Zines, booklets - Publishing help! InDesign and all that stuff.

9 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

yo @One Man Banned

anything ever come of this?

still trying to inspire.

that way I can get some inspiration back as well.

Eh.... not really.  I don't have a program to make a zine and not motivated to purchase one.  I've considered a more DIY/punk zine look and definitely have an appreciation after seeing someone, possibly @misteraven or maybe from that mag show, posted a layout for an old mag where everything was hand cut/pasted to make the pages, centerfold, etc., that took some work.

In the meantime I started taking some things from my stash and making them into stickers and then letting them travel through the wild.  I'm not on social media to know how frequently they get noticed but I do know from others that they get seen.  I've also taken a flick and made it into a t-shirt just for me and a buddy.

Long term it would still be nice to do something small, maybe 100 copies to put out plus a few extras to send to the homies.  Add in some of the stickers I've been doing too.  Can it happen in 2024?  That remains to be seen.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 4/28/2021 at 6:24 AM, Media One said:

Made a 4th tag zine for the local scene. First time I’d done it full colour and everyone seemed happy with it. Currently in the process of getting photos of tags for  a 5th mag which is the longest bit but also the most fun. 
I really want to try make an old school xerox style thing using cut out hardcopies etc but haven’t found the motivation yet 😩

How you going @Media One
do I owe you a zine?
pretty sure you might have sent one and I never replied.

or maybe it was photos?

sorry man!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

How you going @Media One
do I owe you a zine?
pretty sure you might have sent one and I never replied.

or maybe it was photos?

sorry man!

Possibly could be either! It’s been a while since I’ve traded with folks on 12oz mind you