airbrushing

stringfellow

rite i wanna get into airbrushing and make some cash outta it, like detailed stuff such as petrol tanks, canvas's, helmets & jackets and eventually like fairground rides when i get good.

just wonderd if any of u knew owt about it, and what to look for in a good airbrush kit, they sell em on ebay but i dont wanna fork out then find out its no good for detailed stuff.

cheers

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I did realism shit for Tower Records / Video I used an Aiwata Pro model airbrush and a large compresser so the tank wouldn't fill up every two minutes. If you're just doing easy come easy go stuff then you can get away with just about any airbrush and be fine. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

although i rarely use my airbrush because i dont have the space... the key to maintaining your airbrush is constant cleaning..also run cleaner through your nozzle and head.. and while youre working keep a containter of 3 parts water 1 part cleaner.. to occassionally clear the nozzle and passageways.

frisket is key.. and also learning how to cut masks with an exacto without cutting too deep and cutting into the paint or painting surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived