Me vs. Root Canal (Dental Rebirth x 2.0)

JustHereForTheNight

SO I had this gaping crater of a molar rotting away in my mouth and after much waiting, the insurance is in place, the appointment is made and it's obvious I need major reconstructive work on the tooth.

Root canals, if you're not familiar, are where the tooth is gutted by a cavity and the dentist goes in, scoops out all the rot and then fills it up with tooth resin.

But in between there is much grinding, and drilling. You smell your tooth cooking under the pressure of the drill. You see lot's of stuff being passed by the assistant to the dentist...lot's of little rubber slivers and dental pins are stuffed in and topped off with resin that soldered and it smells like sweet plastic going up in flames.

Then the anesthesia wears off later in the day and your mouth is ridiculously sore from the three giant shots you get inside your mouth for all the numbing agent.

And the best part is paying out the cash you had stacked for a trip to handle the co-pay.

300.00 up front with another 345 paid out over the next 3 months.

But it doesn't hurt to brush anymore. And girls can stop bitching about my bad breath.

Life continues to throw bullshit my way.

But at least that whole tooth episode is out of the way.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

RIS27.jpg

Act like I wasn't getting fucking root canals on my teeth when I was nine. If you think that's pain, wait until you have no insurance and a mouth full of rotted teeth from years of meth and Now-and-Later abuse. I pulled a gold pin out of my own gums just a week ago. I kept it so I could take it to the pawn shop.

Stop being such a pussy.

damn 300 bills upfront?? i used to work at a dental office man it sounds like a hell of alot up front, but overall you got a good price, alot of them will cost over 1000 bucks depending on the tooth. god damn i can smell that smell your talking about just thinking about it...brush up kids!! seriously, ive seen some fucked up grills and spending 5 min a day can save you a hell of alot of cash and some pain

Shit aint even painful. As somebody who's had 7, yes, seven fucking root canals (three in one sitting) - I'd call it more of a nuisance than anything else. It's a time consuming and tedious procedure. You might have some sore chompers for a day or two afterwords. But honestly, no big. Just make sure you get your shit crowned. That's where I fucked up. They crammed three R/C's in at one sitting so as to finish before my insurance ran out. Plans were made for crowns and the castings were fit. A few weeks later when my insurance went dry on me and the crowns were all ready - I couldn't afford the finishing touches. So now I have a few rotted out molars with gold pins sticking out of my fucking gums. One of the pins was loose so I simply pulled the fucker out.

Tooth pain is a bitch so lay off the Sugar Daddy's.

I hadn't been to the dentist in probably 10 years and then I got dental insurance.

Those motherfuckers had me in there no less than six times just to get me back in working order.

None of it was bad, just cavities filled and some wisdom teeth removal.

The thing is, they did a shotty job on one of the fillings and now I can't drink/eat anything cold unless I want brutal pain.

I guess I should go yell at them and get it fixed.

No root canals for me though, thankfully.

Shit aint even painful. As somebody who's had 7, yes, seven fucking root canals (three in one sitting) - I'd call it more of a nuisance than anything else. It's a time consuming and tedious procedure. You might have some sore chompers for a day or two afterwords. But honestly, no big.

Compare it to another pain:

Punch in the mouth?

Stab wound?

Hit by a car?

Well ...

You're numbed up. And if you got it real good your dentist has Nitrous. You aren't going to feel much except for a few shots, some tugging, lots of pushing and pulling. The end result for me was just a dull, throbbing pain the day after. Nothing a bit of herb and Tylenol can't ease.

I couldn't compare the feeling to any of those three choices. It's really not bad, but then again I have an incredible tolerance for pain.

it feels like you basically got your tooth knocked out, the nitrous is where its at but you most likely wont get nitrous at a dentist, there more likely to use novocaine, oral surgeons are more likely to go with the gas, and its worth it, for sure, your sparing your self a hell of a lot more pain by going to get it done, if you let it rot out thats gonna hurt like a mother fucker

It doesn't feel good.

i don't know about some people that seem to go out of there way to get hurt, or fucked up or damaged.

Granted, if i have to deal with an accident, or a fucked up tooth, i suck it up and deal with it.

But then, i'm used to feeling good so i look for things that help that happen.

I guess when you're used to being fucked up and in pain you wanna keep that

consistency going on for yourself.

A root canal is one constant, shitty, inconvenient pain for a few days.

my two front teeth are fake. i dove into the shallow end of a cement pool when i was 9

broke them RIGHT OFF.. had shitty bonds put on that eventually turned ugly colors

just got new veneers put on them in november

they had to drill down what was remaining from my previous caps in to little stubbs

then rock temp bonds until they came in

now i'm fuckin BALLIN with a new smile

i love it