numbers for 2002...

Guest mopius

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest L.RonHubbard

if the late night shift wasnt in effect tonight, i would have six, but since i had to turn back with a frown on my grill and walk fuckin 4 miles home empty handed i am stucck with my current number of five freights for the 2k2. i got a half gallon of expensive beer chillin in the fridge tho so im gonna try and compensate.

QUALITY IS WHAT COUNTS

i always wonder about the mentality of the whole numbers game

even if its just a number to keep u on track or if its a goal

and even if its a competive thing. i feel that for the most part

the kids who keep track arent in it for the long haul

u look at alot of the greats out there like Eros or Crispo

and those dudes never hit 100 in a year

and those are the dudes who we get stoked to catch

or u look at dudes like sien5 and cavs who maybe hit 50-75 every year but times

that by 10-15 years of work and now ur talking greatness...

i see more and more trash coming into my spots and find myself

covering up alot more toy throwups and wanna be pieces

its sad cause when i first got into fr8s it would be a rareity to catch a piece

now u catch alot more and alot less quality

the lines look a mess and i think that has alot to do with people going out and

just trying to do the most they can just so they an say..."yeah i got X amount out there"

meanwhile u got the real kids covering up 90% of that crap

so next time u go out to do trains try to remember:

a.throwups dont count unless u are part of the elite few out there

b. small pieces on fresh panels are gonna get covered up

c. and sloppy pieces with 6,000 colors make any car look like shit

Re: QUALITY IS WHAT COUNTS

Originally posted by STOLENGOODS

i always wonder about the mentality of the whole numbers game

even if its just a number to keep u on track or if its a goal

and even if its a competive thing. i feel that for the most part

the kids who keep track arent in it for the long haul

u look at alot of the greats out there like Eros or Crispo

and those dudes never hit 100 in a year

and those are the dudes who we get stoked to catch

or u look at dudes like sien5 and cavs who maybe hit 50-75 every year but times

that by 10-15 years of work and now ur talking greatness...

i see more and more trash coming into my spots and find myself

covering up alot more toy throwups and wanna be pieces

its sad cause when i first got into fr8s it would be a rareity to catch a piece

now u catch alot more and alot less quality

the lines look a mess and i think that has alot to do with people going out and

just trying to do the most they can just so they an say..."yeah i got X amount out there"

meanwhile u got the real kids covering up 90% of that crap

so next time u go out to do trains try to remember:

a.throwups dont count unless u are part of the elite few out there

c. and sloppy pieces with 6,000 colors make any car look like shit

all i gotta say is that if anyone covers any fillin done by anyone i know and gets caught slippin by leaving it hanging out or something, everything they've done is as good as gone once it gets caught. doesnt matter who you are or how nice your piece is. whether its a throwup, little piece, sloppy piece, or anything else you named. we've probably got as much wack halfassed shit running as anyone out there, so chances are some of you've blown it already. im sure some of you know who i am and what crews im talking about, theres a whole lot of us, some real young, so you know that your shit will just keep getting dissed untill its all gone. if you're using wallmart or krylon or anything like that its going to fade, so even if you do cover it up just wait a few years. this isnt a challenge or anything.

sometimes theres no choice of course with one car layups and shit like that, but if you can help it, let it run. at least hit the person up if you had to go over them. its a pretty simple respect/common curtosy thing. seems like a lot of idiots take pride in how they "capped some toy shit" - the "cap" name is pretty ironic - a lot of these same guys that go over shit are the ones that cry if you do a piece over some old train workers pen tag, come on now.

as far as counting goes, just know that if you're a sucker to begin with you'll still be a sucker even if you've got 10,000 trains. you'll never be better than anyone else no matter what you do. in the end graffiti's pretty stupid, and freights are concittered to be a pretty pussy thing to paint by most people in the world anyway. so if you did the most freights i guess that would make you the biggest pussy. great. now if its for personal reasons, then fuck it, count away, just try and do a few nice thought out ones here and there so i can catch some shit worth flicking every once in a while. 90% of the cars i see are still blank, so theres definately still a need for quantity.

later.

Re: Re: QUALITY IS WHAT COUNTS

Originally posted by chester copperpot

as far as counting goes, just know that if you're a sucker to begin with you'll still be a sucker even if you've got 10,000 trains. you'll never be better than anyone else no matter what you do. in the end graffiti's pretty stupid, and freights are concittered to be a pretty pussy thing to paint by most people in the world anyway. so if you did the most freights i guess that would make you the biggest pussy. great. now if its for personal reasons, then fuck it, count away, just try and do a few nice thought out ones here and there so i can catch some shit worth flicking every once in a while. 90% of the cars i see are still blank, so theres definately still a need for quantity.

later.

hahaha...awesome.

Originally posted by Average White Railfan

i think im gonna quit this year. much more fun sitting on the computer talking shit about painting. when my friends call me to paint they cant reach me cause im on the computer...ha ha ha...fucken suckers..!

fuck numbers..im tryin to make elete member by the end of the year!

hehe

Re: QUALITY IS WHAT COUNTS

i see a lot of worm stuff thats small not to mention a lot of other dudes that go small as well, so what your saying is that you will go over them just cause its a "small" fresh piece?

let me clear something up

if a fresh rare car rolls into one of my spots

and there is a 2 foot hight 6 foot wide piece on it

and its either go home empty handed or cover it with a real piece

you damn right im gonna cover it up

all these kids doing tiny ass pieces so they can hit 600 in year or whatever

their motive is need to stop wasting panels..

and as for anyone kid who crys about their throwups

on a freight is a moron straight up

maybe if they hit some real spots in theircity they wouldnt

have to do throwups on trains

let me clear something up

if a fresh rare car rolls into one of my spots

and there is a 2 foot hight 6 foot wide piece on it

and its either go home empty handed or cover it with a real piece

you damn right im gonna cover it up

I'd just go over the door or the other panel, maybe both...to each his own.

Guest krowteN

you guys are idiots. how often is it that you have to cover up someone on a freight? how often do you have a spot where theres one car in the spot with pieces on both sides (nyc & california excluded). get real this shit aint the subways. you herbs are 'freight heads' and if there are some blank off brand ridged car and 1 vintage yadda yadda yadda car with a piece between the numbers and the doors your gonna go over it. its not tuff to do that shit, and its less tuff to talk about it here.. the person you cover up is probably never gonna see you in real life anyway. ive seen so many pieces over people on the numbers side just because you herbs are afriad of the bar (door rail), or afraid of the door. i never go over people because theres far too many freights out there to paint to be going over people. quit tryin to make this freight shit something that its not. you motherfuckers aint thugs and gangsters, theres no need to beating up people in the yards etc. that day is done. get a grip on reality you herbs!

let me say one thing...i would be very pissed off if someone went over one of my fr8s, i go out and drive far to get them done, then some dickhead decides its not worth seeing anymore...fuck that, who ever does that shit is a straight up bitch and shouldn't be painting trains

Archived