Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

More Money, Less Show

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ounceaddict, Feb 21, 2004.

1. ounceaddict

ounceaddict Banned

Ive often heard that the less someone has something, the more that person talks about having it. It doesnt hold true though, in allot of cases. I for one know a man who is married and has a girlfriend on the side, I know he fucks them both allot. Contrary to the saying, he brags allot about his sex life. I know I would. Anyway, I myself am a runner (if you dont know dont ask), and make allot of money doing it. I brag about my money. I floss.
    However, with the exception of drug dealers, it seems like the more money someone has, the less likely that person is going to show it. For example, I know a very weathy man who lives an average life with a normal car and normal house, but, this person also has a mansion in the Mediteranean and a Benz (cause theyre cheap there anyway) in the mansions garage. Its only a vacation house and a place for him to retire. He buys anything he wants, but he doesnt floss. He could have a lincoln town car, or BMW over here in the states, but instead he buys a Grand Prix in 1999 and still has it. I only use the cars as examples, but they represent everything that his status really isnt. or is it?

can a moderator email me at coolcocacolakid@yahoo.com by the way, I need to ask something before its too late. thanks.

2. villain

villain Veteran Member

Flossing actually makes you a target. Perhaps there is a conspiracy by The Man and through "jig-hop" has convinced black drug dealers to floss in order to compromise their identity and therefore their security?

You really make that much money running? I thought you had to be an olympic athlete to actually make decent money running. I didn't even know they had cash prizes for the olympics in fact. I could probably smoke fools in the 100m dash.

3. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

or do u mean running like u buy beer for kids

hahaha.

4. villain

villain Veteran Member

drug-running?
    Maybe you should delete this post.

5. ounceaddict

ounceaddict Banned

I wrote
    "if you dont know, dont ask"

...mayeb I shouldve thrown in a "please" in there

back to haves and have-nots. does the more you have mean you brag less is it true in some cases and not others?

6. caL

caL Senior Member

7. ounceaddict

ounceaddict Banned

yo what the fuck?

^^^awwww hell naw.

8. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

i remember way back when i used to have a lot more money, people would always expect more. if we were splitting the bill they would always expect me to foot the larger half...or spray the hell out of my colognes on to themselves, always ask to borrow clothes when we would go out and return them months later......one thing i cant stand is cheap fucks.

which is why i think when people have money they dont brag about it at all, not to say i bragged at all but people knew of my almost $20 6 day a week job.

9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i don't know if any of you have ever been in the
    presence of real monied people before...it's fucked.
    i can't put my finger on it, but it is a really fucked feeling..
    for me there was this really odd disconcerting imbalance
    of awe and disgust. very weird.

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

do you mean like you see them drop loads of cash without blinking an eyelid and here you are trying to make ends meet?

that kinda feeling?

11. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

well yea, not really that specifically,
    but like the whole nine yards. the demeanor
    of the people, their ideology, the mansion they live in(it was
    actually their 'cottage'), the paint on the walls,
    the carpeting, the chairs, their fingernails and
    skin..everything.
    i don't know, it was a long time ago, i might
    have might have different feelings now
    that i'm older, but i highly doubt it.

12. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

I'm in that situation everyday, Browner. Now that you mention it, it is a really weird feeling. I want to call it arrogance, but it isn't.
    Most of these people are people in a position of power. Perhaps its that.

13. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

yea it's probably that too..
    i think it's a background type of thing,
    like your upbringing and values, mixed
    with your external view of you and your
    economic bracket..

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

Sounds like remnants of what Nietzche wrote in his book "The Geneology of Morality" that before the advent of Christianity as a poor mans religion there was basically a might makes right mentality very prevelant in those days. Basically that the rich and royal families were the good people and everything they did was right and the poor were dirty and evil people....
    Could still be in effect today on the low. Just look at micheal jackson.

15. ounceaddict

ounceaddict Banned

I think it doesnt really have to do with arrogance when you seem like your braging but your really not. You just want a dream house and car. But hten again, there are those that do have malicious intentions.