OBE's (out of body experiences)

lord_casek

Had them as a child, although I only recall one flying dream. The rest of the experiences

I recall are being sucked back into my body and feeling like I bounced on the bed. Always woke me up.

Been trying to have them again. Getting good results so far, but haven't achieved the total

experience. Only the mind awake/body asleep phase. Then I get scared and wake myself up.

Anyone here have OBE's regularly?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i had a weird experience kinda like this.idk if it was an out of body experience tho..i had it when i was maybe 9 or so.i remember floating over my body in my bed for a while and kinda like i floated up and out of the ceiling and dispersed in a sense.idk hard to explain it..then i woke up.i remember feeling like i was spinning around but i was laying perfectly still.idk if thats what your talking about but thats what it felt like for me.it was a weird feeling.like i was in a semiconscious state.

Yep, you had an OBE.

You can do whatever you want in an OBE. Fly, float, walk through walls, traverse the universe, etc.

When you first go in, you experience sleep paralysis. Your body locks up and you can't move

but you're conscious. Very hard to overcome the fear in this. It's not a natural feeling at all.

Next step is making your dream body separate from your real body.

I get trapped in the fear stage of paralysis. Hoping to overcome this soon.

A book

Robert Monroe "Journeys out of the body"
http://www.mediafire.com/?tyeyznlomqz

my experience wasnt scary tho.i was actually very much at peace.if i did leave my body i didnt go anywhere far.becuase i dont remember traveling or none of that stuff.but that was like 8 years ago i dont really remember alot from back then haha.

They say that OBE's are rather peaceful if you just let yourself go into it.

Dow: I had those off Ket, too. Don't think it's the same thing as lucidity and

ketamine (ketaset in my experiences) don't really go hand in hand. I saw

1920's cartoon cows dancing.....black and white cartoon cows with bouncing heads.

Ya'll are going to think I'm nuts but I've had some strange sort of OBE. FYI I was not on drugs, nor have I ever been on any.

Basically, I had been deep in study of Torah and Talmud for several hours and then went to prayers. During the Shmona Esrai (a collection of 19 prayers) I was concentrating hard on the meaning of all the words. I was at the point where anything unrelated was pushed from my mind effortlessly; complete meditation on the prayers. At some point, at which it is unclear to me, everything went away and I appeared in a gap.

It's hard to explain the gap, but it was literally nothing. From my perspective I was lying horizontally, but I knew this wasn't true. There was no spacial relations (really scary), no color, no light of its own and no time. Even though there was no space, there appeared to be something "above" me and something "below" me. I don't know what was above me. Below me was a infinite "river" it flowed, but I can't say for sure I knew what direction. Its seemed like it was going towards my feet. I tried to move around in the gap but I was stuck.

After trying to move around I felt the concept, "No," and was thrust back to "reality." When I came to, I was standing but shaking like I was freezing. Everyone around who saw me asked if I was alright. I never thought to ask anyone if they saw me when it was happening. I know what I did to achieve the feeling but I'm terrified to try it again.

You are the first people I have ever told this to.

Ya'll are going to think I'm nuts but I've had some strange sort of OBE. FYI I was not on drugs, nor have I ever been on any.

Basically, I had been deep in study of Torah and Talmud for several hours and then went to prayers. During the Shmona Esrai (a collection of 19 prayers) I was concentrating hard on the meaning of all the words. I was at the point where anything unrelated was pushed from my mind effortlessly; complete meditation on the prayers. At some point, at which it is unclear to me, everything went away and I appeared in a gap.

It's hard to explain the gap, but it was literally nothing. From my perspective I was lying horizontally, but I knew this wasn't true. There was no spacial relations (really scary), no color, no light of its own and no time. Even though there was no space, there appeared to be something "above" me and something "below" me. I don't know what was above me. Below me was a infinite "river" it flowed, but I can't say for sure I knew what direction. Its seemed like it was going towards my feet. I tried to move around in the gap but I was stuck.

After trying to move around I felt the concept, "No," and was thrust back to "reality." When I came to, I was standing but shaking like I was freezing. Everyone around who saw me asked if I was alright. I never thought to ask anyone if they saw me when it was happening. I know what I did to achieve the feeling but I'm terrified to try it again.

You are the first people I have ever told this to.

You may have experienced a WILD. A waking lucid dream. It's closely related to the OBE

I was describing.

http://self-awareness.suite101.com/article.cfm/wake_initiated_lucid_dreams

Sounds like a beautiful (/nohomo) experience. I would be trying it again. Also, talk to a Rabi about it. I bet the Jewish tradition has a neat outlook on those types of experiences.

