💵💵💵 CFO Class 💵💵💵

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ABNB has potential but I am not about to pay what they want for a share right now. I'll let it level out for a while.

DASH is ridiculous. I can't believe people would pay like $150 for a share of that bullshit company. 

Sold my PFE and MRNA, I feel the vaccine run is over. STONKS ONLY GO UP

• Truth 1

On 12/18/2020 at 12:52 PM, Kalashnikov said:

DASH is ridiculous. I can't believe people would pay like $150 for a share of that bullshit company. 

doordash's valuation was criminal. food delivery just isn't all that lucrative and their profitability came about ** because ** of the pandemic. i doubt they would have IPO'd this year otherwise 

On 12/23/2020 at 9:44 AM, Elena Delle Donne said:

doordash's valuation was criminal. food delivery just isn't all that lucrative and their profitability came about ** because ** of the pandemic. i doubt they would have IPO'd this year otherwise 

It's still pretty high. ABNB actually has potential, although I personally wouldn't buy in at current share price. But yeah, the options gambler in me wants to sell long-term puts on DoorDash lol.

I used DoorDash this past weekend, for the first time only because my company gave me a gift card. I ordered some Mexican... just a combination platter (2 sopes, 2 flautas, 2 gorditas, 1 quesadilla) and a burrito. It was $45 with tip, and of course it was like halfway cold by the time I got it. Had I actually picked it up, it would have been maybe $25-28ish. Maybe I'm just cheap but I typically only use food delivery when I'm either sick and don't have energy to cook, or I'm just so busy at whatever time that I can't be bothered. Both of those are pretty rare, at least since March.

Once people really start getting vaccinated and we put COVID behind us, I think that stock price is going to dive.

• Like 1

any takes on opendoor? 

i bought for long term but read an argument against their model that has mostly swayed me to sell when i am out of the red again. in short, it said opendoor will never be on a path to great profitability because buying a home in their position takes the shape of one of three scenarios (in an otherwise relatively stable market) and they're all bad in their own ways: 

1). opendoor buys a home for about market value, does minor work, and relists it. this is their ideal scenario and represents a small margin for them at best. their model, and profitability, means that they need to do this constantly

2). they buy for under market value, do minor work, and relist. this nets a bigger margin, but will leave a bad taste in the mouth of most buyers once they find out, and they will. that reputation will spread. also, existing predatory home flippers already exist in all markets to vacuum up gullible people and take their homes from under them for a song, so opendoor will be competing with them for people who can/do sell homes at less than market value.

3). they buy for over market value and lose money on the sale. no explanation needed. 

their placement in the sunbelt states might mean they are in a better position to sell homes owned by retirees who die and whose kids/executors of the will are off in another state. but i still see an uphill road here 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne

14 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

What do you think about short selling this one?

It probably would work in your favor. The risk adverse side of me says to wait a little while longer to see how it will fare, but so far it's down 22% since IPO and the downward trend seems to be continuing. I think that people realize it's overvalued. You have to figure in a few months, we'll have more people vaccinated and the general comfort level in regards to going out and living life again is going to climb, thus making food delivery less desired than right now.

Your risk tolerance may vary, I'm pretty bearish on this one though honestly. I'd go for it. But then again, what the fuck do I know?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...