kevin smith thread

Guest rules for mules

Guest rules for mules

so who is expecting the new movie to be so-so? i saw the trailer again today and didn't really like it. it's jay and silent bob, yes, but i feel it's going to be like dogma, chocked full of all-star cameos..

don't get me wrong, i like kevin smith's work. chasing amy is one of my top ten favorite movies of all time. clerks, too. the last comic books i bought were the daredevil issues that he wrote.

anybody?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

of all the kevin smith movies CHASING AMY is your favorite? my god man, that was by far the WORST. and dogma wasnt that bad, it had some really funny moments whereas chasing amy rose and then died about 30 minutes in and had the shittiest ending ever.

clerks was brilliant, mallrats was hilarious, i already said what i had to about chasing amy, dogma was good...and since jay and silent bob are probably one of the best parts of these movies im looking forward to the new one.

"bye baby kitties. damn silent bob, show some heart"

tap tap

"We figured an abortion clinic was a good place to meet loose women... why else would they be here unless they liked to fuck?"

"So do you do anal? I heard chicks fart if you blast em in the ass."

I'm actually thinking this last one is gonna be really good... I always liked all the characters in the View Askewniverse, especially Brodie, Jay, and Silent Bob, and they'll be reprising their roles...

Also, apparently, this movie was competeing with Harry Potter for the biggest ensemble cast. Will Ferrell is in this, Chris Rock, Tracy Morgan... all guys who are funny as hell.

I have faith in Kevin. It's a shame this is apparently the last movie in the series.

------------------

.4NIC8.

ahh you see now youve tapped into one of my fav. subjects i could sit here all night and talk about mr. smith

i personaly think im going to like j&sbsb

but in a diffrent way then they way i liked the rest of the movies. the rest of them were all connected together by jay and bob.

and the new one being just about jay and bob i feel its going to be harder to connect them.

i was hoping that this would be the continuation of the saga. but i dont think its going to be.

i.e. one of my fav. things about dogma is when they are riding the amtrak train and as chris rock enters the car jay and bob are in you can hear jay in the back ground say to matt damon "onetime we were at the mall and we had this tubby bitch hanging from the ceiling" or something liek that..that totaly caught me by suprise be cause i wouldnt have expected them to connect it in that way tyou know?

ohh well i think im typing to much my point is..i think they will deliver what the set out to do with this movie..but they wont reach the feeling of "home" they had with the other movies..if u understand what i mean then jus type SNOOGENS

peace

Nah the new looks funny. Clerks was cool.Chasing Amy, I could't watch it had to turn it off. Mallrats was funny as hell. Remember the stink palm and the plane story.LMAO just thinking bout it. Dogma was funny as hell too. But that song is wack by Afro Man. I hope it aint the theme musiv to the whole movie.

Lates. Snooochiee Booooochhhiiii'ss you Tubby Bitch

------------------

"The great man is sparing in words and prodigal in deeds."

Confucius , Analects

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3693/pistolsq.gif'>

I really like the Kevin Smith movies...I remember I saw the skate video by Blind, "Video Days" that was made in like '91 when street skating was at a low, and in the video the Blind team was out there tearing it up and having fun. (Some of you probably didn't know that Jason Lee was one of the most innovative pro skateboarders of his time)...anyway, that Jason Lee was in Mall Rats made the movie even more funny and fun. Definitely my favorite actor and one of my favorite movies.

Has anyone else here seen Video Days?

I loved Mallrats, I loved Chasing Amy, and I liked Clerks but I HATED Dogma.

I don't care about seeing the new movie...fuck all those big stars and theatres...I feel like the integrity of the series has been lost quite a bit.

Guest Rivers Cuomo

snoogens...

Beardo..although it bothers me ot hear you say that, I partially agree. For some reason Smith has gone a bit too hollywood for the last 2 movies. Chasing amy killed, I dont see how you could say the ending was bad.....maybe unusual...but not bad. I agree with Taco that it will be harder to connect with J&SB on this one becasue they're in leading roles. When they are supporting actors you appreciate their humor more. But it seems like it will just be a change..I'm not sure if it will be a bad or good change. I'm gettig J&SBSB at the movie theater I work at and I'm not sure if I'm gonna go to the sneak preview...I'll let you know if I do.

**Worst thing I've ever heard in my life**

(said by some girl)

"Oh my god, Silent bob is so weird. I bet the director, like, hates him!"

Ok ok ok, I hated dogma, I got my money back. I skipped school to see it, I would have rather been in school(ok so that's a little far, i love kevin.) But anyway I think direction wise I like the movies in this order: Clerks, Chasing Amy(Easily in my top ten)Mallrats, then Dogma. But funny wise, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma.

I think most people don't like Chasing Amy because to me I think if you got rid of Banky it would be a serious movie, not every character was funny. I thought of it as a serious movie with comic relief(a lot).

------------------

Girls suck.

Archived