FLU SHOTS - yay or nay?

count chocula

FLU SHOT ?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

they give out "free" flu vaccinations here at work, which i am highly against.

needless to say - i get all sorts of fuckwads telling me how it saved them last year, or they hate getting the flu.

these are also the fat, lazy and generally unhealthy people, so it's no surprise they get every sickness in the book.

but i come to you to ask:

ARE YOU DOWN WITH THE FLU VACCINATION?

yeah, i know people like that. i've never had a flu shot and i've never come down with anything major (thank god). hopefully, that will stay that way along with no swine flu, since i live right near one of the areas it first broke in ny.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

YOUR CRAZY GUYS! THE VACCINE IS A CONSPIRACY!!

On the real, though. I've seen all the hype about getting the flu vaccine over the last few years and I never bought in to it, nor will I ever. The main reason for my decision is me feeling that I don't need it due to the fact that I'm rarely sick as an adult. Another reason is that I'm not very fond of the pharmaceutical industry.

I had my bouts will illness as a child, mostly episodes with strep throat and maybe even the flu, which I think set me up for a strong immune system now. I think parents fail to realize these days that letting their children be exposed to everyday things could be better for them in the long run, as opposed to lathering them with hand sanitizers and giving them batteries of vaccinations.

A good diet doesn't hurt either. I also let the small shit like colds, allergies, and everything else take their course. I stay away from OTC shit in general.

^^^^I've also read numerous times that people who get them 5 or more concecutive years in a row are at a much greater risk for alzheimers disease, due to the mercury/mercury derivatives in them. What really makes me mad is the way my work handles it. I think injecting something into your body is a big decision. They kind of tell you "just shut up and take it, its good for you", instead of giving out detailed information and letting people make an informed decision. It was a hassle for me just to get the facts sheet that comes with the shots their giving us this year, so I could know which one it is and from what company let alone the ingredients. I've decided I'm not going to. I will just wear a mask for 6 months. Fuck that shit.

my work is offering free shots too. i made the mistake of saying i really would prefer to not get one...and have a really anal retentive boss who went on to tell me how she hates people like me. that she had two siblings die of polio blah blah. as luck would have it, guess who's sick at work today, getting a 2nd helping of bitchfest about vaccines??

• 2 weeks later...

ginger cures everything

EDIT: I also don't trust pharmaceutical companies, reason number one HPV vaccines, that shit is amazing how they openly lie to mothers and fathers telling them how their daughter needs a vaccine that can be potentially life threatening.

they gave those out here in Canada and everyone jumped at the chance...then they later tell everyone that they screwed up and gave everyone the wrong vaccine...everyone gets even more sick...it's retarded..everyone at my work that get it seems to get sick. I haven't had the flu in years....so my answer is a big hell no.