Phish 11-29-09

Avesism

saw msg the 3rd, its been my experience that writers are'nt feeling the phish, its also been my experience they aint really feeling much haha but phish is a pretty weird and eclectic band,i understand why alot of people don't get into it.if you don't get into them young,alot of people get preconceived notions and its hard to turn that around.i also think that coming from the 90's, there's something about growing up with it as a part of your counter-cultural experiences.just like raves were in the 90's ,hardcore shows at the same time the emo thing this decade.if you weren't there growing up with it, its hard to explain to someone else.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

can't find the article I was going to link, but it was by your avg music writer about his going to the first night at MSG (purely on assignment). dude broke it down proper, saying essentially, fuck what you heard, just go to the show and have fun, because you cannot deny that what you're seeing is quality, unique and awesome.

I have to take back what I said somewhat...this sounds so much like the Dead that it's eerie. In a good way.

It's amazing that the hiatus hasn't slowed them down one bit...they sound great.

edit- I just saw this link, it's hilarious if you get the jokes. (Don't watch it at work.)

i been getting into jam bands alot lately. gotta love the allman brothers. caught them with wide spread this summer, goodtimes from what i remember. also feeling tea leaf, string cheese, disco biscuits ect...band of brothers are dope, anyone got anything recorded by them? ive been trying to find some.