IZ THE WIZ: THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Zed_Eastwood

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the "hell iz for chidren" is one of the sickest cars ever done. thanks for the great shot work ur soul. and for the multitude of fliks by STYLEISKING. I can only imagine that all the fliks available on the web are only a small fraction of the work IZ put in.

as a testamony to IZ's legacy i emplore any/all of you to try this little game i play called wheres IZ (because you know he's there).

every time you see a movie filmed in NYC in the 1970s and 1980s, and old bombed trains are featured, see how many times you can spot an IZ tag or throw up.

I havent seen any movies recently that fit this description, but i can remember spotting his tags in: the warriors, dreams dont die, death wish, and i know there are others.

additionally; on the newyourksubway.org site there are thousands of random fliks of old bombed trains from the 70s and 80s. IZ has tags and throw ups in more of them than anyone else. sometimes you have to look for them, and sometimes it seems as if the photo was of the IZ throw up, not the train. Thats just another example of how prolific he was, how prevalent he was. he IZ the king. it is an irrefutable truth.

during the last days of subway graffiti we used to go to the scrap yards to take photos of insides. it was like a ritual. we used to search every nook and cranny of every car in the yard looking for the obscure and the hidden. I opend a motormans cab in this one car and behind me in the top corner of this already cramped space the was an old IZ tag on a circut box pannel. i was beside myself because at that moment i realized i was standing in the spot where the great IZ THE WIZ once stood to cop this tag. something told me to try to take that piece of the train. i wrestled with it for about 5 minutes until finally it broke free. all these years, all the photos i took and collected, all the graffiti paraphanalia i amassed over the years, this has always been my most prized posession. Later in 1998 I finally met IZ and had a chance to kick it with him and like most old writers he was extremely humble and down to earth. just a real person who happened to be the king of graffiti. I hung with him briefly again in 08 at the steel wheels show in atlanta.

you, my friend will always "be around"

Rest In Peace IZ THE WIZ.

izcover.jpg

IZ told me some stories and dropped a few pieces in a book for me back in like 99-2000. I was still a complete toy. I haven't really fucked with books since...that was all I ever needed. I bumped into him again over the years. He always remembered me..which always surprised me.

I didn't realize how hard he had gone back in the day till I started seeing him up myself all these years later. Knowing IZ really inspired me to learn more about history, respect the pioneers, and most importantly to always remain humble.

I had hoped to give him these flicks and others in person one day and am normally opposed to posting flicks like this online...but in memory of Mike.

RIP

I lost a few hours of sleep after the news, I made sure to put those hours to work IZ. My heart goes out to your family and friends at this time, cause I know you will be deeply missed, thank you for inspiring multiple generations, REST IN POWER KING IZ, well hold it down for you.

"When all the toys are at home sleeping, cuddling to their pillows, they usually have curfews, come down, in the wee hours of the night, when the workers done their job, the sweepers done the sweeping they had to do, and just take my time, be creative..."

Iz the wiz

Rest In Peace