Döner kebab appreciation thread

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I wanna see local German pics @Deine Mudder

i miss em so much and gyro or shwarma don’t measure up. You got something special. 

Yea I hardly eat meat any more but if I find a good one I'll have one if I'm in the mood.

Berlin may be the Döner capital of the world but there are a lot of shit ones here I'm afraid. Proper ones are few, and far between.

The ones in your pics up there don't look too bad on first sight but you can tell with the first two the meat has been cut with a machine, proper Döner places don't do this (a lot do though because it doesn't require skill and is quicker to do).

Don't diss the Sharwama though!

It's a different thing obviously, different spices, different vibe.. but there are some amazing ones to be had here, Moroccan places usually..

Gyros though! That's something else..

I think I haven't had this greasy Greek shit since uni 😅

• Like 2
  • Props 1

There was a good one in Seattle but they kicked homeboy out after 9-11 because who would want an Iranian physicist making the best sandwiches in town.

Kinda of like tacos, even okay ones are good but really stellar ones are hard to find in many places. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morton said:

There was a good one in Seattle but they kicked homeboy out after 9-11 because who would want an Iranian physicist making the best sandwiches in town.

That's some based cancel culture right there.