The New NHL just in time for Round 2 of the playoffs thread.

Dose-ink

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what exactly did you guys want to see called? you think the refs were gonna call every single thing in a game 6? they're going to let them play with as little penalties called possible. the pens were a lot more composed than they were in game 5 and weren't committing nearly as many penalties. the ones they did got called, quit arguing for the sake of your team. next you're gonna tell me the posts are rigged because zetterberg hit one.

p.s. what the fuck is up with mike millbury dickriding detroit like it's going out of style. dude has a fucking man crush on datsyuk and wants to get babbed by babcock.

i wish i can meet you IRL so i can spit on you!

real talk.

this friday, I'm gonna empty a bunch of ice on the street and throw an octopus on it. Keepin the tradition alive all the way out in brooklyn.

the fag yuppie sports bar around the way is (predictably) all penguins fans. I am looking forward to seeing that place get sad and quiet. And their nachos suck.

GO WINGS

what exactly did you guys want to see called? you think the refs were gonna call every single thing in a game 6? they're going to let them play with as little penalties called possible. the pens were a lot more composed than they were in game 5 and weren't committing nearly as many penalties. the ones they did got called, quit arguing for the sake of your team. next you're gonna tell me the posts are rigged because zetterberg hit one.

p.s. what the fuck is up with mike millbury dickriding detroit like it's going out of style. dude has a fucking man crush on datsyuk and wants to get babbed by babcock.

There were a few late hits from Orpik, there was plenty of holding the stick/interference, the goalie interference call against zetterburg was bullshit because jordan staal clearly pushed him into fleury (right in front of the official in the zone, who didn't call it) need I go on ?

I realize they aren't going to call every single little thing but how about a little balance? how about some consistency? how about not making it so blatantly obvious the pens were getting home ice advantage ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm completely impartial, I'm NOT a detroit fan. I don't give a fuck who wins this cup (I wanted chicago to win it to be honest), and as I'm watching these games all I can do is shake my head and laugh about how brutally one sided it can be.

well you werent saying anything about penalty calls when the pens spent the whole game 5 in the box...

its the playoffs and this dude is looking for pussy ass holding the stick calls

if you have been watching the series they have been letting all the little shit go except for in game 5 where they called absolutely everything

but for you to bitch about the refs not calling shit in the last game is fucking unreal cause they called 2 penalties on the pens late in the third after not calling much on either team before that.

accept the game for what it was....the pens won every every battle along the boards, and blocked 20 shots...thats why they won...not because a lack of calls..

even babcock said the pens outplayed them most of the game...

"They won more races and more battles, had more play, were on top of us more, and they kept us to the outside.

but its cool cause cause your the most imfamous pens hater in this thread...ive come to expect you to bitch about the refs after every pens win

to be honest skeedup I didn't watch game 5 except for the third period I was on the highway for pretty much the whole game so I didn't see that

and let me clarify once more: NOT a pens hater, I'm a Crosby hater. there are a bunch of players on the pens who I have respect for and I'd like regardless of which team they played for. You don't live in Canada, you don't see the things from the same side I do, get over it dude.

I know the pens are your team and you're a local there, so I understand the way you react to the things I post cos it definitely looks like I'm blatantly slagging the pens in here all the time.

If you watched that game with impartial eyes you would have seen the inconsistencies and blind eye the refs took to a lot of shit the pens got away with; see: Kobe's post above mine, the post I made in response to hachi machi, did you not see the slash on cleary from orpik on his breakaway in the last 2 minutes? if that was crosby breaking in on osgoode and, say, lebda slashed #87 I can guarantee there would have been a penalty shot awarded.

I'm not gonna argue that detroit outplayed pittsburgh, cause they didn't. Pittsburgh forced a lot of play and had detroit pinned in their own end quite a bit. Yes, I agree with you the refs didn't win that game for the Pens, but it doesn't help knowing that if you get impeded with in a blatant matter you're not gonna get the call, and if you do the impeding you're probably going to end up in the box.

also whats up with everyone else in the hockey broadcasting world that dick rides sidney crosby when they should obviously be dickriding malkin.

i wish i can meet you IRL so i can spit on you!

real talk.

whaaa whaaaa the internet hurts my feelingz

how the fuck are you going to use "IRL" then act teh tuffguyz. you need to apply that real talk right back at yourself kobe, im not some white girl from colorado.

edit: let me just say that im using a combined mixture of sarcasm and a pun in my post, before you take that shit to the cheeks. detroit will probably win on home ice then you can go freestyle on 8 mile about it. hollar.

pens did outplay the wings, ill give them that.

but so many calls were passed up, the cooke hit on datsyuk clearly interference along with the kunitz hit on rafalski.

if your talking about the hit when datsyuks helmet got knocked off that happened half a second after he got rid of the puck

the only thing that could have possibly been called was orpik slashing cleary on that breakaway...

but even with that he barely made contact with him and he was not the reason cleary didnt score which is why i think it wasn't called.

and metronome im still not sure what you being from canada has to do with anything...

your always saying that crosby was hyped up to be the next gretzky up there, so what do you think its like here???

crosby is under more scrutiny than any other player...everyone in pittsburgh expects him to be the next lemieux

If you watched that game with impartial eyes you would have seen the inconsistencies and blind eye the refs took to a lot of shit the pens got away with; see: Kobe's post above mine, the post I made in response to hachi machi, did you not see the slash on cleary from orpik on his breakaway in the last 2 minutes? if that was crosby breaking in on osgoode and, say, lebda slashed #87 I can guarantee there would have been a penalty shot awarded.

