Dope graff interviews on youtube or whatever.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think if there was something I could do with less of, it would be writers. Almost every one has their only little idea about history of graffiti and their own impact, usually more grand than it actually was. Graffiti was always a "don't meet your heroes" situation for me.

• Like 1
  • Truth 4
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Used to be called Zee some shit - the kids that host are fucking corny but they gave some solid writers on the show. Bunch more than what I posted, Remio, Ojae, Noxer, Rimes, Nov York, Disco Bryso etc

Angel & Zee

I have a hard time watching those. But yeah, they do get some great guests.

• Truth 1

20 hours ago, Overtime said:

I think if there was something I could do with less of, it would be writers. Almost every one has their only little idea about history of graffiti and their own impact, usually more grand than it actually was. Graffiti was always a "don't meet your heroes" situation for me.

Most fools are scumbags during their career at one point or another - I appreciate the more refined views of some OG cats at this point. But even some youngsters I have heard recently have surprised me.

But agree that a ton of dudes are fucking morons - makes sense when you think about it.  

• Truth 1

23 hours ago, Overtime said:

LOL tell me you're salty as shit that you're nobody in graffiti without telling me. 😆

• LOL! 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

There are some youngsters that do one with East Coast cats - the hosts are mad annoying but they have good interviews. 

Did a good one with RD - they just rebranded the show last year. I will find one and post. 

You're talking about Angel and Z. Those guy's suck. 
They somehow manage to get great guests but blow it.

Edited by DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

57 minutes ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

LOL tell me you're salty as shit that you're nobody in graffiti without telling me. 😆

Yeah man, I don't ever recall saying I was anybody in graffiti. But I've been in the game long enough to know that most graff writers bloviate about their impact and have a self-aggrandizing view of themselves. I'd also posit that NYC isn't as important as people make it out to be, especially on 12oz. 

If you want to talk about salt, it seems you're salty because I have an opinion of these videos that isn't bowing at their feet, and that upsets you. 

Edited by Overtime
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Overtime said:

Yeah man, I don't ever recall saying I was anybody in graffiti. But I've been in the game long enough to know that most graff writers bloviate about their impact and have a self-aggrandizing view of themselves. I'd also posit that NYC isn't as important as people make it out to be, especially on 12oz. 

If you want to talk about salt, it seems you're salty because I have an opinion of these videos that isn't bowing at their feet, and that upsets you. 

Like I said, you basically just confirmed exactly that.
And keep your projections to yourself. 😆

• Like 1

The very first thing that tells me a dude doesnt know shit is when they call NYC the birthplace etc 

I got the Cornbread jawn framed up in the living room - but even then the Weat Coast perspective we had OG hoods in LA founded around the turn of the century and graffiti elements shortly thereafter. 

But lets be honest NYC has always been a mecca - no doubt. I wouldnt say 12oz has knee pads on for NY by any means. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

3 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

The very first thing that tells me a dude doesnt know shit is when they call NYC the birthplace etc 

I got the Cornbread jawn framed up in the living room - but even then the Weat Coast perspective we had OG hoods in LA founded around the turn of the century and graffiti elements shortly thereafter. 

But lets be honest NYC has always been a mecca - no doubt. I wouldnt say 12oz has knee pads on for NY by any means. 

Based on the coordinates on My 12oz hat, I would differ about the knee pads lol.

Is it wrong that of all the "Sohos" I visited, I would go Hong Kong > London > NY, even though I have the funniest story about London?

On 4/24/2024 at 1:12 AM, Overtime said:

Reading this again, I think I get your point. And 9 times out of 10 you’re right about that “don’t meet your heroes” shit. I must’ve been a few beers too deep and misinterpreted your comment first time around. My bad G.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

True that, but I can’t really get mad about it because those OG NYC cats really do think they started this shit. 😆

Either way, they know THEIR history and the old NY that they grew up in, and I just like hearing about it. 

9CE85A67-36EF-4F6A-BB4D-66A01E234D9D.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

WTF is pulling a J Cole? 
I stopped listening to new rap a long time ago. 😆

He dropped a diss track a couple weeks ago and then issued an apology.to those he dissed.

• LOL! 2