Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Man sets himself on fire.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ODS-1, Jun 18, 2004.

1. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

(This happened in my city today. Craziness.)Witnesses Shocked When Man Sets Himself Ablaze
    Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version
    Protestor Sets Himself On Fire In Front Of Courthouse
    Latest Headlines
    Al-Qaida Group Kills American Hostage, Chief Suspect Then Killed
    Thousands Apply For FEMA Assistance, Nearly $4 Million Distributed So Far
    Witnesses Shocked When Man Sets Himself Ablaze
    State Trooper, Wife Face Domestic Battery Charges
    Website Declares Innocence Of Man Charged With College Freshman's Murder
    Police Searching For Rapist Who Struck On Interstate
    Have a Camera Phone?
    Send us breaking news photos from your Camera Phone. Program your phone to use pix(at)wave3(dot)com as the email address. Digital camera photos, Click Here.

By Maureen Kyle

(LOUISVILLE, June 18th, 2004, 5:30 p.m.) -- A bizarre scene unfolded at Louisville's Hall of Justice Friday morning when a man set himself on fire. WAVE 3's Maureen Kyle was there.

In one hand the man carried a sign reading "WHO'S RESPONSIBLE" and also chanted "Whose Responsible Now" in a thick accent. In the other hand, he had a half-gallon container of gasoline and doused himself with it as he chanted.

A police officer on the scene was able to call for back-up. As more officers arrived, the man appeared to become more anxious. After walking around for about five minutes, he lit the back of his jacket, but then removed it almost immediately.

Sgt. Robert Calbert, of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, said he could smell gasoline when he went to check the situation after getting a call from dispatch. Calbert, who works at the courthouse, went back inside for a fire extinguisher and put the flames out within seconds.

Firefighters also responded and spent about 20 minutes cleaning up.

Maj. Henry Ott, a spokesman for the Louisville Fire Department, identified the man as 48-year-old Morteza Mehrpoubegan, an Iranian refugee. He was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition with minor burns.

People who watched the incident unfold were visibly shaken. "I had to ask for a hug," said Angela Burch. "I was so scared. When I seen him set himself on fire, I just dropped to my knees and prayed to Jesus."

Donna Nunn was just getting a newspaper when the commotion began. "We thought he was going to blow us up. Everybody was scared he was going to blow us up instead of himself."

FBI spokesman David Beyer said an initial investigation by the Joint Terrorism Task Force found that the man was not a terrorist.

"He has some personal issues unrelated to any terrorist matters," Beyer said.

So far, no charges have been filed against the man, who was listed in stable condition at University Hospital with second and third degree burns.
    Crazy. This may be my last post of wasting time on 12 oz. So, FAREWELL 12oz.

EDIT* He was protesting what he said to be refugees not getting what they need when they come to this country.

2. azert

azert Senior Member

........:eek:

3. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

^^^
    jeez, everyone is a suspected terrorist now-a-days.

4. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

Some people in this world make it a very sad place

5. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

d: no way
    b: im having a party all by myself
    b: me and paper
    d: l
    b: a paper party omg omg
    b: my lip doesnt hurt anymore!
    b: eee
    d: woooooooooo

6. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

People who watched the incident unfold were visibly shaken. "I had to ask for a hug," said Angela Burch. "I was so scared. When I seen him set himself on fire, I just dropped to my knees and prayed to Jesus."

oh man that woman is such a pussy and bible lover and god fearer its a total turn on.

7. destroya

destroya Senior Member

8. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

9. sarahyoulose

sarahyoulose Senior Member

speaking of that

my friends dad is a light skinned east indian.. hes super light skinned with blue eyes.. and when their family went to this museum in SF, they were standing in line.. and the museum said that they were going to cut the lines soon...
    so Mr. Sangha's cousin said, "well you guys better hurry this line up cus this guy here's a terrorist"
    and everyone in the museum just stopped, eyes wide, jaws open and just staaaaaaarrrrrrrrrreeedd at him

10. KYU

KYU Member

people are just dumb

11. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

nice quotes in that article

12. krie

krie Guest

13. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

hold a match to your ass.

14. Pilau Hands