Zines, booklets - Publishing help! InDesign and all that stuff.

19 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

@One Man Banned

just bumping this thread again and looked through last few posts. did you ever make the zine?

Nah.  I started a folder with select content for it but as you can imagine even looking just at the past few years there's a lot to go through to narrow down to a DIY looking/I just bootlegged my own zine type zine.  

I may have taken a piece or 2 of select content and turned it into stickers that may or may not be traveling the country.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

@Schnitzel nice hope they turn out good. any goals for a completion date in mind?

The completion date is ASAP!

still have to get it printed and sold etc.

My original plan was to have it ready for christmas but that's not gonna happen.

Trying really hard to do 4 pages a day so far today I have done 6 so I'm doing okay.

for the rebuild of the original zines we're in final 50 pages and thankfully at least 16 are just drag and drop.

and I've just found the printers wont be able to do a cover so I have to find another printer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 9:35 PM, LUGR said:

No reason why not, just take some effort.

Do you know why the original was taken down though? I'm just wondering if it was a mod decision that could be repeated again if we started a new thread or if it was the OP.

I have a gang of zines mostly bay stuff from the 90s - present but also some others sprinkled in I would be down to do my part. I'm always looking for people to trade with so it could help. I already dedicated a good portion of my teen years to this forum no reason I can't make a come back and waste some more.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

3 hours ago, Deep_Rest said:

Do you know why the original was taken down though? I'm just wondering if it was a mod decision that could be repeated again if we started a new thread or if it was the OP.

I have a gang of zines mostly bay stuff from the 90s - present but also some others sprinkled in I would be down to do my part. I'm always looking for people to trade with so it could help. I already dedicated a good portion of my teen years to this forum no reason I can't make a come back and waste some more.

It was not disappeared by the mods.

Please make a come back. Would love to see some of that 90’s Bay Area funk you speak of.

• Truth 1

• 1 month later...

Trying to work out whether or not to print my book.

The presales have been so disappointing and I've only raised about 12% of my printing costs  (and that's now that I've reduced the quantity potentially being printed)

I can't reduce quantity any further because the unit cost goes up too high.

I can cover the costs with no issue but I am not sure if I want to if I'm going to have piles of books in my shed.

I can't sell it overseas unless I just pick a figure for postage and go for it. but

Either way, I think it's dead in the water.:classic-sad:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Decided to forge ahead anyway but hit some issues at the printers that I cannot make head or tail of.

fuck this fucking project

/end rant

What are the printing issues?  Bummer to hear you are having so many issues.

something to do with the imposition of the pages. the pdf I've sent for some reason stops the pages from registering correctly so page 3 will look fine but page 4 which is on the other side of the paper isn't aligned.

hopefully fixed now.  - if not think it's time to pull the pin and revisit in future.

@Fist 666 that's a very kind thought. I think mine is a little amateurish for 12oz distribution. 

not saying it's shit but it's appeal in the US would be very minimal!

when I  have it completed I'll share a bit more so you guys can see what I mean.

it's essentially a reissue of my old graff zine I made

• Like 2

Maybe that's a way for Raven to both demonstrate that what he does is in fact better than everyone else, but he's still in touch with the common man. 

Just spitballing, but maybe there's a way for the store to push zines, too. A "Commoners' Corner," if you will.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1