Graff Girls

K-Rock

You know it!

You know I love you girl!!

yer my leatle princess! lol

and phem9 is my leatle dove bar ha!

and UnFamous is my leatle litter box....haha just kidding.

Okay now I'm just being an asshole.

I'm just playing.

Devilush send me an email. I miss our chats.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ElleGenie

Why don't you quit fucking telling us what to do and post some of your stuff you fucking know it all.

[/size]

I didn't say I knew everything I was just voicing my own opinion and thought. Because of my own personal feelings about graf I would and will not post my own flixs because I do not self promote. I don't care about any fame and if you see my work then you see it, if you don't then you don't.

"expand from your basics and take it to the next level like the males"

"do something. Stop sticking to the basic forms of the letter or using fonts."

You're not telling us what to do? You're not trying to push you're ideals of graffiti on to us?

I have to go to work so I'm going to type this fast and it may be a bit unorganized.

Everyone has their own opinion about graffiti, which is fine. To share your opinion is also fine. But you won't convince myself or any other woman who reads this thread to change her style, standards, opinion or personal goal in graffiti. We all paint for our own reasons. We paint what we like. We paint what reflects us as individuals. While we all strive to avoid the ever defeating "You're pretty good for a girl", we don't want to compromise our integrity as a female writer by doing what all the guys do just to be considered one of the guys. I think it's important to remember that we are women writers and men will forever see a difference between us and them. If that be the case they may as well see just who we really are as women writers and see our individual styles for what they are. Just as men do shit their way, women have their own ways of doing and going about things. It should be celebrated that as women we're pretty damn good in our right. Where we may not be able to do everything men can, there are some things we can do that they can't. And quite frankly I don't ever want to be "like the males" as you say, because I don't see anything wrong with being a female.

I get this overall feeling that you paint to fit in or you want to paint in a certain way so that you will fit in. You don't have to do that. Just be who you are, and paint what you feel like -that's where true style comes from.

Also I don't believe your "i don't want to self-promote" cop out. I doubt you have anything to show (for how much you've run your mouth).

Elle G...you said it girl!!!! U remind me of Carrie A. Nation! Ever hear of her?

It's funny how sum writers put all these rules on themselves.

If u put yer work out there when u paint, isn't that (in it self) "self promotion"?

At sum point it will be seen so why restrict yerself on what route it takes? R u afraid of feedback? This is a site on graf right? Feel free to share yer work. I know sum jus like 2 look & talk about what they'd prefer to see. Ok, woudn't want u 2 break yer rules or anything.

It's obvious here that even simples can reflect yer own style n e way, & it is hard 2 pull off a good simple, or well done font! Sum get 2 wild 2 soon & can't even do a good simple. U don't have 2 get psycho on yer letters all the time. It's important to do what U like. Simples, or wildstyle, or characters, or whatever!

For me life is psycho enuf. I'm jus having fun when I paint.

Hey Siloe, that's a great wall! U r so talented, and a lucky lady 2! Wow!

Yabity...e-mail me about a trade.

i personally think girls in graff are cool as shit. its a new perspective. and the person above who was talking about graff being a self promotion in itself hit the nail on the head. i dont care what anyone says, you are painting to see your shit, to be recognized, and for peoples attention. if you werent worried about any of that then you surely wouldnt be painting outside, you would be drawing in your sketch pad. granted some people take it to extremes like sending in 500 flicks to mags and stuff, but when it all comes down to it... who cares? if you are just one person painting by yourself and dont know anyone, you can be dope as shit, but you will never have a name cause most of a "name" is from people you know or crews your with. its sad but its true.

and besides what could be better than a girl writer...... you can do a mans 2 favorite things... paint then have sex. if your lucky like me. :D

girls wat write are good for the scene its all about a mixture involved in the graff scene, this way it will expand even more. my best friend is a girl wat writes, and no she dont just paint hall of fames this girl is up quite a lot in my city, shit i do pure silvers in the city centre with her and she does her own thing, plus steel as well this girl is pure hardcore i guess ive rubbed off on here a bit. i have much respect for here and love her to bits. much respect to all the other graff ladys out there, keep doing ur own thing and wat feels right dont listen to other writers sayin " oh shes a girl " girl writers rock shit:D

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

next island over........

i only no of one graff girl in england wat bombs n shit:mad: :mad: .......girls in england need to reconize and get on it. wen i get some flix developed of her stuff i will post it up anyways, some nice panels, silvers etc....

Archived