Show me your gardens, plants, and share some knowledge please

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 3/24/2024 at 12:44 AM, misteraven said:

. Just picked up two plum trees to add to the dozen or so fruit trees I bought last year.

Remember you don't plant a stone fruit tree for you, you plant it for your children. Take years to get really good.

My father in law has a plum tree approaching 65 years old at a conservative guess and goddamn i love the plums off that tree.

Santa Rosa variety. accept no substitutes. I just have to beat the cockatoos each year because those feathered fuckers are merciless. 

Interestingly he used to keep an almond orchard and some of those tree have been going since the 1950's. One got trimmed back heavily with a chainsaw to make more room for a driveway and has a total new lease on life.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 6:15 PM, SukiSukiNow said:

Today I planted some kale and chard in an old bucket I found with a lost lid 

IMG_4416.thumb.jpeg.6e395932b089bc574b0b9ffc76a89d13.jpeg

Awesome, love seeing stuff like this. Doesn’t take much… Literally a sunny window or two, but if you have a small yard, there’s really no reason excuses. It’s fun, healthy and good for you and the earth. Plus it’s a big fuck you to the fucked you to the agriculture industry and allows you to be a bit more resilient and independent. 

Just posted in my off grid thread, but a couple dollars from the local hardware store for decent non-GMO / heritage seeds or a small investment with https://rareseeds.com will go a long way. Once you get started, it’s rewarding and mostly self sustaining with very little cost, if any. 

• Like 3

tried something new today, harvesting some ramps.

20240413_195736.thumb.jpg.2f30c572ba72c46c95a1565255ff3b4d.jpg

at some point over the next few days, i'll try them in a stir fry, and if they're really enjoyable i might go back to harvest some more to preserve for later. it was a large patch, so as long as i use caution, i shouldn't have to worry about over harvesting.