Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

airbrushing

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by stringfellow, Oct 19, 2004.

1. stringfellow

stringfellow Member

rite i wanna get into airbrushing and make some cash outta it, like detailed stuff such as petrol tanks, canvas's, helmets & jackets and eventually like fairground rides when i get good.
    just wonderd if any of u knew owt about it, and what to look for in a good airbrush kit, they sell em on ebay but i dont wanna fork out then find out its no good for detailed stuff.
    cheers

2. stringfellow

stringfellow Member

oh yeah and what paint do you use??

3. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

i have a airbrush kit but i duno how much i got it for, havent really fucked around with it much because i dont like the sound of the air compressor

4. war pigs

war pigs Dirty Dozen Crew

it all depends on what you're painting...

painting shit like motorcycle frames and tanks and stuff is an art within itself...

5. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor Elite Member

airbrushing's fun but noisy unless you can afford canned air. i don't know.. i made these sweet bob marley shirts that i was trying to hustle at the local graffiti/hip-hop/art festival in the summer but none of the local thugs wanted to buy them because they werent size 3XL or pink or something.

petrol tanks? wierd

6. why write?

hah thats funny about the size 3xl or pink...i sold a few shirts for a local band to throw out at one of their shows...made like 30 or 40 off 3 shirts, i forgot, i made a stencil of the letters and airbrushed it on...i hate the noise though

7. •nakEd

•nakEd New Jack

yeah I've been intrested in air brushing for the longest but never got around to learning it... someone has got to have some good beginner knowledge

8. why write?

heres the band's shirts
    the dots are gay but they are there upon request.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. stringfellow

stringfellow Member

well they were just examples, you must have seen the chopper bike petrol tanks painted up?? i were just sayin that to give an example of the detail id need.
    so any decent airbrush will do then?

10. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

When I did realism shit for Tower Records / Video I used an Aiwata Pro model airbrush and a large compresser so the tank wouldn't fill up every two minutes. If you're just doing easy come easy go stuff then you can get away with just about any airbrush and be fine. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

11. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

12. ilovedrunk

ilovedrunk Member

i too have an airbrush i dont know how to use... i have a small compressor..

joker.... pics?

13. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

airbrushing is pretty fun. i took a class in high school for it. i think we used Aztek airbrushes. they weren't professional or anything but they served their purpose.

14. JeLisOneR

JeLisOneR New Jack

check out www.bearair.com they tell you what the airbrush is best for and so on ...ive airbrushed on and off for about 5 years and just recently got into doing canvas...i use mostly createx paints

15. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor Elite Member

i have a pasche airbrush... it works well except this one kid messed it up kinda, but i think i fixed it. those things are so complicated. rule #1 never take your airbrush apart.

invest in frisket film and exacto knives and thick paper