Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Billionaire Boys Club / Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Style' started by misteraven, Jan 5, 2005.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

NEW YORK (January 4, 2005) - BBC Ice Cream LLC, musician and producer Pharrell Williams’ apparel and footwear brand, has filed suit against Reebok International, accusing the sneaker giant of breach of contract and seeking damages in excess of $1.6 million. In a complaint filed in Manhattan federal court on Dec. 17, BBC, which stands for Billionaire Boys Club, accused Reebok of violations on three counts of breach of contract relating to an apparel licensing agreement reached between the two companies in Oct. 2003. According to the complaint, Reebok failed to produce any apparel products meeting BBC’s approval standards and also failed to ship a representative apparel line by a June 1, 2004 deadline. BBC is asking for no less than $1.6 million on each of the three counts. A Reebok spokesperson said the company does not comment on pending legal matters.

http://www.dnrnews.com

2. Hahaha, looks like goodbye for them

3. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

maybe it's just me... but I dont think I'd get along with the other members of a billionaire boys club.

5. Coffie Crave

Coffie Crave Senior Member

i knew they where in it all for money, thos shoes r so paper gangster anyway

6. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

After the court case what will happen, Will bape own the sole rights to bbc and carry it on with sole rights or just pack up shop and take the money and run?

7. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

8. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

dont think bape own the rights to it, or at least not wholly. also, i truly doubt there's any money to run off with. that shit never got off the ground and every pair of shoes i've seen is collecting dust. someone lost they're ass big time. bet it was reebok and was probably why they never put more loot in to get the clothing off the ground. just a guess though.

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Anyone ever see that TV movie from the late eighties - early nineties called Billionaire Boys Club? I remember really liking it, and I hope to find it on vhs or dvd sometime in the near future.

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

if i can find a pair of these stupid shoes for under $75 bucks, im coping them just so i can sit on em for 5 years, then right when everyones forgotten about them, i'll bust em out like BLAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW, HOW YA LIKE ME NAAAAAAAAAWWW?!?! and bitches will jump out their shoes an socks just to bang me, the whole electro clash shit will jump off again and we'll get another 5 years of girls in terry cloth gym shorts.
    hesh, you owe me one already.

oh, and in more appropriate news, good, i hope they all go fucking broke. this shit was the gayest excuse for fashion ever.

11. Cobraz

Cobraz New Jack

Amen to that..those glasses he designed for marc jacobs or who ever were whack too

12. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

those fucking shoes were so ugly. jesus. 100 times worse than ANY chinatown knockoff Jeff Hamilton jacket.

but shouts to Chad Hugo, the forgotten Neptune. Holla at ya fuckin frogs!

*typo

13. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

According to background information in the compliant, on Oct. 1, 2003, the two companies signed a licensing agreement allowing Reebok to use the BBC trademarks on a range of items, including shirts, pants, sweatshirts and accessories.

“Reebok signed the agreement ... but failed to distribute for sale — much less sell — one stitch of apparel,” said BBC in the complaint.

According to BBC, problems arose shortly after the agreement was signed. “In January 2004, only a few months after the execution of the agreement ... certain Reebok personnel began to acknowledge to BBC that Reebok could not adequately produce the full range of Licensed Products ... in a manner consistent with the design and quality standards and specifications required by BBC,” said the complaint.

Sample items presented to BBC by Reebok during the Spring of 2004 were deemed to be substandard by BBC. “Reebok repeatedly assured BBC that the non-conforming and disapproved aspects of these samples would be corrected,” said the complaint. “Reebok, however, failed to correct these deficiencies.”

Williams debuted the Billionaire Boys Club apparel and Ice Cream footwear lines, both licensed by Reebok, at a press conference held in Manhattan in late August.

At the time, the collections were to have limited global distribution beginning in mid-September, selling at stores such as Alife in New York, Fred Segal in Los Angeles and Colette in Paris. Only 30 stores in total were to carry the products. Women’s footwear was slated to be introduced early this year.

“This is not based on being an entertainer — this line is a childhood dream of mine,” Williams said at the press conference. “The line doesn’t say Pharrell on it, and the goal for this collection is exclusivity.”

By ROSS TUCKER

SOURCE: FOOTWEARNEWS

14. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

LIVING THE LV DREAM

"YOU have to understand, I am just a regular dude. At the end of the day, this is all an incredible dream come true." So says Pharrell Williams, who was asked by Marc Jacobs to collaborate with his friend, Bathing Ape founder Nigo, to create a new set of eyewear for Louis Vuitton. Describing shades as "like a steroid to your personality", Williams created a colourful collection all of which were endowed with plenty of gold detail, exotic names like Elvira, Lady Tiger and Havana, and price tags in the region of $300 to $500. Sitting next to Catherine Deneuve during the spring/summer 2005 show in Paris, he wore a bright red pair. And while he is clearly reveling in being Jacobs' new partner in style, he says it was all the designer's idea. "Marc had seen a few pictures of me in sunglasses," he told Women's Wear Daily. "He wanted to know what my take on sunglasses would be like for Louis Vuitton. He pretty much let me go into my own world. I thought that was great. At the end of the day, he is Marc Jacobs and it is Louis Vuitton, and who am I for that matter?" http://www.Vogue.com - October 26 2004, AM

15. Flow ish

Flow ish Member

About the shoes;
    About the glasses;

Isn't getting paid out the ass good enough?