CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS BACK!

Soup

Re: CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS OFFICIALLY SUPER GAY

no but seriously, now i'm intrigued. give specific examples as to what exactly happens to a philly cheesesteak IN philly and nowhere else that makes it so delicious. what makes it SO hard that no one else in the world can recreate a fucking sandwich?

SPECIFIC, mind you. not some of your "common knowledge" bullshit :lol:

Psh everyone knows its common knowledge that philly cheese steaks are only philly cheese steaks in philly.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing is Chinese food here is completely different recipes compared to traditional chinese food. Not only that, if you know where to go, you can get some official chinsese food outside of china. JUST LIKE WITH A CHEESE STEAK. A cheese steak is the same recipe no matter where (if you are doing it right) and the only thing that fucks it up is the cooking method, which was INVENTED in philly, but has no restrictions to staying in philly.

I seen niggas in other states try and pass off "cheesesteaks" with fucking mayo and lettuce on it.

I seen niggas in other states try and pass off "cheesesteaks" with fucking maranara sauce on it.

I seen niggas in other states try and pass off "cheesesteaks" that were made out of steakums.

I seen niggas in other states try and pass off "cheesesteaks" on a fucking round roll.

And you can't even get Amoroso's anywhere outside the Philly area, so even the bread aint "the same ingredience".

Just because you had something called a "cheesesteak" made by some Mexican down the block doesn't mean you've ever had a real cheesesteak.

You have no idea what you're talking about,so just STFU.

And you can't even get Amoroso's anywhere outside the Philly area, so even the bread aint "the same ingredience".

http://amorosobaking.com/

"Since 1904, the Amoroso name has been a tradition of the highest quality hearth baked bread and rolls. For over one hundred years, we have been making the rolls that make Philly sandwiches world famous. Today our products are available in 39 states and counting. If you are looking for a "Real" Philly roll, try our national locator.

I seen niggas in other states try and pass off "cheesesteaks" with fucking mayo and lettuce on it.

I seen niggas in other states try and pass off "cheesesteaks" with fucking maranara sauce on it.

I seen niggas in other states try and pass off "cheesesteaks" that were made out of steakums.

I seen niggas in other states try and pass off "cheesesteaks" on a fucking round roll.

Just because you had something called a "cheesesteak" made by some Mexican down the block doesn't mean you've ever had a real cheesesteak.

You have no idea what you're talking about,so just STFU.

When did i say i had a cheesesteak with lettuce on it? It was assembled exactly like in that previously posted picture.

Also if you read my post correctly, you would have realized i said "if you are doing it right" I had a real god damn philly cheese steak FROM philly, and my mexican boy does it right.(which is actually unlike a lot of other places) So suck my brooklyn nuts.

THIS. chinese food is an entire different style of food, duh no americans will be able to do it justice. its a different cooking style, requiring different ingredients, methods, etc. however, a cheesesteak is a SANDWICH, requiring MEAT and CHEESE.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is like the 3rd time you've contradicted yourself in the same post.

IT'S NOT THE SAME INGREDIENTS AND METHODS IF IT'S DONE IN SOME OTHER CITY BY SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY'RE DOING YOU DUMB CHILD.

dude, i'm pretty sure you can get steak and cheese in any state in america. and as chupa just pointed out, you can get the fucking rolls in 39 states as well.

as far as methods? what state in america doesn't have someone who knows how to MAKE A FUCKING SANDWICH?

Guest 50million

so my boy is from philly. hes not the biggest cheese steak fan in the world, but he knows when a cheese steak is a true cheese steak or just a sandwich.

he told me there is some restaurant in SF where they FLY IN philly hoagie rolls especially for their cheese steaks. he asked the owners about it and they said it was pretty expensive, but it's what really makes theirs a lot better (than say, jay's cheese steaks).

and he said whiz is optional to provolone and american. although he mixes all three together....

jays 'cheese steak'

2984dbab816a1379f950212b813dd541.jpg

philly cheese steak

philly_lunch1.jpg

DAO you are like the lion in the cage and these people are just prodding you.

And you can get chinese food here that I am sure is as good as in actual China since nearly half the population here is Chinese these days. And why couldn't some Philly ex-pat move to another state or part of the world and start a cheesesteak business there? I mean I can associate eating a cheesesteak as being a "philly experience' like visiting Big Ben in London but to say that it can only be made in one place is pretty naive, even for you DAO.

That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. CHeese steak's a poor boy meal. Using some "exotic" shitty ass philly bread is by far the most ass backwards shit you could do.

No you haven't.

Yes, infact i have. But i'm sure you're the ultimate cheesesteak guru and you really know what you're talking about, just like you did with the amoroso rolls. Oh wait, you have no idea what you're talking about and just make shit up to try to defend yourself.

and the bread isn't exotic at all. as i already pointed out, its available in 39 states.

That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. CHeese steak's a poor boy meal. Using some "exotic" shitty ass philly bread is by far the most ass backwards shit you could do.

yeah man. If anything i want some nice bread, not some dirty smoke stack philly bread.

And you can get chinese food here that I am sure is as good as in actual China since nearly half the population here is Chinese these days.

I believe you are wrong on this one. You can get some really great Chinese food here that surpasses the Americanized shit, but it really just isn't the same as in China, guess you'd have to go there to see for real.

After examining the last 2 pages I've come to the conclusion that what makes a Philly cheese steak taste better than anywhere else is the arguing.

HAHAHAH. Those bittersweet tears of prideful dumbfucks in every bite.

You people are some dense motherfuckers.

It's like arguing with a fucking wall.

Yaous have no idea what you're talking about, and most of yous never even HAD a real fucking cheesesteak in your life.

Then you got morons who are just straight up lying just to jump on the dick.

I got shit to do and I'm running late, I'll be back to argue in circles with you herbs later.

You people are some dense motherfuckers.

It's like arguing with a fucking wall.

Yaous have no idea what you're talking about, and most of yous never even HAD a real fucking cheesesteak in your life.

Then you got morons who are just straight up lying just to jump on the dick.

I got shit to do and I'm running late, I'll be back to argue in circles with you herbs later.

its funny how you dont realize at all the way you have been building your arguments. Im right, you're all wrong, No evidence to support claims. Way to be a douche bag.

just straight up lying

you can't even get Amoroso's anywhere outside the Philly area

http://amorosobaking.com/

"our products are available in 39 states and counting."

well John that is because America is still predominantly white. Over here, it is half Chinese, so I am sure they would bring their food with them.

True, but I live in an area with one of the highest Chinese populations in the U.S., they have those 'off the beaten path' type places that don't sell tourist crap. Still, maybe being closer makes the difference, but there's absolutely nothing here that quite compares to what I had while there.

http://www.cheesesteakshop.com/about-us.html

The Cheese Steak Shop...

A brief history

The Cheese Steak Shop began in San Francisco in 1982 on Divisadero St.

The location was decided upon by current owner and CEO Keith Layton and former partner Jerry Potter in the purely scientific process of "whoever would have us". The above method proved worthy for the 2nd store in Berkeley as well... Well, we're still in the same location in Berkeley, and only one block down from the original location in San Francisco, so the scientific method has served us well over the years.

Both of those stores were open in 1982. Subsequent openings from 1983-1996 included Walnut Creek, Concord, Oakland, Pleasanton, Pittsburg, San Jose, Castro Valley, and Pinole. All stores are in the San Francisco Bay Area in California.

In the Year 2000, Steve Oakes, another native Philadelphia product (Chester, PA) hooked up with Layton (Coatesville, PA) to talk about how Steve could fit into the organization.

After discussions over many lunches (Oakes never paid), it was decided that franchising would be the most logical path to build upon the current foundation of 10 stores.

In 2002, we were finally approved by the State of California Department of Corporations to sell franchises. The first franchise was sold that year with 3 more fairly quickly to follow.

Franchised stores are now open and thriving, and more will continue to be added. At the current time, we are active in Northern California and looking to expand in other states.

The Cheese Steak Shop holds three elements in place to make your experience the best:

Ingredients-We use quality meats and cheese, but the real secret to great cheese steaks and hoagies is in the bun. Our rolls come directly from Amoroso's Bakery in Philadelphia. We also import our peppers and Tastykakes from Philly.

Quality-From the time we take the ingredients off the trucks until we serve our customers, each step of the process is carefully followed to make sure that every sandwich meets our high standards.

Customer Service-We offer our customers the products and service to keep them coming back for more! We take care of our customers efficiently, courteously, and properly.

Let me just say that you dont have to go to Philly for authentic diarrhea.

The peanut butter and jelly sandwich, (PB&J), also known as a peanut butter and jam sandwich in the UK, Canada and Australia, is a sandwich that includes a layer of peanut butter and either jelly or jam on bread, commonly between two slices, but sometimes eaten open-faced, that is, with peanut butter and jam or jelly on each of two slices, eaten without putting the two slices together and without folding each slice of bread.[1] The sandwich has the advantage that it does not contain any perishable ingredients, so it does not require refrigeration in hot weather, making it suitable for lunch bags. The peanut butter and jelly sandwich is very popular with both adults and children in the US and Canada. A 2002 survey showed the average American will have eaten 1,500 of the sandwiches before graduating from high school.[2] Jars of pre-mixed peanut butter and jelly are commercially available for making these sandwiches.

Variations

Other nut butters (uh huh huh huh, did they just say nut butters? LOLOLOL!!!) , such as almond, cashew, soybean, sunflower, or hazelnut/nutella are sometimes used to make sandwiches similar to the peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Many jams and jellies are commonly used to create peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, though most commonly dark berries (such as raspberry or blackberry) are used because of the flavor combination with peanut butter.

Some known variants include the addition of one or more of the following ingredients[citation needed]: honey, syrup, marshmallows, raisins, bananas, butter, marshmallow fluff, other dried fruit, or another slice of bread. A combination of peanut butter and Nutella (cocoa flavored hazelnut butter) is also popular as is peanut butter with honey or bananas instead of the jelly.

In 1968, The J.M. Smucker Co. introduced Goober, which combined alternating vertical stripes of both peanut butter and jelly in a single jar.

Sealed crustless sandwich

In December 1999, two independent inventors, Len Kretchman and David Geske, were granted a U.S. patent,[3] "Sealed Crustless Sandwich" for an improved peanut butter sandwich that would have a long shelf life. The J.M. Smucker Co. bought the patent from the inventors and developed a commercial product based on the patent called Uncrustables. Smuckers then made a US$17 million dollar investment in a new factory[4] to produce the product. By 2005, sales of Uncrustables grew to $60 million a year with a 20% per year growth rate.

Smuckers attempted to enforce their patent rights by sending out cease and desist letters to competitors, and by expanding their intellectual property coverage via the patenting of a machine to produce Uncrustables sandwiches in high volume U.S. Patent 6,874,409 "Method and apparatus for making commercial crustless sandwiches and the crustless sandwich made thereby". The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, however, rejected the viability of the patent citing its similarity to existing processes such as that of fashioning ravioli or a pie crust.[5]

Popular culture, colloquialisms and the PB&J

The sandwich has often been called PB&J, Peanut Butter and J, Peanut Butter and Jam.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time is a well-known Internet song.

The steps to making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich are popularized in the lyrics of a children's song, sung on many children's TV shows, such as Barney & Friends.

Archived