1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I'm listening to my new danzig double live cd set and you fucking butt plugs are not!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Dec 27, 2001.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm listening to my new danzig double live cd set and you fucking butt plugs are not!

Discussion started by seeking - Dec 27, 2001

dont be fooled, dude could quite literally rock you to death if he didn't have such a strong grasp on his powers. he's not to be triffled with!

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

misteraven - Replied Dec 27, 2001

Ha. I saw him live back in '89 when they were doing all Samhain covers still. Now that was a fuckin show. I met up with hima nd the band afterwards and hung out for a little bit. Real nice guy.

misteraven - Rank: Administrator - Messages:
  3. serpent of the light - Replied Dec 27, 2001

eh, not to fond of danzig or any of his various groups.
    i saw this band bleeding through last nite, second time seeing them, anyway, they covered "mother" and all i could do was laugh.
    -xxx303

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Dec 27, 2001

you laughed cause that song was gay. glen knew it was gay. he used it as a tool to get all the fucking homos to listen to his shit, then he could enlist them into the army of darkness... dude knows his shit man... this aint no magic the gathering...

5. fuck all

fuck all Guest

fuck all - Replied Dec 27, 2001

danzig (the group) is for stupid motherfuckers who couldn't accept the reality that one of the greatest line-ups ever in any punk rock band broke up, so glen decided to check in and cash in, at the same time.

to hell with all that garbage, anyways. it's so early-ninties.

6. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

misteraven - Replied Dec 27, 2001

your crazy. although it doesnt have the same soul as Samhain or the naive brutality of the Misfits... Danzig is fuckin Danzig. Personally it took me a minute to accept the metalish overtones, but the guys got a phenomonal voice and a presence second to none. Plus, last I heard Errie Von was still basist so you've got one half of Samhain there anyhow, not mentioning Errie was also around for much of the latter part of the Misfits as a groupie and roadie so you have that as a clear influence even without Danzig as front man.

I agree it'll never exactly be the same as Samhain or Misfits, but keep in mind homeboy is also pushing 40 years old and not the 'dont give a fuck' devil locked ghoul from his heyday.

misteraven - Rank: Administrator - Messages:
  7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

you wouldnt say that if you were here right now, nearly getting your fucking socks rocked clean off your feet by the live, thundering double bass hurricane that they labled as track 4. "killer wolf'.... so deadly, yet so beautiful...

8. serum

serum 12oz Elite Member

serum - Replied Dec 27, 2001

seeking innocence = satanic worshipper looking for sacrificial virgin goats

serum - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

id also like to point out that the first two danzig albums have been outlawed in 12 southern states, cause people keep winding up dead of 'mysterious' causes... thats the power of a short stocky guy with a napolien complex...

10. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Dec 27, 2001

shit reminds me of skateboarding, going to bed sweaty, waking up with a hangover and having a six pack and a few marlboro reds......goddamn good times......

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  11. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega 12oz Veteran Member

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega - Replied Dec 28, 2001

This thread made me laugh so hard, thank you, it made my night better.

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

blood as ink - Replied Dec 28, 2001

my friend is going to danzig's new year's party...lucky fucker.oh well.

13. bug

bug Guest

bug - Replied Dec 28, 2001

i saw danzig back in '93. it was amazing. those first two albums were clearly in their own category. i mean, it had metal influences, but wasn't exactly metal. it was deep stuff. incidently, i saw the misfits play a few years later (minus danzig) and i just wasn't feeling it. i hung out with them after the show and the next day, and anytime someone asked them about glen, the band had like a million inside jokes to make fun of the guy, basically they said he was a prick.

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Dec 28, 2001

he's more of a stump than a prick, but thats totally beside the point. the fake misfits are just pissed cause danzig still has the touring budget to have a giant fiberglass goat skull on his stage with glowing red eyes and they have to settle for enough hair gel to give them devil locks. youd be pissed too.

15. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

shameless self promotion - Replied Dec 28, 2001

tee hee...he said hair gel..

shameless self promotion - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages: