kanye

kiwiwhaaa?

Even if Kanye was just doing this for a reaction, and didn't really mean it, we're saying it wasn't a set up in the sense that Taylor Swift & Beyonce and the audience didn't know about it. And in that sense it still was "real". But I think Kanye was for real.

Haha

theo

I respect almost every post you have ever made on 12 oz until this one

"But I think Kanye was for real"

seriosly?

Ok, I work in the entertainment profession

I've worked numerous awards ceremonies, concerts, productions, presentations, and whatever else, that is in scale with the 09 VMA awards.

Any live event, or recorded event, that has multiple microphonEs in such a manner has a guy working the boards who will kill a mic at .13 seconds notice. If kanye's barnstorm wasn't arranged or sanctioned by MTV it would have been cut. Keep in mind these people black or bleep out any cross word at a 3 second delay. The only way anything goes out on broadcast is by allowance of the executive producers.

Dude really, your a smart guy but this shit was done for Twitter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the very least, Taylor Swift and Beyonce were like "Oh that silly Kanye, let's just play along and look hurt/surprised!". At the very most they were straight told Kanye was gonna say something silly when their award came up.

Trust I'm about to show how at least 2 out of 3 artists invlved (taylor swift, kanye, beyonce) are all under the same label

the 3rd was a PR deal

You kids don't understand how Sony, WB, "the third" controll the recording industry

moneys goes tos thessames places

Haha

theo

I respect almost every post you have ever made on 12 oz until this one

"But I think Kanye was for real"

seriosly?

Ok, I work in the entertainment profession

I've worked numerous awards ceremonies, concerts, productions, presentations, and whatever else, that is in scale with the 09 VMA awards.

Any live event, or recorded event, that has multiple microphonEs in such a manner has a guy working the boards who will kill a mic at .13 seconds notice. If kanye's barnstorm wasn't arranged or sanctioned by MTV it would have been cut. Keep in mind these people black or bleep out any cross word at a 3 second delay. The only way anything goes out on broadcast is by allowance of the executive producers.

Dude really, your a smart guy but this shit was done for Twitter

KimJung, I'm happy for you, and I'ma let you finish. But this was one of the realest Kanye tantrums of all time.

Kanye apologized on his blog, apologized to Taylor Swift's mother backstage and to Taylor Swift. The Bruno/Eminem thing was obviously fake, and it came out in less than 24 hours that it was staged.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Any live event, or recorded event, that has multiple microphones in such a manner has a guy working the boards who will kill a mic at .13 seconds notice. If kanye's barnstorm wasn't arranged or sanctioned by MTV it would have been cut. Keep in mind these people black or bleep out any cross word at a 3 second delay. The only way anything goes out on broadcast is by allowance of the executive producers.

i agree, ive been behind a soundcraft 40+channel console in numerous occasions and all it takes is the push of one button to mute any given mic.

i must ask a question though.

how did he get a mic in the first place? i noticed there is no shot of him coming on stage<in the footage i saw he just magically appears next to whoever that dumb broad is> as well as, if he did just pic up a random mic it would have been muted to avoid/prevent feedback aka someone had to un mute the mic. eitherway smells of the sea.

This pictures kinda sad

like how can you be on top $$$ and end up carrying/swigging a bottle of hennesy straight, while walking around with your ex stripper gf in a snakeskin catsuit

Pretty sure the same scenario goes down in anywhere america anyday

Actually its kind of awesome

I wonder what the louis vuitton camp thinks of such antics

probably doe$n't matter

i agree, ive been behind a soundcraft 40+channel console in numerous occasions and all it takes is the push of one button to mute any given mic.

how did he get a mic in the first place? i noticed there is no shot of him coming on stage<in the footage i saw he just magically appears next to whoever that dumb broad is> as well as, if he did just pic up a random mic it would have been muted to avoid/prevent feedback aka someone had to un mute the mic. eitherway smells of the sea.

He grabbed the mic out of her hand.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

how can you be on top $$$ and end up carrying/swigging a bottle of hennesy straight, while walking around with your ex stripper gf in a snakeskin catsuit

shed still get the cock.

sideways

possibly twice.

This pictures kinda sad

like how can you be on top $$$ and end up carrying/swigging a bottle of hennesy straight, while walking around with your ex stripper gf in a snakeskin catsuit

Actually its kind of awesome

I wonder what the louis vuitton camp thinks of such antics

probably doe$n't matter

It's for the image he's trying to look kinda hood swiggin a bottle of Hennessey the guy is the most plastic fake person on the planet.

GBM

my dude you ready know

kanye had a wireless handheld while Taylor was on a ear mount wireless with a stage mic backup channel

I didn't even Bring that up, but you already know because you know production

kanye was offstage with a handheld the whole time. You can even see it!

GBM helpe educate these fools!!!!!!!!

GBM

my dude you ready know

kanye had a wireless handheld while Taylor was on a ear mount wireless with a stage mic backup channel

I didn't even Bring that up, but you already know because you know production

kanye was offstage with a handheld the whole time. You can even see it!

GBM helpe educate these fools!!!!!!!!

Wait, I don't know if you're joking or not... but did you see the video? He came up there empty handed and took the mic out of her hand.

He grabbed the mic out of her hand.

Ok theo

first check the replay

Taylor is NEVER on a handheld mic!!!

She is on ear mounted wireless

no presenter the whole night is on a handheld wireless!!!

They all are headset mic'd with grips outiside of frame on room tone

not one presenter has a handheld except right after key performances

Either way, handheld mics are shut down at a 3 second delay when it goes "off script" on live broadcast

Theo, you're a smart guy, but imagine this scenario...

Kanye grabs mic from TS (never happened)

blows mad F bombs

(what happens? Censors bleep f bombs )

But really they cut the mic and switch cameras

Nothing go

Ok theo

first check the replay

Taylor is NEVER on a handheld mic!!!

She is on ear mounted wireless

no presenter the whole night is on a handheld wireless!!!

They all are headset mic'd with grips outiside of frame on room tone

not one presenter has a handheld except right after key performances

Either way, handheld mics are shut down at a 3 second delay when it goes "off script" on live broadcast

Theo, you're a smart guy, but imagine this scenario...

Kanye grabs mic from TS (never happened)

blows mad F bombs

(what happens? Censors bleep f bombs )

But really they cut the mic and switch cameras

Nothing go

Alright, help me out here. You've worked production at ceremonies/shows. You're saying she never had a handheld wireless mic. But in the video, I see a handheld wireless mic in her hand. Is this a decoy/dummy microphone that isn't working? I mean, I've never seen an awards show with people having ear mounted mics to accept awards. I've seen numerous shows with people accepting awards either with wireless handheld mics, mounted mics either on stands or podiums.

You said Kanye came from backstage with his own mic. What? The video shows him coming up on stage empty handed and snatching the mic out of her hand. Are Kanye & Taylor illusionist magicians, and I've been tricked? I mean you have more experience in working awards shows than me obviously, but I'm starting to think you may have not seen the video.

Haahahahhaha

aparantly theo firmly believes that a handheld won't be cut by the booth In a live event for going "off script" for more than 3 sEcs

I believe they do cut mics in many instances. But to believe this always happens means to believe that every interruption in recent history was scripted, all of Kanyes, all the award show interruptions in the 90's during the east-west rap beef, etc.

When ODB ran up on stage during the Grammys to ramble on the mic, was that scripted too?