How to correctly raise a dog

Decyferon

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dont let your dog get use to jumping all over your furniture ad laying on your couch or bed...

he might be a puppy and you think awwww he is so cute but if he gets use to jumping around on your stuff the you will have ruined smelly dog hair infested furniture

....and thats just gross for your little girl and visitors

train that little shit not to jump on people when they come over...

shit is super annoying, especially when i am rocking my brand new Ecko jump suit.

Well he slept fine last night in the kitchen, only waking and whining a few times, had to keep an eye on him because the cat has been looking at him funny, she jumped at him yesterday but the few times they have got close the cat either runs or taps him on the nose with her paw (no claws so props to her).

Being in the kitchen certainly helps from a house training point of view, he had a training mat and when I came down he had used that so rewarded him with positive reinforcement and some treats.

My son is a little wary around him, he has never been around dogs, so I am going to teach my son to show the dog he is boss, I have explained to him that a dog will try an see the pecking order and i will teach my son the nexk and ass thing as well. Think he just needs to get used to it.

The puppy is very good actually rather than jumping all over me he will now sit and wait for me until I invite him to play and jump around, so everything is going well at the moment, just got to drill it into my wife that it is a fucking dog and not a baby (my mate has just picked up a short legged staff as well and his GF is treating it like a baby as well, what is the deal with that!!)

He did eye up a pair of my Puma, nipped that in the bud straight away and he knows not to chew shoes!

i have to say, i don't mind dogs jumping on me.

i also have pretty clean dogs.

they are allowed on the sofa (thankfully very well protected with blankets) but not in the bed. no effin way. i've heard (dunno if it's true) that if you bed with them they won't respect you as much, because you're making it out like the dog is an equal.

Punish but dont punish with your hand. Use a rolled newspaper. A lot of the times its not the actual contact of hitting them but the over all noise that scares them. They dig holes in the backyard? drop black pepper and shover their nose in it. Do the same if they use the restroom in the house, without the pepper though. Speak to your dog. Award them when they do good things with lil bites of stuff etc.

Some people think punishing dogs are like punishing kids.....no physical contact. BUll! There isnt anything wrong with a quick slap.

Yeah, I hand out a quick smack to the butt when my dog is getting out of control. It's actually hilarious because when I do it she just stops still and stares at whatever for a second.

One thing with some dogs is food allergies. We had to go through five different foods before we found one that made her shit solid. Until then, she was an ice cream machine. Chicken makes her itchy, so that's something to keep tabs on with your dog as well. He/she might shit solid, but is scratching constantly. That could be a food allergy.

The thing with shoving the dog's nose in anything, is the timing. You have to do it only when you catch them in the act because if it's after the fact, they don't understand.

Definitely don't feed them human food, but this doesn't guarantee they won't beg. We never give our dog food from the table, but she still swims around at our feet like a shark or begs.