Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just now, One Man Banned said:

Haha, heard this on Howard Stern.  Dude got all bent for being called Fredo and compared that to the N word for Italians?!?!  Also funny that CNN stated they stand behind him.

He also compared journalists being called fake news to being called the n word for black ppl. Thankfully CNN at least called him out on that one and made him apologize on air. He's such a clown he did it again

14 hours ago, Mercer said:

Oh shit...

208390147_ScreenShot2019-08-13at6_33_11PM.png.ab6d3bfdd403f24a692349479aa636ed.png

Glad this all finally got mentioned, was waiting on it.  The media take on this has been that the people of Hong Kong are fighting a proposed change in law that would allow HK to send those arrested for certain crimes to mainland China for prosecution.  The people of HK have stated a fear that this could be used to try to silence and/or punish people who speak out against the government, for example.  HK and Taiwan maintain a certain level of much disputed  independence from China for those who don't know.  So it was interesting for me to talk to someone from Taiwan a few weeks ago and be like hey, Taiwan must be kind of happy about HKs proest and disruption, eh?  Saying fuck you China, we're maintaining our own laws here.  Was surprised to find this was not the case at all.  What I was told, that has not been reported in the US media I have seen, is what started this.  They said that someone from HK brutally raped/murdered a girl in Taiwan and then escaped to HK.  HK has refused to extradite the person back to Taiwan to answer the charges, which is what led to discussion of changing the extradition laws.  I think most of us will agree that there are real concerns of how the Chinese government could abuse such a law.  On the other hand, I believe most of us might feel a bit uneasy about a child raper/killer walking around.  Discuss?

NY Times reported the story back in like June or July about the murder/protest connection, and the original murder in March. 

From what i read Taiwan has a pretty strong “get fucked” attitude when it comes to extradition as well. 

It sounds slippery. If Taiwan says get fucked, Hong Kong can say get fucked. Unless maybe they agree to work together and still tell China to get fucked. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
Added specifics about the NY Times reporting.