-- I Just Saw Elektra

Weapon X

Well, I saw it last night (opening night).

This movie done fucked it up. See, I thought Hulk was good when it took it slow, as it really developed the characters until the action finally came on full force. Not so for this flick. The story line had a ton of potential, but it just couldn't be pulled off. The action was lacking big time, and the emotional scenes were drawn out and worthless. And I never realized that Elektra was so dumb...you'll see what I mean if you watch the movie.

I wasn't expecting anything too nice, and I got even less than that. But, for real, I'll give it a rating of decent because of the girl on girl kiss scene and the OCD.

BUT PLEASE, OH PLEASE, GO SEE IT FOR THE FANTASTIC FOUR TRAILER AT THE START!!! HOLY SHIT, THAT MOVIE IS GOING TO KILL IT!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I went in expecting a half decent action flick. What I got instead was Fried Green Tomatoes mixed with Steel Magnolias.

For real, this is a chick flick with a tiny bit of action. I can tell why Ms. Garner didn't want to show up to the premiere because of "the flu".

The Fantastic Four trailer was awesome, though. Good thing it was well worth it, as I spent gift certificates to go see it.

caught a teaser of fan 4 on tv today... it looked ok... kinda disappointed to see the thing all cgi'd out.. i thought i caught some shots of hime afew months ago.. looked pretty bad ass.. of course.. he mighta just ben cgi'd because he was being hit by a truck :clown3:

Originally posted by Vanity@Jan 17 2005, 04:08 AM

caught a teaser of fan 4 on tv today... it looked ok... kinda disappointed to see the thing all cgi'd out.. i thought i caught some shots of hime  afew months ago.. looked pretty bad ass.. of course.. he mighta just ben cgi'd because he was being hit by a truck  :clown3:

I caught some actual productions shot's and the Thing looks really really good - Not CG, but the make up looked legit - seriously put the Hulk to shame. Oh, and fuck Ang Lee for that movie, christ did it blow.

thing031gb.jpg

I've already seen all the stretch costume tests ofr Fan4.

the CG VFX crew is in my building. I'll probably see a lot more soon.

There's a full script locked in a safe upstairs. FOX did a huge security

check of the entire place to make sure that everything is secure from the

bolts on the doors to the internet security. The dont want anything leaking.

I hope Jessican Alba is good as the Invisible (clothes) Woman.

High Priest, you don't know what you're talking about. The Hulk was a good movie. It is story driven, and has one of the better action scenes I have seen in a long time.

I am really worried about F4. After all, the director is the same dude who worked on Taxi (Fallon, Latifah).

I was wondering if F4 can have anything to relate to the audience with. See, audiences can relate to X-Men, Hulk, and Spider-man. But F4 is just a bunch of scientists who have some sort of cosmic ray accident. This is where they will have to play off the constant flare ups between the members that I remember from the comics. After all, it seems as though everybody watches the Real World on MTV, as well as other reality shows.

Shit, I don't know what I'm talking about. I just hope they don't fuck this one up. It looks high budget, but it's going to need an awful lot of human content if it wants to be as good as Hulk or Spider-Man.

Originally posted by Vanity@Jan 16 2005, 11:08 PM

caught a teaser of fan 4 on tv today... it looked ok... kinda disappointed to see the thing all cgi'd out.. i thought i caught some shots of hime afew months ago.. looked pretty bad ass.. of course.. he mighta just ben cgi'd because he was being hit by a truck :clown3:

Here's an interview with Julian McMahon (Dr. Doom):

http://www.iesb.net/movies2/julianmcmahonvwint.php

He mentions somewhere in there that the costumes are all prosthetics.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Jan 17 2005, 05:11 PM

High Priest, you don't know what you're talking about.  The Hulk was a good movie.  It is story driven, and has one of the better action scenes I have seen in a long time.

Are you kidding? That film was horrible - story driven? Alright, maybe i can cut you some slack there - but the way it go's from scene to scene in a comic book pannel style was ridiculous and then on top of it the acting was shit. Eric Banna looked constipated and lets not forget the hulk fighting a giant mutant poodle - the story itself strayed pretty far from the comic ... im not asking for much in these films, but the hulk didnt even come close.

The comic book style picture-in-picture effect was the one thing I really dug abotu the Hulk. The effect worked so well in old films like Grand Prix and The Thomas Crown Affair that it's had a big comeback in things like 24 and the New Thomas Crown Affair.

It's a bit played, but like all visual trends, it will come back around.

I think it works well for the Hulk because of the comic book origin of the panels.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I thought Hulk was pretty damn good, a lot deeper and emotional than I'd expected... but it got drowned out in the excellent-but-still-not-good-enough FX. It made you pay more attention to the absurdity of a mutant poodle fight and not enough to the awesome tragedy of the emotional climax right before David Banner loses his shit and bites the power cable. That scene was straight out of classic theater, and it ruled.

Guest Pilau Hands

i wonder if the all cg hulk affected the decision to have thing an actual costume. it might pay off looking more realistic in the end, but i agree, he should definitely be bigger.