1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

How busted is your yard?

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by stylus1, Sep 20, 2003.

1. stylus1

stylus1 12oz Junior Member

How busted is your yard?

Discussion started by stylus1 - Sep 20, 2003

I've only lived here with a car for a few weeks. About every saturday or sunday, i go down to the yard and chill out and be hungover. The town that i live in now is small, the yard is very small. I hang out for about 30 minutes and walk the tracks. I have no camera, but the whole place shuts down on saturday at one, there is rarely a soul in sight. I go and check out all the pieces, and sometimes take a little paint with me. I haven't pieced, i've only done handstyles there. Anyway, i have left out one important factor. The place is completely over run and torn apart by toys and vandals. Every building, has a shitload of fucking awful attempts at pieces. a praticular group, who writes SUR has done some serious damage. Every week there is something new, just new shit that is pathetic. i think im the only person to go down there with even the slightest interest of actually piecing a car instead of all the equipment and buildings. I have no real question to ask, other than the fear of reactions from workers. I do not know what to expect if the workers stumble across an actual attempt at a piece that could have been painted right there. the cars that come on, usually stick around for a couple weeks, if I piece i am afraid that the workers, that are already frustrated with the awful bullshit that they have to see everyday; not to mention all the garbage, beer cans, paint cans (which i clean up if i see), im afraid the workers will definitely report that something happened right here, seeing as that car was clean last week. this is probably a useless thread, but i feel that shit like this deserves attention. As many have said the freight movement could hit its downfall just like the NYC subway system did. Shit like this makes the indifferent workers and Norfolk Southern in general actually give a shit about the yards in really small towns like this. This town and yard is so small, graffiti and vandalism should not be an issue, if i was the only person to go down there and paint it wouldn't be an issue. I do not even know what to say or do about it, but it does bring some concern as to whether I should really go down there and piece on the regular, it could potentially be noticed that it happened there, and i could probably get grouped with the SUR fuckers. My final question, How hard should i beat these kids asses if i ever come across them? :confused:

stylus1 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Sep 20, 2003

i think it would be a good idea to buff all the shit and clean the beer cans, paint cans and shit up. from what i understand, sur is some kind of mexican gang shit, so i would try to get a look at the people that come there before you confront them. what kind of cars stop there ? are they always clean ? im not sure that the workers would notice a peice on a car that was not there before

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. fr8yardjunky

fr8yardjunky 12oz Member

fr8yardjunky - Replied Sep 20, 2003

sur if im not mistaken could be from SUR13 . if so i dont know about where you at but where i come from you better watch your self.

QUE PASA AMIGO!
    :mexican:

fr8yardjunky - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. stylus1

stylus1 12oz Junior Member

stylus1 - Replied Sep 20, 2003

no camera = no flicks = no money to spend, on anything but beer. word maybe i'll stay away from SUR then, but still i see new dumb shit show up on a weekly basis from these kids, its fucking annoying and its garbage. i have cleaned up empty spraypaint cans, i guess i'll go ahead and clean up all the other random shit that shows up there, found a broken computer the other day. I guess i'd like to make sure that no workers realize that someone has been snooping around or painting and dumb fuckers make that difficult when messes are made and stupid shit shows up on their walls. and to address further questions, the cars that usually come through are mostly hoppers and railboxes, i actually haven't seen anything else come through. they do, leave engines completely out in the open and unattended on the weekends as well as all of the cars, which makes me think they prolly wouldn't give a fuck at all. Where i used to live, there were no yards like this, all maintenance work and people keeping a close eye. This yard closes on the weekends, my old yard(s) was running and working 24/7 and always had those NS trucks running up and down the rails. Im not used to this kind of shit, and i just don't know enough about the freight industry in general. i do know that the bullshit that ends up on walls there has got to be noticed because of its sheer quantity and carelessness. Its a strange situation, im not sure what they will do if they notice that someone else had done something aside from toys and vandals. But i will piece regardless after i check this place out more. In situations i try to think responsibly and make sure i don't get fucked or caught.

stylus1 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  5. IRON HEAD

IRON HEAD 12oz Senior Member

IRON HEAD - Replied Sep 21, 2003

I wont to a yard in Atlanta and it was ridicilious... I was practcally tripping over paint, new cans, old rusted cans, and even can tops. There was even a bag full of paint just left there i guess we must have scared the people there off... But any how still managed to paint some autoracks w/o ne problems... So just be wise and make sure your on point if you happen to paint that one yard...

IRON HEAD - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Sep 21, 2003

Werd that sucks. I agree that cleaning the shit up is a good idea, but toys will just come back and paint it again. I think your yard is just fucked, sorry to say.

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. mrhand

mrhand New Jack

mrhand - Replied Sep 21, 2003

Thats the "Free ColorPlace Silver" yard... Go there weekly and you'll never run out of paint! Most folks know the deal except those rascally kids who like the service road visibles...

mrhand - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. mrhand

mrhand New Jack

mrhand - Replied Sep 21, 2003

...and sometimes out of towner's trains leave with "bonus" effects added to them, such as white and burgundy squiggles... ...know what I'm sayin?

9. IRON HEAD

lol...

The kids that ran out had left a bag of cans... and they had Color Place silvers.. how funny... but y do they call it that...? ANd wwhy do peeps leave that place looking the way it did... I myself threw like 15 cans away that weren't even mine... Is it str8 to paint there by those looks not really...

10. IRON HEAD

MrHand...

Did you go there this weekend??... cus there were some wack ass burgundy and whites facing the service road...

11. mrhand

mrhand New Jack

mrhand - Replied Sep 22, 2003

no. now shhhh....

12. Bosco

Bosco 12oz Member

Bosco - Replied Sep 22, 2003

Yup Yup! That "yard" in Atlanta has been pretty hot lately, ever since someone burned down the trailer there and the engine got painted there...its hard to believe that place didn't get heated sooner. When I first visited it, I was surprised as hell at all the cans lying around, some people just don't give a fuck and ruin it for others. It is a lot quieter though worker wise, since Amtrak shut down mail operations on the siding there.

Bosco - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. Boulder St.

Boulder St. 12oz Junior Member

Boulder St. - Replied Sep 23, 2003

Oh damn, you got hit up by the SUR kilaaz, gangsta gangsta!!!:eek:

Boulder St. - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  14. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

SPFlatty - Replied Sep 23, 2003

just find out whos leavin stuff and ask them to clean up..some people are pretty dense...just ask...hopefully they'll wise up...

15. krowteN

krowteN 12oz Member

krowteN - Replied Sep 23, 2003

i have never been to that rack yard in atl but ive heard stories. that spot is just a raid waiting to happen. but to the original post, like someone already said if you see new sur tags on the buildings in your spot, then my advice would be to stay the fuck away. i have a friend that met with some pretty ill vatos in a train yard.

krowteN - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: