GOOD digital camers for NIGHT SHOTS

Hank Parker

okay, i got a friend looking at these 2 cameras right now at wal-mart. he's looking for one that takes GOOD night shots (strong flash). I don't know too much about other cameras, but these are them...

Concord IQ 4060AF 4mp

Sony DSC P51 Cybershot 2mp

Any of these good? And tell me what you have that works ohh so good at night. It would be much appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

why oh why would you buy from walmart....

go to a more camera specific store...

or buy used... youll save a lot and lots of people try shooting pictures for a short time and sell their stuff for cheap... pawnshops and ebay...

anything with a pop up flash is going to be a must for night photography if you want any kind of detail...

also the higher you go with mega pixels the better off you are going to be...

telo:

well basically walmart comes in buys a big lot of land, many times forcing local/smaller stores to sell who are on that land. if they refuse to sell the city will condemn the property. then the say they are bringing jobs, but they are all close to minimum wage to keep prices down. people who make little must save as much as posibble so they buy there. other local stores in the area go out of business because of this (stores of all types). plus they do not count these later lost jobs in the whole we bring more jobs studies they do) then they say they help the community. they are the greedy fucks feeding the propaganda of bettering the community but they do little surface projects that they can point to. like a park or some shit but the future economical damage to the community and residents can be quite damaging. they are just futhering the gap between lower class and upper class and removing the middle class. basically.

does wal-mart offer employees health benefits?? i would think not.

thanks for the input!

well he was at walmart getting something when he decided to call me and ask me about some. i did tell him to go some where else, where people are more knowledgeable....where you won't get a "well you could just buy a whole bunch of Mums" answer

he didn't buy anything yet.

Originally posted by E MARTYR

dont get it twisted.

i love walmart. but i wouldnt buy expensive electronics from them.

holla

True,but seeing this and picking film at the local wal-mart they had some digi's on sale for almost 1/2 off,now I would like a digi I wont mind losing.I'll spend maybe up to $200.Since they are on sale.Other than that I'll keep my cheap ass advantix which if loss I'll get another for$20.They had some sony 2 mega's on sale for loke $150.

Originally posted by Hank Parker

okay, i got a friend looking at these 2 cameras right now at wal-mart. he's looking for one that takes GOOD night shots (strong flash). I don't know too much about other cameras, but these are them...

Concord IQ 4060AF 4mp

Sony DSC P51 Cybershot 2mp

Any of these good? And tell me what you have that works ohh so good at night. It would be much appreciated.

Scratch out the Concord. I've been keeping up on digital camera news for a couple of years and I've never heard of that brand. The Sony is a good camera with a strong flash (for a built in flash that is) but you may want to look into something with a proprietary battery solution because rechargeable AAs are a bitch. Get a Sony F-828 if you can afford it, or an old Nikon 4300 and the external flash for it.

Originally posted by Hank Parker

wal-mart

Whats wal-mart? do they sell walls there?! :lol: :lol:

Umm, I have a Fuji Finepix 601, 6 MP its absolutely great.

When shooting at night the most important thing is light, obviously and long exposure times. Use a tri-pod and use as much extra light as possible.

Archived