Yeonmi Park podcast

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 8/5/2021 at 9:56 PM, metronome said:

I have her appearance on Fridman's podcast in queue.  

Okay, finished listening to this one last night.  The first hour was mostly fluff and in the second hour she starts opening up and comes with some opinions on things I was a little taken aback to hear.

She spent 4 years at Columbia and was calling out the farce that post secondary is slowly becoming with D&I focus and the obsession with deconstructing concepts vs scientific curiosity.  She drew parallels between NK and the USA with regards to thought censorship etc

She also didn't hold back criticizing China at all, and typically Lex doesn't like to wade into politics (more something I'd expect on Rogan's show) and he didn't try and steer her back to philosophy too much.  I was expecting it to be more of an expose on average life in NK, and there was some of that, just went a little deeper than I expected based on knowing very little about her. 

• Like 1