12 dead, 31 hurt in attacks at Fort Hood

Vulcan5

Not necessarily true. States with the Montana Law are getting more and more friendly

towards open carry.

I can open carry here (TN) and will experience very little problems, if any from LEO's.

You don't need a permit to carry a gun in TN?

Well you sure as fuck do in most states, and they aint easy to get.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need a permit to carry a gun in TN?

Well you sure as fuck do in most states, and they aint easy to get.

No, you need a permit, but you can open carry. If it's not loaded, you don't need a permit.

Not a point in carrying unloaded, though.

In New Hampshire there is no permit needed to carry open or concealed. Montana, either.

I forget all the states where you can, but several have adopted the "Montana Law".

As for cost, I think it's $75 here for CC and one safety class.

http://handgunlaw.us/

No, you need a permit, but you can open carry. If it's not loaded, you don't need a permit.

Not a point in carrying unloaded, though.

In New Hampshire there is no permit needed to carry open or concealed. Montana, either.

I forget all the states where you can, but several have adopted the "Montana Law".

As for cost, I think it's $75 here for CC and one safety class.

http://handgunlaw.us/

Well I know it's alot easier down here to get a carry permit than it is in Philly.

I'm pretty sure you just have to have a clean record and put down the money and take the safety classes or whatever.

In Philly you need a solid excuse as to why you even need one IE you own a small business etc.

You can't just walk around packing a gat without a permit down here though.

When we drive to the shooting range, the gun has to be in the case, in the trunk and unloaded.

Well I know it's alot easier down here to get a carry permit than it is in Philly.

I'm pretty sure you just have to have a clean record and put down the money for the safety classes or whatever.

In Philly you need a solid excuse as to why you even need one IE you own a small business etc.

You can't just walk around packing a gat without a permit down here though.

When we go to the shooting range, the gun has to be in the case, in the trunk and unloaded.

You think that's stupid, if I carry my gun with me on say a date or something and wind up going to a restaurant with a posted sign (no weapons), I cannot leave my gun in the trunk.

It's illegal to leave a weapon unattended.

My choices are to go back home and dump the gun or find a place where I can carry in with me.

You think that's stupid, if I carry my gun with me on say a date or something and wind up going to a restaurant with a posted sign (no weapons), I cannot leave my gun in the trunk.

It's illegal to leave a weapon unattended.

My choices are to go back home and dump the gun or find a place where I can carry in with me.

But then you're "leaving it unattended" at your house. How the fuck is your trunk any different? :headache:

knowing the difference between american wars and american-involved wars is apparently NOT common knowledge.

While an official declaration of war has not been called in a very long time, fighting with

armaments is a war. Declared or not.

We can go back to WWII and still say "we kicked those Nazi fucks asses right proper."

name a war you've won since 1945...............

Korea, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo/Serbia. Second Iraq War, in both phases. Saddam's military/government was decimated (victory) as was Al Qaeda In Iraq and the insurgency were hit hard & are longer a real threat (victory). Yes, there are still car bombings but it has dropped considerably.

Many people say this but look at what the objectives were.

North Korea started the war by invading South Korea and their goal was to unify the country as one. They failed. The UN/US' goal was to prevent this. They succeeded.

It's thought of as a stalemate because the Chinese entered with a couple million troops and pushed UN/US forces back to the current line and the UN/US couldn't push the Chinese back.

Many people say this but look at what the objectives were.

North Korea started the war by invading South Korea and their goal was to unify the country as one. They failed. The UN/US' goal was to prevent this. They succeeded.

It's thought of as a stalemate because the Chinese entered with a couple million troops and pushed UN/US forces back to the current line and the UN/US couldn't push the Chinese back.

So South Korea was saved, but we got pushed out of North Korea and it ended in a cease fire.

Sounds like a stale mate to me.

My great uncle was a Marine in Korea, and even he said that it ended in a stale mate.

The Chinese military is definately worth keeping an eye on.

segway-military.jpg

Who knows what's next.

When I think of the Chinese military, I think of that book title "Silent weapons for quiet wars".

It's not the guns and troops on the ground you have to worry about. It's their cyber division. Also, be well aware that a nuke(s) sent here by the Chinese would be an EMP

strike, not a ground explosion with physical damage.