Mauler’s Van Life thread (as promised, I want you all to come on the journey with Me)

Mauler5150

20 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I like the video content. Much easier to digest than 18 paragraphs of text. Definitely want to see some videos of your area. Would love to see some of Scarborough area, or Cottesloe once you get the van moving reliably. Stoked for you getting a roof over your head.

Do you think you could talk to the mechanics and maybe get the van out front of the business after hours to sleep and then let them work on it again the next day?

I will make videos as a replacement for pages of text as it is more efficient for Me as you can tell.

Plus you will get used to My Australian accent and possibly some slang from time to time. My issue is to try and not swear to bypass the Youtube censors which algorithmically screw your if you swear within the first 5 mins of a video. Kind of hard to do when I have been out of the corporate environment and have been affected by My Mother’s negative way of phrasing the past few years, which benefits Me in doing traffic management but is to the detriment of mixing snd dealing with the wider (read as “upper”) echelons of society which I also participate in.

As for the mechanics, finding one which isn’t on a main road with cars screaming past all day and night that would allow Me to crash at night is still a challenge I would rather bypass by hotelling for a couple of nights or whatever. One doesn’t realise how much house walls deaden the noise of traffic and such until you get in a van, and earplugs don’t work for My ears as my holes are too big (that is what She said) and I need to hear My alarm to get up for work anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just recorded a driving and walking tour of My hometown where I grew up as a kid-teenager, “the ghetto of Perth” which lies “At the literal end of the (train) line”, Armadale.

Hopefully you enjoy the insight into scenery and stories of My past that accompany the vision, as there is probably no better way to put into perspective how I became the Man I am today than by showing you all where I grew up.

It will be a couple of parts at least as it is maybe an hour of footage, but every moment has relevance and significance and some lesson to be taken along the way.

I will post when it is uploaded.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:38 AM, LUGR said:

I like the video content. Much easier to digest than 18 paragraphs of text. Definitely want to see some videos of your area. Would love to see some of Scarborough area, or Cottesloe once you get the van moving reliably. Stoked for you getting a roof over your head.

Do you think you could talk to the mechanics and maybe get the van out front of the business after hours to sleep and then let them work on it again the next day?

I grabbed My whiteboard from My Mums so that I can add whatever you all wish to see to a list of places to make videos about, and I was planning to go to Cottesloe when I finished a job I had in Dalkeith the other day, yet given I am still learning My job I failed to realise that was only half of the day's work I had been rostered on for and ended up in Maddington so it will be a future video for sure.

The downside is that there is only paid parking at Cottesloe these days I think, so what I might even do is park up at the train station (I think it is $2 a day as opposed to the hourly beachside parking) and walk down.

Also future videos will not be as detailed as the last one, as I was trying to condense 25 years or so of having lived in the area into a 20-30 min video.

I am really looking forward to getting out and exploring places I have yet to have seen before, but thanks to circumstance,  I have lucky been able to cathartically purge My past prior to embarking on that part of My journey.

Also any feedback about specific things you all like and want more of or less of (My ranting will always be present based on situations I encounter or whatever My media feeds indicate as issues I should comment or have an opinion on, but I will try tame it down).

Edited by Mauler5150
Removed repost of video bug
  • Like 2

Also I decided that it is probably easier for Me to broadcast raw footage via Twitch so I became a "Twitchtard" as I coin them.

theog_mob

Feel free to follow Me on there and shoutout the Oontz and Channel Zero so that I can communicate with you all in real time, and if it is like today whereby I woke up here at Pyramids Beach in Dawesville, I invite you to come for long walks on the beach with Me.

57 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I’m definitely not joining Twitch, lol.

Respect.

I refused to join also so I do not blame you and as My wife once said "Amazon sucks", which given She is in close proximity to the rainforest of the same name as a Colombian, coupled with the recent delivery driver commentary in the other thread, I believe Her.

Until Youtube verifies My ID so I can livestream there I have no other option.

My New issue I am facing is with My iPhone storage so I can't export edited videos, as I have it set to hold downloaded videos to My photos instead of optimising so if I go off grid I can still have the videos to edit.

I have the latest and supposedly greatest 1TB version so who knows how I have used 928GB of photo storage but optimised is only 300GB?

