Help my GF with her school project. MAC -vs PC

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1. PC

A) I grew up with PC's and am much more familiar with its interface

B )I play computer games. All games are released for PC, next to none are released for Mac (unless that has changed)

C) I can freely upgrade the hardware of my computer, and can choose from a slew of different products and companies to upgrade to.

D) I don't have to buy proprietary software/hardware for every god damn little thing I want to hook up to my PC. iTunes isn't necessary (god I hate iTunes). File types aren't restricted to only my brand of computer.

E) I can build my own from scratch

A) Viruses are annoying, well... they were annoying.. I haven't seen a virus in at least 10 years.

B )Windows has been around for quite some time and should be easier to navigate at times. (When trying to change a certain function, or stop a certain thing from happening)

C) When an error occurs I should be told a lot more about the error. "Error xz3 occurred because of (uninformative 'information'). The computer should give me a detailed list of how this happened, and what could be done to fix it.

D) That's pretty much it.

If I have to buy an already assembled computer - Mac and then sell it so I can buy the actual parts for the computer I want.

If I can build my own - PC.

5. 27

1. Do you own a Mac or PC?

mac

2. Give me 5 reasons why you love it

-i liked the way everything is organized and its easy to navigate through folders if you are ever looking for a specific file somewhere.

-i don't want to think about typing run and some sort of nerdy commands in order to find whats the matter with my computer (i never have problems with the mac os)

-99% of software that i have ever wanted is now available for mac

-never crashes

-mac girls give the best head

3. Give me 5 reasons why you hate it

-i used to have to wait forever for the mac compatible software to become available

-cant run key gens

-can be expensive

-they like to discontinue parts pretty quickly just so you will buy a new computer (i have 2 useless g3 labtops just because the battery is no longer made)

-drivers for printers/scanners/cameras etc can sometimes be hard to come by

4. If you won a contest and the prize was buying the computer of your choice, would you buy a Mac or a PC?

mac (fuck a pc)

5. Your age (or range if you prefer)

1. Do you own a Mac or PC? (If both, pick one)

A: I own a PC with Vista and Ubuntu.

A: Cheaper than a mac

2b. Easy to upgrade parts

2c. The variety of programs available

2d. PC was easy to learn on how to use it

2e. MANY PEOPLE HAVE IT, so once something goes wrong, there is more help available.

3. Give me 5 reasons why you hate it

A: Once you get a virus, its a bitch to find it and delete it. However, if you are smart, you would download programs and such to keep your computer clean and also be smart enough to stay away from websites/programs that will infect your computer.

3b. Having to back up your computer from time to time. I have an external hardrive and i use it to back up everything, just in case.

3c. Programs that freeze for running too many processes/tasks.

3d. Drivers that stop working, and you have to go inside the pc to unplug it and plug it in to reset it.

3e. Gathering many programs to keep your computer in top shape.

4. If you won a contest and the prize was buying the computer of your choice, would you buy a Mac or a PC?

A: I would go with PC and get Alienware as well.

A. 15-19

B. 20-29

C. 30-39

D. 40-50

E. All the above

A. E

Well...

That was interesting.

She was able to pick through the unintelligible and irrelevant babble and get some data for the project.

She thanks those of you who were able to give some decent answers and at least got some lolz from the rest.

Feel free to continue posting answers for those late to the game.

--Both Prefer a Mac

--Runs flawlessly, can run multiple super cpu intensive programs at once, easy OS to navigate, most windows programs are available for mac, and I like the trackpad on my macbook pro.

3. Give me 5 reasons why you hate it (For example, I LOVE my mac, but I could name some reasons why it frustrates me as well)

--retarded expensive, cant get all programs that are available for pc, gaming sucks on macs, you have to do some finger twister to accomplish using shortcut keys, and fuck itunes.

--Mac

Dear Oontzers, help my lady out by answering these couple questions below...

Props will be given and junk.

I have a favor to ask of you. I need to collect data for a school project and have changed my focus to the Mac vs. PC debate. Bojangles (PC) and I (Mac) had another one of our "colorful" conversations about this subject last night and I decided to use it as the basis for a visualization project I am working on. I would love your help, so if you could respond and answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it!

3. Give me 5 reasons why you hate it (For example, I LOVE my mac, but I could name some reasons why it frustrates me as well)

1. mac

2. never needs to scan for malware

easy to use

doesn't crash

good programs built in

easy to backup

3. hard to upgrade

company is sorta money-grubbing

wants to control whether i pirate music

needs a different version of common, easy-to-steal-when-pc software

dunno