The Town

SwampFightOner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movie was alright/pretty damn good, not nearly sarcastic or Racist enough to be a real movie about Charlestown.

THIS... one racist part in a 2 hr movie about most any white neighborhood in boston is at least 20 parts lacking...

and though i very much liked the movie the humor and accents in Good Will Hunting were far better...

link to watch?

its out there.

great story. I should have read the book instead.

no idea who casey afleck is but Ben was solid until

he got mixed up with jen Lopez. He pretty much

hung himself out to dry on that and sealed it with that movie

they made together. Then she played him and

much respect for him was lost... This film won

him some points back for sure.

THIS... one racist part in a 2 hr movie about most any white neighborhood in boston is at least 20 parts lacking...

and though i very much liked the movie the humor and accents in Good Will Hunting were far better...

For sure, I don't know what it was but it felt like it was missing something. Great as a whole but they could've added a similar role to Mark Wahlberg's in the Departed. I lived in Charlestown for a third of my life and was expecting more since I know the area so well. It delivered pretty well but one thing they got wrong was that there ain't no rats in Charlestown. Do some searching online for the Charlestown Code of Silence, its some real shit - lots of murders and absolutely no witnesses ever.

http://www.justice.gov/dea/major/charlestown.htm

oh shit....my bad man....lol....i didnt even see you post that!

i was on a date and i dont think she woulda liked it if i pulled out the camcorder.

by the way, fucking fat girls is fun, but sitting next to one in the movie theater sucks!...she took up the entire arm rest and didnt share any of the raisinets or mr. pibb :(