11 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Double Dragon was the shit for sure.

Surprised at how similar the burbs are here in the US. 

Good vid dude, also the van seems to run pretty smoothly. 

Thanks Man.

The van is working well besides a 4th gear crunch and a clutch related squeal that is the result of a thrust bearing or something. Besides that everything is good, it is more the non-van related thungs messing up like My lightning cables and things like that which may prevent Me filming I need to be weary of.

My issue is not to get into long winded social commentary rants that seemingly just come out of Me as soon as I start filming. I will try refrain but I can't guarantee it, as I think the muse overcomes Me and wants to put whatever messages I am speaking of out into the world as other people might be too afraid of other people judging them to have such strong and educated perspectives on the things I discuss.

New video incoming from Pyramids Beach where I woke up this morning and I have a few vids of social commentary and a tour of Mandurah (about 50kms from Armadale and on the coast) I can edit.

• Like 1

Yo Mauler - what's the regular outdoor temp when you say its chilly?

In the US we have seen crazy spikes in ocean temp - huge coral die off recently in Florida too. 

Any of that shit going on in Australia.

Good video bro - not too long. Pretty scenic. Good shit and you have motivated me to do a day in pies today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

In the US we have seen crazy spikes in ocean temp - huge coral die off recently in Florida too. 

Good video bro - not too long. Pretty scenic. Good shit and you have motivated me to do a day in pies today. 

Coral bleaching has been occurring over there for awhile. They have had a hole in the ozone layer above them for a long ass time too.

12 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I am not sure about ocean temps but the outdoor temps are between a low of 7'C and 19'C which is still too cold (with wind chill) to surf on boardshorts from prior experience. Maybe when it gets to mid 20s celcius I will be able to surf in boardshorts, as currently I still get away with 2 layers of pants and 2 shirts and a jacket for work.

But in the sun it is warm today so I am perched up under a "JESUS" piece of a local artist who gets up as I am situated at a Crossroads doing My lollipopping the next couple of days. I will put a video up but it is pretty boring during the week, I might just make a collage at the end of each week of the still images I take so you can see the various places around Perth, I am situated. If you want to add Me on Facebook to view whatever pics I take PM Me and I will let you know My Id on there.

• Like 1

I remember the water being chilly there for me in summer time lol. I actually still wear a rip curl spring suit hand me down my bro bought in Scarborough 25+ years ago for fall and winter surf fishing. Quality garment. Still have an Ocean & Earth body board I bought there too.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LUGR said:

I remember the water being chilly there for me in summer time lol. I actually still wear a rip curl spring suit hand me down my bro bought in Scarborough 25+ years ago for fall and winter surf fishing. Quality garment. Still have an Ocean & Earth body board I bought there too.

Funny that My last wetsuit was one I inherited from a friend which just happened to be a Rip Curl springsuit after his older brother outgrew it.

Finished work early today and as it is pissing down rain I think I am going to the gym to shower, wash My hair and train for a bit and decide where I want to go park up for the night as I might not have work tomorrow as I haven't recieved a shift yet.

While I could go to Scarborough and things with this spare day off, the weather is shit and there is nowhere to park up around there that I know of unless I went a bit further south to Leighton or something to park up.

Yet if you couldn't tell by My last video, I much prefer the beaches further south given they have less people on it.

Decisions, decisions really.

It does give Me time to figure out what I can delete to free up room to export My other projects to upload to Youtube though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

Funny that My last wetsuit was one I inherited from a friend which just happened to be a Rip Curl springsuit after his older brother outgrew it.

Finished work early today and as it is pissing down rain I think I am going to the gym to shower, wash My hair and train for a bit and decide where I want to go park up for the night as I might not have work tomorrow as I haven't recieved a shift yet.

While I could go to Scarborough and things with this spare day off, the weather is shit and there is nowhere to park up around there that I know of unless I went a bit further south to Leighton or something to park up.

Yet if you couldn't tell by My last video, I much prefer the beaches further south given they have less people on it.

Decisions, decisions really.

It does give Me time to figure out what I can delete to free up room to export My other projects to upload to Youtube though.

Show us Rottnest Island.

On 8/15/2023 at 12:20 PM, LUGR said:

Show us Rottnest Island.