I want to talk to a specific rabbi, but I chickened out the last time I got a chance.

The reason I am afraid to try it again is the shaking was accompanied by a feeling of awe (in the overwhelming feeling of fear/reverence way.) Maybe that's what caused the shaking.

The process I took was different than they describe in the WILD article, but I'm going to do some more research into them.

I want to talk to a specific rabbi, but I chickened out the last time I got a chance.

The reason I am afraid to try it again is the shaking was accompanied by a feeling of awe (in the overwhelming feeling of fear/reverence way.) Maybe that's what caused the shaking.

The process I took was different than they describe in the WILD article, but I'm going to do some more research into them.

The reason I mentioned WILD's is you mentioning fear. There is a certain amount of fear when entering that state.

Check out the book I upped. Bob Monroe was an expert on OBE's and lucid dreaming. May

explain some of those feelings.

this happened to me 3 times already, first one was 1991. i felt so weak that i couldnt move at all,but i see myself trying to move.pretty weird at first but i figured it was the medication i was on.i had a real bad flu at that time.

2nd was 1999, i was trying to go to sleep and all of the sudden i felt real heavy all around. i was on my stomach trying to move to turn around but i was completly stuck.it felt so heavy like something was holding me down.but also saw my self and the whole room. i was floating around my room. now i thought it was just a dream, and i wasn't sick with the flu or on any medication. just got through smoking with my boys about 4 hrs prior this incident so it cant be the weed.

3rd was 9 months ago same thing but in my house now and i felt the same way i did the last time and saw myself floating around the whole house.but this one was quick and real weird,coz i actually sprung myself out and up the bed so fast and this time no weed nor any kind of medication in my system at all. also the same heavy weight pressing me down but i actually freed myself from it this time.

i always thought of this was just some type of ghost or spirit that is pist off at me, and trying to tell me something.but not quite figured out who or what it is, i was to do.

this happened to me 3 times already, first one was 1991. i felt so weak that i couldnt move at all,but i see myself trying to move.pretty weird at first but i figured it was the medication i was on.i had a real bad flu at that time.

2nd was 1999, i was trying to go to sleep and all of the sudden i felt real heavy all around. i was on my stomach trying to move to turn around but i was completly stuck.it felt so heavy like something was holding me down.but also saw my self and the whole room. i was floating around my room. now i thought it was just a dream, and i wasn't sick with the flu or on any medication. just got through smoking with my boys about 4 hrs prior this incident so it cant be the weed.

3rd was 9 months ago same thing but in my house now and i felt the same way i did the last time and saw myself floating around the whole house.but this one was quick and real weird,coz i actually sprung myself out and up the bed so fast and this time no weed nor any kind of medication in my system at all. also the same heavy weight pressing me down but i actually freed myself from it this time.

i always thought of this was just some type of ghost or spirit that is pist off at me, and trying to tell me something.but not quite figured out who or what it is, i was to do.

I've read that when you feel the weight on you, you can attempt to yawn or twist yourself

to free the dream body. Some people are lucky and able to free their dream self without

any "tricks".

It's no spirit. Just your mind.

i had something similar when i was like 16.

i had just gone to bed, and was in that state where youre dreaming, but are aware of whats going on around you you know? So i was dreaming i was walking on a road with hedgerows on each side, somthing resembling a picture from Normandy France, and on the right the hedge opened into a farm yard. For whatever reason, i was drawn to the barn and started walking toward it, perilized like i couldnt help it.

i heard my brother walk up the stairs and into the bathroom while i was dreaming this, and i started to get scared because i wasnt in control of my body. So i started to yell my brothers name in my dream, but in reality my vocal cords were worthless. I was continually drawn to this barn door, and i still get chills thinkin about it, but i am certain there was some sort of being or entity on the other side.

I started to open the door, partially outside my body(completely perilized) but by this time i could use my voice in reality and slowly "twisted" out of my dream thingy and back into into my bod.

Im certain to this day that if i had opened the door i would have been completely out of my body. it felt like there was noway i could control it.

I had something like this for a while a few years ago. I was lying on my back in bed trying to get to sleep and was sort of drifting off but still awake. I then started to feel as if I was separating from my body and sinking down through my bed. It was terrifying so I jumped up and sat on the edge. I kept having to move my arms about or blink hard to stop the feeling coming back the whole night. This carried on for about a month, sometimes during the day as well until it gradually wore off. It was brought on by drugs though, I had been up all night the night before the original experience taking pills and smoking weed (which I don't touch anymore).

