moving abroad

yonis

Go and explore the catacombs, they sound fucking awesome. Also go and explore/write lots of graffiti in the metro tunnels.

I moved to Copenhagen in Denmark 2 days after my 18th birthday. I was similarly lucky in that I had some family over there and knew a few people.

My best advice is to not get depressed in the first few months when you don't know many people, don't know the city to well and are struggling to find work. Shit is difficult at first but it's important to not get disillusioned.

Start frequenting a few bars that look like they have your sort of people. Be outgoing, talk to everyone and milk the fact that you are new and different. This will make people remember you which will result in you making friends quicker and also getting some of that sweet foreign pussy.

Now that people know you you will hopefully find it a lot easier to find work. In my experience, connections are everything when finding employment in a foreign country.

Good luck kicking your addiction+starting a new life for yourself.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that cool a story. They wont allow anybody in with a criminal history.

Pretty sure this includes DUI and other reasonably mild charges. Tried to

cross the border to Windsor some years back, they searched my car and

turned me back around. Pain in the ass really because you can cut hours

off the drive time to the east coast by cutting across ontario to NY.

Whats really sorta ironic is my pops is Canadian or could be very easily

if he wanted. No naturalization or anything like that. My grandma was

a canadian citizen.

I got in with like 4 graffiti arrests and 2 convictions.

Any advice on which countries would be the most American/foreigner friendly to move to.

Ive been thinking about doing this for the past 3 years almost and the more I stay where im at the more I want to dip the fuck out.

Any advice would be awesome, Ive been outside the country but only to touristy spots like the Caribbean and such.

I dont know anyone that smokes or sells hash, havent for years everyone just wants bud

Is this in the UK or on the continent? The countries which were somewhat geographically close to Morroco I found hash to be more common. (So france, spain and portugal are mainly what I mean).

I haven't been there for a little while though, maybe things have changed. I'll report back in a couple months.

In was considering

Canada, as a first step

Australia, even though every deadly fucking animal on earth thrives there

South America, anywhere really that doesn't hate gringos

Czech Republic, art and beautiful womens

Ireland, just don't know how well their economy is doing

Amsterdam, but I heard the party is over

Spain, nothing bad to say at all

Is this in the UK or on the continent? The countries which were somewhat geographically close to Morroco I found hash to be more common. (So france, spain and portugal are mainly what I mean).

I haven't been there for a little while though, maybe things have changed. I'll report back in a couple months.

Im in the UK hash was smoked when I was a teen but nowadays and for the last 15 years or so everyone I knwo or come into contact with is all bud

yea yea yea buy me a camera.... and i have joined the bandwagon and MOVED aboard.. so i guess the title can be changed to living in frogland or something as quasi gay as that

Go and explore the catacombs, they sound fucking awesome. Also go and explore/write lots of graffiti in the metro tunnels.

blah blah blah

Good luck kicking your addiction+starting a new life for yourself.

thanks... ive been going out every day so far except for once. tomorrow im going to start looking for work, and go walk around by myself and shit............ and yea the tunnels are smashed like no other nd i saw a whole train the other day which was sick, the whole t2b and e2e crushed.... in a tunnel though.

the fact that i know like a little core group of 3 or 4 people helps tremendously as i'll be also able to branch off them.. and my family... and my work once i start hopefully. it should be fun thgh... i feel a lot better than when i left the us mentally/emotionally and what not... the extent of my withdrawels have just been having the shits. mentally since i'm chilling hard with the alcohol since i'm of age here and i think that helps a lot...............................

why dont you smoke hash instead of bud? seems common practice in europe.

there is hash and weed in thqt joint... however i hate the hash here in france, from nice to paris, every hash i've smoked doesnt compare to pot or the hash i was able to get back in nyc... i literally don't feel anything from it (my friend gave me the hash and thats why i used it).

Why do they even make Oxys? Ive heard nothing but bad about that shit.. Is it for severe pain or something?

to get white upper class people addicted to opiates, duh. and yes it's a pain killer thats basically just heroin made by the government

It depends on what youre looking for and also what kind of person you are bud.

Spain is a nice place, the only downside is finding work in spain. Teaching english is a staple for many expats, so maybe you could figure things out.

If you'e a person who gets satisfaction from being soemwhere very different and challenging you can try south am or central / eastern block. To be honest I don't think these are very difficult places in general (compared to other places), but they are bit different from canada for example.

About going abroad with some sense of adventure or whatever you'd like to call it (a taste for something different n/h) I've been to/ lived in some pretty aweful countries now frankly speaking, and you're kind of like 'sure this is a unique experience but why the fuck am I putting mysellf in this unsavoury and sometimes potentially dangerous place when i could be in valencia drinking wine and coke and lounging on the beach?' So have a think about it.

The best thing to do is start by looking at the countries that appeal through travel guides like http://www.lonelyplanet.com and just on google etc. See what sounds awesome and ask around. Also you're in college right? Look into exchange or soemwhere which might benefit your career whaever that may be. Working abroad is often impressive to potential employers. As is speaking a second language.

• Like 1

Im in the UK hash was smoked when I was a teen but nowadays and for the last 15 years or so everyone I knwo or come into contact with is all bud

Australia is similar, hash was not very popular.

In france spain and portugal its mainly hash (esp in spain and port). But it's been a little while since I've been there.

its mainly like that for sure........ the only time i've smelled pot on the streets was when a friend or i was smoking it. it's like anything you just gotta know where to look, and as an american spending 20E on a 1.5 bag is totally worth it than spending 20E on a stick that does jack shit..............

also a lot of the hash from n. africa goes to the south of france (gets stepped on), then to the north (stepped on more) and then sometimes back down to the south (which by then is complete shit). at least you can't cut weed that easily.

thats true, I linked up with this kid in portugal. He's a distant associate in Australia I don't really have much respect for, but we were in Lisbon at the same time so we met up.

He was silly enough to buy some hash on the street and it was aweful. But from what I saw if you have some local friends in the know you'll get something which is better quality. I even just saw a spanish truck driver very politely ask a young morrocan looking br0 if he could get him some hash and the guy came back with some stuff that smelt ok.

If you prefer bud then obviously do that though.

I was genuinely interested to see where this thread would go, I saw it was at 5 pages so I decided to read. In summary you've moved to Paris, taken a rack of shitty blackberry pictures and found weed/your Oxy stash. Now this thread has turned into you and that other Nurka debating who has the best hash.

I am disappoint.

I moved abroad. Best decision I ever made.

I got a job, nice apt, and its super easy for me to travel to Europe and Asia now. I'm going to get myself a scuba diving certification and ball hard. I got plans to travel to Italy too, life's looking good since I moved.