It is expensive to go there and there isn't that much for Me to really go there as I have been over there by both plane and the ferry in the past.

As an update, the RAC fucked Me over as I took yesterday off of work (I missed a day's pay as a result) to get the tyres I had to wait a week for them to come out and tell Me the RAC callout guy I had come sell Me a new battery and give Me the tyre quote had ordered the wrong tyres.

So after I agreed to reschedule to this Saturday, I now find an email

saying they have cancelled and are refunding Me, so who knows how long the money will take to get back to My account so I can get the tyres I would have gotten a week and a half ago.

• Like 1

Maybe make a tiktok and you can post the videos here - they are rather short and I could see that being a good format for the thread. 

Doesnt require anyone to sign up to see your vids here and you can have them hosted on their Bs site to save your phone memory.

All that said I think you may have ranted against tiktok at some point - dont get me wring I think tiktok is fucked but it may work for this purpose 

• Truth 1

37 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Maybe make a tiktok and you can post the videos here - they are rather short and I could see that being a good format for the thread. 

Doesnt require anyone to sign up to see your vids here and you can have them hosted on their Bs site to save your phone memory.

All that said I think you may have ranted against tiktok at some point - dont get me wring I think tiktok is fucked but it may work for this purpose 

My best friend said the same thing, that I should get on Tiktok and post videos.

I have some footage from last week and weekend, short clips of the places I parked up at. 

Yet the crazy thing was last Sunday morning, just after I made a morning wakeup to view video prior to going into the beachside public carpark toilet I stayed at to piss, only to find the local Ranger crawling thru the carkpark.

Before any talks could be made I jumped onto the driver seat and tried to take off only to find my battery was somehow dead (possibly because I exhausted the solar battery?) and needed to give Myself a jump start.

If the Ranger got smart I would have just said it was because I used My solar to charge My jumpstarter battery, but I can't believe these residents who think that just because they have money that they own the beach they are lucky enough to be able to afford living next to. My intention for the day prior to making a hasty retreat was to grab rubbish off the beach as My karmic "rent"  for staying a couple of nights in the locale (albeit different carparks).

• Like 3

Dude if I could document and show you how people live in RV’s in the Bay Area you would be appalled.

These people will literally trash the entire surrounding area and it has been tolerated for years.

It is safe to say that you are making minimal impact, in fact likely improving areas you visit and have every right to park by the ocean frontage.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

Since I haven't updated this thread for a while due to working 12 hour days and having a short weekend that only lasted a little in between travelling to see My Mum to do washing and then heading into the bush at a RV parkup place called Wundowie to meet up with My fellow van lifer  Mike, I have gotten some footage I should edit together soon to give a visual update.

My current gig involves standing at a closed off road letting a few locals drive up to their houses and redirecting others to use adjacent roads. I took it as an opportunity to bust out the MDF panel I bought to practice painting and can control to do some streetside art I can place in My van whilst I am getting paid to do so as in some bizarre twist of fate I am getting paid to entertain Myself by painting and making art for Myself.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Been working 12 hour days so updates have been few and far between so My apologies.

Got a video rendering of todays locale, where I make a couple of jokes about the state of things as I watch the conscripted workers get back to assembling My Deathstar Cruiser that I sail the high seas of the 4+5G waves of AtLANtis.

I have decided that My journey will be continued in text form from this point forward as I have elected to delete all the photos in My iCloud as being the petals that form the bud of a flower that is where Beatrice ends up choosing to stay in the Divine Comedy, while I am here paying the bill for the parasitic light demons to live the life I gave them effectively attempting to mock Me for being the fool.

In taking back control over the fate of My past self to where the only thing that exists is My present, a present where My gift becomes the ability to mock and humiliate any egotisical retard who attempts to insinuate they are anything I would ever choose to be,in knowing that as I am One with God, I get to kill them, their family, friends, pets, and take everything they were ever attached to over the course of their lives whilst I illustrate how inntheir death they were and are nothing beyond that which I would never wish to be which is why I manifested them extraneous of Me.

Deep, I know, yet it shows I am inviolate and impervious to anything that comes My wY as I laugh at how such idiots chose to present themselves as child raping animal abusing cunts who messed with Me as the arsehole which is now taking a big shit all over them.

• Props 1