Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

AI...hmm.. it started good.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BoB Hope ONER, Jun 30, 2001.

1. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

yeah.. then.. 2 hours. later i was just like.. huh? this is ultra... random.

well now ive successfully stayed awake through a whole kubrick film on the first try. the shining is the only one ive watched without falling asleep.

well.. some of the special effects.. top notch.. and the bear.. man.. ..

i swear.. how much fucking crack were they smoking..

plot.. went out the window.

saw another movie last night. i thought it was pretty amazing visually. have to remember the name... ill get some background on it..

ok.. back to work with me.

2. kid furie

kid furie Senior Member

which kubrick movie? his stuff is always good...

3. Bloody Fetus

Bloody Fetus Member

AI is a Speilberg movie.

4. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

5. nemersion

nemersion Junior Member

it is now, it was a kubrick film until he asked spielberg to direct because it was more in spielbergs genre. kubrick developed it for i think over 15 years.

[This message has been edited by racecar (edited 06-30-2001).]

6. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

regardless of plot the visual techniques used in kubrik films are always enough to keep me enjoying the movie....i mean....eyes wide shut???? wtf.....the directing completly save that movie for me.

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i watched 2001 yesterday.. huh?

8. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

shit...everyone is giving this movie a sideways thumb .....hmmm...i'm going on tuesday to see for myself......hows jude
    law in it???? how about the soundtrack???
    i actually feel confident i'll love this movie, usually
    when there's bad or mediocre reviews, it turns out excellent.

9. George Dubyah Bush

George Dubyah Bush Senior Member

I'm going to be rooting for Final Fantasy. Thats going to be off the chainmail.

i don't know if Japanese people are the animators, probably, but, fucking lord. They take there animation to complete perfection. I think Americans have a quarter of the effort/perfectionist most Japanese have.

10. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

man. bob i feel similar to you...
    some amazing parts, but on the whole, it was pee pee.
    twinkie, i don't think you're gonna like it man. i actually thought of you when i went because of the thread you started on here before. your boy jude law was aight; i can see him being a highlight in many peoples eyes.
    i wanted to like it. it just didn't come through though.
    bob, how kubrickesque was the flesh fair?
    the bear dominated.

11. BoB Hope ONER

hhah ahh the bear.

hey tears.. i found you! youre it.

jude was good.. had some witty lines and penache for sure. and.. he makes girls melt like butter. its scary how plasticky they make him..on purpose of course.

tearz for sure the fleshfair idea wise. the chasing and such.. very kubrick but.. then the actual arena was a bit more hollywood.

i liked the way they threw the bear around to kind of show you the whole scene.
    it was scary. all it brought up was images of concentration camps in the back of my head.

12. BoB Hope ONER

yeah it is a spielberg movie.

but... if you watch it.. which im guessing you havent.

youll realize how much kubrick is still in it.

13. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot Elite Member

I cant believe how Phil bagged on Full Metal Jacket - I think the 2nd half is equally as good as the first myself. The hooker?! I mean come on - the hooker segment made the film famous..

oh well, anyone listen to KFI?

14. Nic Thamaire

Nic Thamaire Elite Member

THE END OF EYE WIDE SHUT IS PRETTY WEAK..

15. *ZEMONEDOE$

*ZEMONEDOE$ Veteran Member

i hated eyes wide shut.garbage.eve with a girl like nicole kidman getting naked it still managed to suck.
    alot.
    cant wait to see ai