helping friends move HATE thread

acer910

i-cant-believe-this-shit.jpg&ei=5Z8BTNz6DIT68AaF58ifDQ&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNHhKeRFL9cIQuDiP1ASbd5FInVURQ

fucker calls me up a few days in advance wanting to know if i could help them out a bit when they move. so I say sure, little did i know they would be expecting me at 9 in the fucking morning on SATURDAY of MEMORIAL day weekend. aka the BUSIEST weekend at the beach. whatever, no big deal. So i show up, expecting the customary "hey im not paying you to help, but have some beer" deal and theres no fucking beer! and to top it off, turns out they only packed ONE room. and im the ONLY person to show up to help. so its me and 2 other people packing an entire fucking house, ferrying it over in 2 pickup trucks to the next house about 5 minutes away and unloading. from NINE am to SEVEN fucking pm.

FUCK you if you expect your friends to waste their saturday helping you do shit you should have done by yourself.

/rant

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this is why older people have very few friends. for instance, my dad never answers the phone past midnight. his logic? "I've never received a good phone call after midnight"

you should have done what the rest of his friends did... not answer his phone call. or just not show up. it's always easier to get forgiveness.

i helped a friend move from 10am until 6pm last weekend. She told me she'd buy me beer and take me out for a nice dinner with her parents, since they were going to be in town later that week. Instead, i ended up paying for a bunch of the food we grilled that night, only ended up getting 1 burger out of said food since i was stuck manning the grill while other people meandered by and grabbed anything and everything that i had pulled off of it, bought my own beer, she never called me when they were in town, and now she went out of town for a couple of weeks. Lame as fuck. Me and the other guy helping also ended up doing like 95% of the work, because lord knows a female is no help when it comes to hauling anything heavy.

• Like 1

She's a good friends girlfriend...and she's fat. I probably should've included that information. I'll give her grief about it next time i see her though and demand whiskey and weed, though i am bummed i didn't get to take advantage of an expensive meal and drinks with her parents.

To be honest, i'm not really upset and would've helped her regardless of if she had said she'd give me food and beer, i just don't like when people promise things and then completely ignore said promises.

• Like 1