my name written down by cops twice since then for warnings for various things, i really dont think they run it until you go to court again, if i dont go to court until after im 18, then im fine and my record is cleared.

damn, Tease is smarter than all yall

A 'Notice to Appear' is a 'Summons'... it means "Come to Court on such and such date." If you weren't so fucking lazy and insolent that you just ignored the fact that all you had to do to avoid this was drive by the cop shop anytime during the last 2 weeks and have this all disappear, then you might deserve to pay the whole fine. Which probably isn't any more than $55 and certainly isn't "... $600 bail...

You don't get "bail" until you are incarcerated... Also, the usual method is to use a bondsman and they usually take 10%, or $60 to bail you out...

I'm gonna stop tlaking because you would know all this if you had read the ticket OR the letter correctly so I suppose you're not reading or not understanding this...

sorry about your luck.

Archived