That was when I made this account actually, hence the name.

heard potent salvia can have this effect

Since potent salvia can have the effect of every sense and feeling breaking into billions of gearlike components which slowly reassemble as it wears off or of placing one eye twenty feet to the side of the other one in perceived space, I wouldn't really expect a slightly alien feeling to be associated with the potent kind.

On topic, I used to have night terrors until I was about 12 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terrors

They're sort of a cross between sleep paralysis and a nightmare except in my case I'd remain in a state of full blow hallucination even after being woken up by whoever came to see what the hell I was screaming about. It was the same dream every time, of being chased through impossible alien terrain by some kind of bizarre metal sphere which was attempting to kill me for some unknown reason, and I usually didn't get to wake up until I died.

hmm... dunno if this counts as on OBE or anything, but i remember as a kid, i'd have these dreams sometimes where like, it felt like the middle of my back was on a pole or some shit, and i'd wake up with my back arched and shit with my chest in the air, that shit hurt too lol

hmm... dunno if this counts as on OBE or anything, but i remember as a kid, i'd have these dreams sometimes where like, it felt like the middle of my back was on a pole or some shit, and i'd wake up with my back arched and shit with my chest in the air, that shit hurt too lol

Oddly enough, I have experienced this once or twice.

I just remember it not being cool.

When I was little and had the flying dreams, the most terrifying part

was being slammed back into my body. That's what woke me up and

had me convinced for a bit that I really was flying. I'd bounce in my bed.

Was probably a full body spasm, but it was odd.

when i was about 9 i lived in the projects in one of the roughest parts in town where the homicide rate was highest , about 7 times i recall it happened.

each time was at about 4-6 a.m and i was in the state between sleep and awake (which many years later i began to do extensive research about and found the general term is called Hypnagogia.)

i would be fully aware and sit up with the sensation of falling while rising at the same time . i'd sit there for a minute or two and realize the room just seemed really warm but i couldnt feel anything save for the sensation of a thrumming vibration like a heartbeat but it was all around pulsing through everything but nothing moved.

eventually i would sit up on my knees and look out of the window look down into the alley and see a dark shadow of a figure standing in the road.

pretty much every time i panicked and would run back to my bed only to find my blanket pulled over my own body with only my feet hanging out.....(weird habit i never knew where it came from or why i still do it but i sleep with my socks half on blanket covering my whole body save for my feet) so i knew it was me.

then i would just actually get up in a cold sweat and run to my doorway and stand there freaked out of my head....if you grew up where there are earthquakes you would get the doorway thing.

i tried to induce obe without much success through the years with the exception of a few times and i think it was only because i wasnt stressed.

lucid dreaming is almost an everynight thing for me unless i'm drunk... i dont know if its just because my mindset is expecting too much or if i am not breathing correctly to do the out of body thing.

when i was about 9 i lived in the projects in one of the roughest parts in town where the homicide rate was highest , about 7 times i recall it happened.

each time was at about 4-6 a.m and i was in the state between sleep and awake (which many years later i began to do extensive research about and found the general term is called Hypnagogia.)

i would be fully aware and sit up with the sensation of falling while rising at the same time . i'd sit there for a minute or two and realize the room just seemed really warm but i couldnt feel anything save for the sensation of a thrumming vibration like a heartbeat but it was all around pulsing through everything but nothing moved.

eventually i would sit up on my knees and look out of the window look down into the alley and see a dark shadow of a figure standing in the road.

pretty much every time i panicked and would run back to my bed only to find my blanket pulled over my own body with only my feet hanging out.....(weird habit i never knew where it came from or why i still do it but i sleep with my socks half on blanket covering my whole body save for my feet) so i knew it was me.

then i would just actually get up in a cold sweat and run to my doorway and stand there freaked out of my head....if you grew up where there are earthquakes you would get the doorway thing.

i tried to induce obe without much success through the years with the exception of a few times and i think it was only because i wasnt stressed.

lucid dreaming is almost an everynight thing for me unless i'm drunk... i dont know if its just because my mindset is expecting too much or if i am not breathing correctly to do the out of body thing.

download that video on the first page.

I dunno if it is the same thing but I once crashed a motorbike when I was younger (nothing life threatening) but while I was on a gurney in the hospital wth my neck strapped to a brace because they were worried i may have damaged my neck or fractured my skull I remember looking down on myself on the gurney, I don't remember what I felt or anything like that and just put it down to the pain drugs they had given me, it was only a quick glance at myself nothing more.

Also the thread title always makes me think of the OBEs the Queen gives out to people!!