Orpik committed a high stick check on cleary on the breakaway and was lucky not to get called for slashing. Apparently it didn't interfere enough with the play for the officials to call it, and thats that. If you want to complain about penalties on breakaways not getting called I could go ahead and say that Malkin was interfered with by Franzen in game 4 when he was breaking away short handed, but I looked at the play saw that the shot was already being made, and didnt think much of it after that.

Bottom line is if you have played hockey, you know how physical the game is and what is going to get called in what situation. Getting hung up over what you perceive as slanted officiating is always going to have a counterpoint or opposite argument. As a hockey fan, you should be pumped that there is a great series happening, and its going to be decided in 7 games.

As far as Crosby, what the fuck do you expect. He's the Jordan of hockey, in a league that is trying to draw as much press and excitement as possible, and I'd put my money on you jocking the fucking shit out of him if he was in a Red Wing's or whatever your favorite team's jersey.

REALER TALK, ACCURATE DIALOUGUE, TRUTH SPEAK, HACHI MACHISMS

Orpik committed a high stick check on cleary on the breakaway and was lucky not to get called for slashing. Apparently it didn't interfere enough with the play for the officials to call it, and thats that. If you want to complain about penalties on breakaways not getting called I could go ahead and say that Malkin was interfered with by Franzen in game 4 when he was breaking away short handed, but I looked at the play saw that the shot was already being made, and didnt think much of it after that.

Bottom line is if you have played hockey, you know how physical the game is and what is going to get called in what situation. Getting hung up over what you perceive as slanted officiating is always going to have a counterpoint or opposite argument. As a hockey fan, you should be pumped that there is a great series happening, and its going to be decided in 7 games.

As far as Crosby, what the fuck do you expect. He's the Jordan of hockey, in a league that is trying to draw as much press and excitement as possible, and I'd put my money on you jocking the fucking shit out of him if he was in a Red Wing's or whatever your favorite team's jersey.

REALER TALK, ACCURATE DIALOUGUE, TRUTH SPEAK, HACHI MACHISMS

WORD.

Here is how game 7 will play out. It'll be close through 2, then late in the third malkin and crosby pair up for a powerplay goal to win it for the pens. Hossa will shortly after jump over the boards and head to the pens locker room. He'll emerge wearing a stolen pens jersey and try to cop a feel on lord stanley. Just before he can get his hand on the cup orpik slashes it off and flings his hand into the detroit open net. The end

Go pens!

whaaa whaaaa the internet hurts my feelingz

how the fuck are you going to use "IRL" then act teh tuffguyz. you need to apply that real talk right back at yourself kobe, im not some white girl from colorado.

edit: let me just say that im using a combined mixture of sarcasm and a pun in my post, before you take that shit to the cheeks. detroit will probably win on home ice then you can go freestyle on 8 mile about it. hollar.

dude, that was a drunken rage post. nothing personal.

true...im just saying cause he's talking about imaginging its crosby and thats all he could do cause detroit hasn't layed the smack down on him at all...

matter of fact crosbys hit on zetterberg at center ice was pretty nice

dont need to lay the smack down on somebody that has had no impact on the series so far... i would just like to see what the nhl would do if crosby were to get caught with his head down.

true...im just saying cause he's talking about imaginging its crosby and thats all he could do cause detroit hasn't layed the smack down on him at all...

matter of fact crosbys hit on zetterberg at center ice was pretty nice

it was.

and crosby really never has his head down.

hes smarter than that.

though you can watch this from last year.

not a huge hit but something to tide dose over till tomorrow ;)

datsyuk hits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8rf5vw-ww0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQ2SZYjs5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao152EVQEiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45CaiJQmnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TLrTa3FIIk

dont need to lay the smack down on somebody that has had no impact on the series so far... i would just like to see what the nhl would do if crosby were to get caught with his head down.

keep hating homie....crosby makes all kinds of great plays without scoring...

scuderi said it best after the last game....he said that even though crosby didnt produce much offensively, he hasn't given anything up defensively which is just as important...

crosby makes tons of little plays like blocking shots and clearing the puck out of the zone and all kinds of other little shit that goes unrecognized on the stats sheet but is necessary for winning games...

shit like that is also the reason i have alot of respect for datsyuk and zetterberg

it was.

and crosby really never has his head down.

hes smarter than that.

though you can watch this from last year.

not a huge hit but something to tide dose over till tomorrow ;)

datsyuk hits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8rf5vw-ww0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQ2SZYjs5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao152EVQEiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45CaiJQmnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TLrTa3FIIk

not a hit, but this one is gold.

edit*- and i agree with you on Scuderi he was pretty much the hero for the pens last game.

Archived